Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

A Slight Change to Capturing Astrals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Slight Change to Capturing Astrals

While doing my daily duty of astral capturing I was blessed with a red sniper. Awesome sauce, right? It would be if I needed one. I recently spent my points on that exact astral. Now I have to use the second one for exp instead of having an additional red astral to use.

I would like to see a way for the game to detect what astrals you already have saved. This way you get fresh orange and red astrals you need. Thus eliminating having to synth high level astrals into exp.

That would be a nice idea but I see 1 major problem with that.

What happens when you have all red/orange astrals??

Does that mean that the game will no longer let you capture red/orange astrals to use in synth?

I have 5 Red astrals and 2 orange astrals equipped, along with a further red astral ready if I ever hit lv80. Does that mean I will be excluded from capturing 7 types of astrals, thus reducing my chances even further of getting them?

Comment

agreed...while it sucks to get astrals you already have, at least u won't have to worry about not being able to get them once u have all astrals.
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by GamerGirl6 View Post
        While doing my daily duty of astral capturing I was blessed with a red sniper. Awesome sauce, right? It would be if I needed one. I recently spent my points on that exact astral. Now I have to use the second one for exp instead of having an additional red astral to use.

I would like to see a way for the game to detect what astrals you already have saved. This way you get fresh orange and red astrals you need. Thus eliminating having to synth high level astrals into exp.
        This is a game of luck (randomness).
        You don't see it being integrated in all aspects of the game????

Example 1: You keep resetting the mystery shop and all you get is level 4 potions and whatnots. You wanted an archer rune pack, and yet what do you get? A mage rune pack shows up.

Example 2: Magic Pot. You wanted the Evil Alpaca. You spent lots of balens and end up with junk.

Example 3: Astral Capture. You want a sniper's edge but you ended up with will destroyer.

Example 4: Some people get lucky with enlightenment but you had to spend all 100 million daru to level up once.

...and so on.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
          That would be a nice idea but I see 1 major problem with that.

What happens when you have all red/orange astrals??

Does that mean that the game will no longer let you capture red/orange astrals to use in synth?

I have 5 Red astrals and 2 orange astrals equipped, along with a further red astral ready if I ever hit lv80. Does that mean I will be excluded from capturing 7 types of astrals, thus reducing my chances even further of getting them?
          Impossible to have all "red/orange" unless you're a Casher to unlock Astral Slots.

Anyways... it is already hard to get Red/ Oranges in the first place, having the system not giving you the exact same reds would be awesome.

What I would suggest is a way to "trade" REDs (we can leave out orange) for another RED.

Maybe like using 1 Red + 1 Orange to trade for 1 Red.

Or give the Red Astral more EXP when used as a Synth, maybe like half of what Energine gives.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
            Impossible to have all "red/orange" unless you're a Casher to unlock Astral Slots.
            Don't know what game you have been playing, but I already have max number of red astrals I can use along with the 2 orange one's that can't be upgraded to red.

Unlocking extra astral slots has nothing to do with the ability to have red/orange astrals anyway. Unless I am misunderstanding what your saying

I have used cash on this game, but only about $50 total. My wings/dual skill tree/2 mounts have all come from free balen offers. I have never spent any balens on astrals at all.

When the red astrals were first mentioned I started saving star points, and by the time the red astrals arrived I had enought to buy 4 reds instantly, and only 3-4k off getting my 5th and final one.

Any sort of trade for a different RED astral would be useless to me and a lot of other players who already have all their astrals sorted.

So how about just doing it the same way as everyone else, and working for them. Everyone wants instant rewards without having to work for them.

Comment

what about a trade in system for astrals?
              not 1 for 1 obviously, but say you get 1 holy sniper and 1 holy brilliance. you can trade those two for a holy force.

Comment

No astral trade please. I still want to tease people when I captured another one of those Holy Force that they wanted so badly.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Personally I find it useful to have 2 of each astral.

Say I wish to level up my Holy Snipers, I need 35k XP.. I could use my Holy Willpower lv 5 to do that, and then level up a new Holy Willpower... or perhaps take class wars, I don't need Holy Fortitude, so I can synth that into something more useful like Holy Enshieldment for Class Wars, and synth back afterwards.

I do this all the time for Legends of Balenor rewards too, synth my Refined Goddess Blessing and Will Destroyer or Determination into something with actual stats like Pristine Force or something, and then synth it back into whatever it was after the event is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                    Don't know what game you have been playing, but I already have max number of red astrals I can use along with the 2 orange one's that can't be upgraded to red.
                    You have 18 Astrals on you?

Red
                    Force
                    Mysticality
                    Fortitude
                    Willpower
                    Sniper's Edge
                    Enshieldment
                    Brilliance
                    Charm

Orange
                    Will Destroyer
                    Goddess Blessing
                    Aegis Major
                    Ruthlessness
                    Illusion
                    Determination
                    Deflection
                    Blessed Health
                    Regeneration
                    Guardian Angel

Clearly I been playing the game where you get at max 16 Astral Slots at level 80.

Comment

Dear, he said all the ones that he can use.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

A Exchange Option could work, maybe 2 red / orange = another one of your choice.
                        Originally posted by iTz_SoN
                        I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
                        I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

Red
                          Force
                          Mysticality
                          Fortitude
                          Willpower
                          Sniper's Edge
                          Enshieldment
                          Brilliance
                          Charm

Orange
                          Will Destroyer
                          Goddess Blessing
                          Aegis Major
                          Ruthlessness
                          Illusion
                          Determination
                          Deflection
                          Blessed Health
                          Regeneration
                          Guardian Angel

Clearly I been playing the game where you get at max 16 Astral Slots at level 80.
                          Now let me spell it out clearly and slowly for you.

You can have a total of 8 astrals equipped when you hit lv80 not 18.

I have my 8 astrals already sorted so I don't need to chop and change at all.
                          I really don't need a mysticallity as I am an archer, so what the hell are you on about LOL

So please stop being foolish and slink back into the corner quietly
                          Last edited by Billy_McF; 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Actually: the maximum amount of astrals is 18. Remove patk/matk and regen/blessed health (you can't use both same time). Remove Aegis Major (cuz you will use Goddess Blessing and if I dont remember wrong you can't use them at same time, or?, anyway you wont be using aegis major and please dont argue about this=.='', so 15 left)
                            Answer! A non-casher can have a full set of effective astrals
                            (For archer it's 14 since you wont ever be using EWD)
                            oh and it's at 80 ofc:P

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                              Actually: the maximum amount of astrals is 18. Remove patk/matk and regen/blessed health (you can't use both same time). Remove Aegis Major (cuz you will use Goddess Blessing and if I dont remember wrong you can't use them at same time, or?, anyway you wont be using aegis major and please dont argue about this=.='', so 15 left)
                              Answer! A non-casher can have a full set of effective astrals
                              (For archer it's 14 since you wont ever be using EWD)
                              oh and it's at 80 ofc:P
                              And your point is??

Nobody was arguing that the theoretical amount of astrals that exist is x amount.

My point was that I had all the red astrals I am ever going to need, along with the 2 orange astrals to complete my build.
                              So when capturing astrals, if the system is changed to only award Red astrals that you need, I would never ever get a RED astral, as I have all the one's I need.

So changing the system would not be beneficial to me, or to any other player who has already obtained all the astrals they are ever going to USE. Therefore the suggested change would be worse for X amount of players, while improving the odds for others.

Comment

Working...
                              X