Knights vs Mages 50+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rainefowl View Post
    Sounds reasonable . Just wondering though, why do you heal before the knight's US if the HS only does 3k+ damage to you and the US will deal 7k+ to you after you heal, still putting your health below your troops?

And I agree with you in that we should assume that the knight's and mage's HS are of equal level, since HS gives a huge advantage to any fight anyways and the knight would probably win regardless of the combo.

If it matters, Ulti slasher decides based on health percentage and not absolute health, so it may not work on 1v1 fights with troops where the mage has ridiculously high health .
    Heal before the US so that the US doesn't target me. In theory it'll hit my troops.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
      Heal before the US so that the US doesn't target me. In theory it'll hit my troops.
      Hi ginger ^^ better option is, when knight hit you hs use heal rune, becouse of faster casting speed. With 40k hp rune heals you with 4k so again full hp. Resto not allways works that fast and knight can targeting you
      Have same situation as an archer but from my exp,even if i get hit from us i use ** = full hp and my troops have full hp to, good luck for knights then

_________

Crit Mage 80v
      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

This is true. The US will target the the lowest HP player that exists when it is selected, any other action that may happen doesn't change this, even if a restore goes off and heals the target before the US actually fires. It is in the selection time, not the proc time.

If the restore procs before the US is selected then it is a different story, but it usually wont happen. However, the next round after the restore actually happens, then it will have the knight targeting the troops anyways, if the mage heals himself enough, which is usually the case. Victories for knights against mages are won in the little endless details of things like selection and timing such as these. That's what makes it so difficult to do, but the satisfaction is well worth it.
        ChieftainRez
        Knight
        VictisHNR
        [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

well, this combo only works to normal mage(if they got wings but knight don't, thats only lowering mage hp)

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            I open most fights with lightning bolt. This gives me a round to assess the situation.

If a knight opens with HS - I use my restoration or my healing rune (depends on damage taken as to which I use) to counter it,

No HS anywhere is gonna be able to deal the 11k+ in damage to counter my single heal.

So already the combo is off to a bad start.
            Yes but using your resto skill from beginning to avoid knight's US drops your rage for aoe(donno how much rage consumes resto but i think over 30)...and we all know that the mage AOE kills knights. So no AOE or delayed AOE gives knight a big advantage
            Last edited by buuromania; 06-30-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buuromania View Post
              Yes but using your resto skill from beginning to avoid knight's US drops your rage for aoe(donno how much rage consumes resto but i think over 30)...and we all know that the mage AOE kills knights. So no AOE or delayed AOE gives knight a big advantage
              if you face off against a pvp set mage, true... but with clothes and pvp set starting rage, you should have sufficient rage for heal+1/2 aoes, specially with the extra rage from the bolt. If you are up against a pve mage, rage wont matter for it
              S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
              Mage: Existence (G.M)
              BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Working...
              X