A Rant..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rant..

(Let me just say that I am posting this due to my building anger over the current state of the game)
    You can try to deny or counter argue what I am about to post, but everyone reading this post knows
    what I am saying is completely true, and why I still play the game completely astonishes me. Maybe its
    the fact that I have devoted to much time before realizing the game has been nothing but a "cash cow"
    The developers are laughing at us, the players, as we continue to sink money into this game, when they
    profit off of everything. The amount of money they make could be used to provide some half decent
    content instead of the half assed updates they provide us which all are aimed towards balens. Take the
    1.6 update, The "class wars" which gives you the option to wager balens, and the supposed "tank wars" which requires balens to be competitive. Then there is the clothing system, which basically slaps fancy
    balens items in your face, wanting you to pay balens for cosmetic clothing, which happens to give rage boost and other advantages. Then you have to pay balens to
    upgrade the clothing, which is more of a slap in the face. Let alone the wings which cost $20 alone, and also require balens to upgrade. Then their is the straight out pay to win element which we all are
    ignorant of. Being competitive is a joke, unless you dish out real cash. The top player on my server, according to my calculations based on clothing and other factors, as dished out a total of 4 grand. 4
    grand on a freaking browser game created by a greedy company. The game has no real content updates, and the game is nothing but a cash cow, as I stated before. You can try to disagree with some of my more opinionated responses, but I make a strong point, the main point being: The game is pay to win, and the developers are cashing in, releasing updates which emphasize mainly on balens.
    Last edited by Dovkan; 06-30-2013, 08:42 PM.

Welcome to internet friend . Every single Browser game is pay to win.

Comment

Originally posted by djordaek View Post
      Welcome to internet friend . Every single Browser game is pay to win.
      Not all of them, Ive played plenty of browser games that make their profits off of pure cosmetic items.

Comment

Well, if it's my case, I never used more than $500 and still get to be among the top 5. The others who spend much more than that will provide me with good laughs when I hear about their complaints.

The only thing making people spend that much is because they didn't know what to buy in the first place is all. Every heavy casher had that period when they use money like crazy, and then only spend on neccessary things after they understood it's useless to spend so needlessly.
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
          Well, if it's my case, I never used more than $500 and still get to be among the top 5. The others who spend much more than that will provide me with good laughs when I hear about their complaints.

The only thing making people spend that much is because they didn't know what to buy in the first place is all. Every heavy casher had that period when they use money like crazy, and then only spend on neccessary things after they understood it's useless to spend so needlessly.
          Still, $500 is alot.. I cant believe people waste that much money, id be rocking some new pc parts with that much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dovkan View Post
            Still, $500 is alot.. I cant believe people waste that much money, id be rocking some new pc parts with that much money.
            Well... considering staying on the top 5 in 8 months with only $500, I'd say it's a small amount compare to most of the others. Still, how people spend money is up to them, don't you think?

And yes, some new PC parts sounds good for other games you want to play.
            The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

It's a double edged sword because I started on Wartune after playing another browser game where you had to spend no money at all and could still be one of the best.The problem was after 2 years everyone had figured out they did not have to spend anything and game folded.I do however think that the prices are ridiculous.@o bucks for a set of wings and to stay near top you have to upgrade to at least lvl 3 at a minimum so til done you will have $100 in a set of wings?I truly believe that if they lowered the prices they would make even more money because many more people would be willing to spend money.However when you have people willing to waste 1000s of dollars resetting shop to get highest gems,runes,etc... or buying crystaloids and stones it takes us months to earn I doubt it will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                Well... considering staying on the top 5 in 8 months with only $500, I'd say it's a small amount compare to most of the others. Still, how people spend money is up to them, don't you think?

And yes, some new PC parts sounds good for other games you want to play.
                I will have the money for a nex fx 8020 soon.... 4.0 ghz oc'd hmm..

Comment

I completely agree this game being a cash cow. And people who are kidding themselves saying they can be really strong non cashers have really yet to experience life in the 55+ where everyone eventually gets lvl 10 guild skills and orange astrals. I started out as a non casher, but bit my bit realised this game became almost unplayable without cashing in. First wings and clothings. Sadly clothing here makes such a dramatic change in ur gameplay that u really do need a bare minimum of lvl 1 of each type to even think abt competition. This is probably one of the very few games I have seen where clothing does something much more than just for pure looks. Wings.. well i managed to get lvl 1 of them and them raising my br a straightout 1k when i was lvl 45 only says how effective they are. I cant talk abt what lvl 3 would give when I dont have them myself, but I can imagine i guess.

Right now am lvl 55, with a br of around 41k, I consider myself decent, but without getting the event mounts that cashers keep getting and making the difference larger every month, I might as well quit. In the 2 months I have played, the difference between my mount stats and theirs are already pretty dang huge, that I dont wanna think abt what would happen in 6 months. And the worst thing is... theres no way for non cashers to get those event mounts coz all the event gives is 40/120 of whatever stuff u need and saving them up wont help at all.

Am around 100 bucks into the game and already falling behind. If some of the gurus who have finally found out which are the aspects of the game worth spending into to get highest gains, I would greatly appreciate it. Or maybe its time I start reconsidering other things to spend my money into =/
                  Last edited by kosprov; 06-30-2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kosprov View Post
                    I completely agree this game being a cash cow. And people who are kidding themselves saying they can be really strong non cashers have really yet to experience life in the 55+ where everyone eventually gets lvl 10 guild skills and orange astrals. I started out as a non casher, but bit my bit realised this game became almost unplayable without cashing in. First wings and clothings. Sadly clothing here makes such a dramatic change in ur gameplay that u really do need a bare minimum of lvl 1 of each type to even think abt competition. This is probably one of the very few games I have seen where clothing does something much more than just for pure looks. Wings.. well i managed to get lvl 1 of them and them raising my br a straightout 1k when i was lvl 45 only says how effective they are. I cant talk abt what lvl 3 would give when I dont have them myself, but I can imagine i guess.

Right now am lvl 55, with a br of around 41k, I consider myself decent, but without getting the event mounts that cashers keep getting and making the difference larger every month, I might as well quit. In the 2 months I have played, the difference between my mount stats and theirs are already pretty dang huge, that I dont wanna think abt what would happen in 6 months. And the worst thing is... theres no way for non cashers to get those event mounts coz all the event gives is 40/120 of whatever stuff u need and saving them up wont help at all.

Am around 100 bucks into the game and already falling behind. If some of the gurus who have finally found out which are the aspects of the game worth spending into to get highest gains, I would greatly appreciate it. Or maybe its time I start reconsidering other things to spend my money into =/
                    Yeah, its pretty bad

Comment

Not all of them, Ive played plenty of browser games that make their profits off of pure cosmetic items.
                      You're right. This game is massive P2W.

But given that if I have to spent $100 on a game to be competitive (increase stats) OR on pure cosmetic items, I will choose to buy competitive stuff. Cosmetic items are just... useless. But it's just me.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        You're right. This game is massive P2W.

But given that if I have to spent $100 on a game to be competitive (increase stats) OR on pure cosmetic items, I will choose to buy competitive stuff. Cosmetic items are just... useless. But it's just me.
                        So why do you continue to play?

Comment

Funny theard.
                          Each good browser game is p2w,even fb projects xD what you want from game like wt. Orginal wt - divine comedy have thousends of servers, you think 7r develop this title for free? You think all devs work probono? Servers work on free platforms?
                          This is buisness,like evrything. One guy spend cash on Vodka,other on "girls". Famus browser games are for ppl who want spend cash on it...f2p? Not on this world

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                            Funny theard.
                            Each good browser game is p2w,even fb projects xD what you want from game like wt. Orginal wt - divine comedy have thousends of servers, you think 7r develop this title for free? You think all devs work probono? Servers work on free platforms?
                            This is buisness,like evrything. One guy spend cash on Vodka,other on "girls". Famus browser games are for ppl who want spend cash on it...f2p? Not on this world
                            Well, you certainly have great grammar... and you don't seem to understand that their are many browser games where cosmetic items are sold
                            for money, not pay to win items, and the server costs and such for this game are relatively cheap

Comment

Well, you certainly have great grammar... and you don't seem to understand that their are many browser games where cosmetic items are sold
                              for money, not pay to win items, and the server costs and such for this game are relatively cheap
                              Why not play those games then, instead of complaining about how p2w wartune is? It's funny you are talking about "many browser games where cosmetic items are sold" yet you point out wartune as p2w. If I saw many "free" games you play like these one you are talking about I will never care about how p2w wartune is then, and just play on these free games. Just a waste of time doing that, isn't it? Besides if only cosmetic items will be sold, the number of who will buy that is much, much lesser than the number of those who will buy a boosting items. Just a waste of money buying that, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X