Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same BR mage allway win again knight.

Comment

Starting with holy seal is worst tactic for knight, first of all, it waste one turn. you can either choose slash or brutality. I hate someone misleading ppl.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax

Comment

I open most fights with lightning bolt. This gives me a round to assess the situation.

If a knight opens with HS - I use my restoration or my healing rune (depends on damage taken as to which I use) to counter it,

No HS anywhere is gonna be able to deal the 11k+ in damage to counter my single heal.

So already the combo is off to a bad start.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          I open most fights with lightning bolt. This gives me a round to assess the situation.

If a knight opens with HS - I use my restoration or my healing rune (depends on damage taken as to which I use) to counter it,

No HS anywhere is gonna be able to deal the 11k+ in damage to counter my single heal.

depends on the level of HS...

Under 65 this prolly holds true, after level 65 u might be sat 3 turns taking dmg and gaining no rage ^^
          Blizzarea
          S147
          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
            Holy seal,ulti slasher lvl 5,shield,ulti slasher,brutality rune and whirlwind.Mage is dead. I always win
            Weak site of this combo is Holy Seal, when you (Mage) got high lvl, you can start RoF, and after this Suntoria. After this hunt rage for heal and MD. So, when you got higher lvl of Holy Seal, you automaticilly can block Knight, when he use brutallity rune, its pure fun, when Knight try to kill you ^^
            Game: Wartune
            Name: Nocturne
            Server: 187s Fel Reach
            LVL: 61
            BR: 35101

Comment

Ah but that might not work unless you are able to time the heal exactly to the gap between when the knight HS gets casts and when he casts the ulti slasher which i think is a matter of seconds? But if you manage it it will certainly mess up the combo You could also cast the resto after he casts ulti slasher, which helps as well .
              Last edited by rainefowl; 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax View Post
                Starting with holy seal is worst tactic for knight, first of all, it waste one turn. you can either choose slash or brutality. I hate someone misleading ppl.
                Starting with holy seal is the only way this combo is going to work. It's a guaranteed hit to the player, which will make the first USlasher also a guaranteed hit to the player. From there, every following USlasher goes to the player, unless they can heal through it.

Pretty good tactic if you ask me.

Now to identify and counter said tactic...... muahahaha.... *cough* *hack*
                Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by rainefowl View Post
                  Ah but that might not work unless you are able to time the heal exactly to the gap between when the knight HS gets casts and when he casts the ulti slasher which i think is a matter of seconds? But if you manage it it will certainly mess up the combo You could also cast the resto after he casts ulti slasher, which helps as well .
                  HS and US are both long cast skills. It's a relatively huge time window to get a heal into. Hell I could practically nip to the shops and back and still squeeze it in...
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

HS and US are both long cast skills. It's a relatively huge time window to get a heal into. Hell I could practically nip to the shops and back and still squeeze it in...
                    Hmm, this would be hard to explain without a visual guide... Basically the time gap I am talking about is not the time between when then knight presses the "Q" button for HS and the "2" button for ulti slasher, but the time between when the HS is actually casted onto the opponent and does damage and when the knight presses the "2" button to follow up with ulti slasher(the time at which the game will determine where the ulti slasher will go). Any other time gap is probably the wrong time to get your heal into.

Comment

Hmm, this would be hard to explain without a visual guide... Basically the time gap I am talking about is not the time between when then knight presses the "Q" button for HS and the "2" button for ulti slasher, but the time between when the HS is actually casted onto the opponent and does damage and when the knight presses the "2" button to follow up with ulti slasher(the time at which the game will determine where the ulti slasher will go). Any other time gap is probably the wrong time to get your heal into.
                      I know what you mean: Let me try to explain how I see it:

so the screen goes black for the start of the fight. I press '1' to select lightning bolt.
                      The screen clears up, the fight is beginning. The knight selects or has selected HS.
                      LB goes off. I pause and wait. our troops clash. HS goes off and hits me (as this happens I select either my rune or restoration). knight selects US.
                      troops clash again. my restoration goes off and heals me for 11k. Knight US goes off.

Comment

The gap after the 1st US, more then plenty of time to get in a resto and misslead that 2nd US, but if u dont have enough heal in your resto, doing bolt-heal can squeeze in itself between that gap you're talking about, simply because HS is so fuqing slow

Comment

so the screen goes black for the start of the fight. I press '1' to select lightning bolt.
                          The screen clears up, the fight is beginning. The knight selects or has selected HS.
                          LB goes off. I pause and wait. our troops clash. HS goes off and hits me (as this happens I select either my rune or restoration). knight selects US.
                          troops clash again. my restoration goes off and heals me for 11k. Knight US goes off.
                          and if that HS stuns you for 1 round? or 2? then that won't work.

Also US is a quick skill, not a long casting skill.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            and if that HS stuns you for 1 round? or 2? then that won't work.

Also US is a quick skill, not a long casting skill.
                            My HS is maxed for my level. so unless I'm fighting a level 63+, I shouldn't be stunned. But yes I agree, if fighting 63+ then I'll sit and twiddle my thumbs, stare at the ground, check my phone and probably die.

US always seem slow to me... o.O
                            Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Sounds reasonable . Just wondering though, why do you heal before the knight's US if the HS only does 3k+ damage to you and the US will deal 7k+ to you after you heal, still putting your health below your troops?

And I agree with you in that we should assume that the knight's and mage's HS are of equal level, since HS gives a huge advantage to any fight anyways and the knight would probably win regardless of the combo.

If it matters, Ulti slasher decides based on health percentage and not absolute health, so it may not work on 1v1 fights with troops where the mage has ridiculously high health .
                              Last edited by rainefowl; 06-29-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

lot knight fail use that trick on me
                                nyahahahhaha
                                Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

Working...
                                X