Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Cross-Servers Group Arena (Make it like Spire attempt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-Servers Group Arena (Make it like Spire attempt)

Dear R2,

I hope you will take this into consideration as Group Arena (group arena) is getting harder to win and out of 30 times, it is always the same few group or individuals that is playing more than the 30 time attempts.

I understand that they are helping their guildmates or friends but it is proving to be difficult and quite unfair to other players who have attempts and need the insiginias.

If you think Spire concept of 1 attempt and others with no attempt cannot participate, it is kind of fair as higher level players cannot bring a lower level player to gain more experience. This is somehow the same concept here in Group Arena as lower level players are getting insane number of insignias in a short time because higher level or br players are helping them to win many rounds.

Imagine a level 30 player with 2 very strong br/lvl players who can win 25/30 attempts (let's assume is 25 wins), 25x15 = 375 insignias per GA. In 1 week, the player can get his full set of pvp 35 set.

Please consider this as it is depressing to do Group Arena when you know 90% of the time you will lose.

By the way i am a light casher and i am finding this tough. BR 58K Mage.

What happens if you can't find opponents because everyone has already finished their attempts?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by bingdog9 View Post
      Imagine a level 30 player with 2 very strong br/lvl players who can win 25/30 attempts (let's assume is 25 wins), 25x15 = 375 insignias per GA. In 1 week, the player can get his full set of pvp 35 set.

Please consider this as it is depressing to do Group Arena when you know 90% of the time you will lose.
      So... You're scared of a level 35 with his 35 gear??
      The PvP sets are absolute peanuts to obtain anyway. If it was this easy to get the 60 and 70 legend set: sure, complain away. But the 35 set?! Gosh. Sounds like you're butthurt.

How about instead of punishing others that are helpful, you start building on your own character. Maybe find a better Arena team, or get stronger. You say you have 58K Br, but at what level?

Comment

Yep, but from other side somone with 70k br have nothing to do and run arena 100x...what is unfair too Hehe
        But in my opinion - good is what we have now

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Then change the time you do arena at. There are 2 time slots of 2 hours each.
          [S1] Temple of Ibalize
          Frostie
          Mage
          VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            What happens if you can't find opponents because everyone has already finished their attempts?
            There are default players, probably lv 1 or something that you fight if their are no opponents, Last time we did Arena when no one else was on we got them, took about 2 minutes before it set us up with them, so instead of getting 30 wins like that, we were too lazy and just did later Arena when people could log into servers.

Comment

i think the lvl of the players will affect the enemies that would be dragged in for you..so as long as you brought the right team with right br and not much gap on the lvl (except if you can get lower lvl player with crazy br just go on) I think the arena would be fair and good...at least you'll get half of it winning or a bit less than that...I experienced that..you'll get a problem if you have inadequate br for your own lvl other than that the only problem is just to find 2 adequate players with approximately same lvl..and i'm quite satisfied wtith the current system as it would prove to be hard to find someone at same lvl and would be hard also to find even anyone when the arena time meet bg time or when it's about to end..helping hands are always useful in my opinion...

Comment

No. There are plenty of times I go and help ppl cuz they're having problems finding ppl. I would just appreciate it if they would open spire so you could help in there too , maybe once a day^^... right now it sucks to see players looking for spire ppl and knowing you dont have anything to do and cant help :/
                edit: GA is perfectly fine, it's been boosted so many times it's a wonder ppl still have problems with insignias with GB (fine 60 or 70 set's can be an exception, but it still aint that hard^^ You can make roughly 7k insignias in 1 week (3450 max from gbs, 1120 from bgs(max) and 3220 from GA(max)) At best you can even make 7790 insignias in 1 week!!! Let's remove around 2.5k~for a high rank medal, still 5k+ insignias gained! Fair enough this is a best case scenario and never happends xD. But maybe 5k-medal a week? that's not hard.

Seriously complaining about 35 set-_-????? That takes like 2-3 days to get insignias for.
                Last edited by krackenker; 07-02-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Get stronger. And if you lose 30 out of 30, you get 150 insignia, not 0.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

I would like to know how in cross server arena it is fair matching for lvl20's to go against lvl30's with 35 pvp gear and others who already have runes. We face this everyday in cross server. How are we supposed to win matches and get pvp points to gain warriors marks. Don't even tell me to get stronger or get higher br or be with others our lvl, all this is already done. It is the matching system that is broken and needs fixed, not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      Get stronger. And if you lose 30 out of 30, you get 150 insignia, not 0.
                      Could always see how they would go with the old system of getting what was it, 3 insig a win, and 0 a loss?
                      Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                        Could always see how they would go with the old system of getting what was it, 3 insig a win, and 0 a loss?
                        This would be worse as it would take forever for a new player to get insignias. In order to gear up their players, guilds would practically be forced to send in high levels with a low level. I am not saying that the insignias for winning and losing couldn't be lowered, simply not to such a point. I would not go any lower than 5:1 (win:loss), though personally I think that would be worse.

As for fairness, the truth is the way it is now is fair. Any alteration to make it easier on lower level players or limit participation in any way might make the Arena more fun for some, but it makes it less fair. Currently, everyone can participate or not, as they see fit. No one is treated differently. If you're going to change anything, it would be better to go with a tiered arena system (30-35, 36-40, etc.) but then you run the risk of not having enough participants.

Comment

The lvl 35 with 35 gear is just an example. Need some intelligent to see that it is an example. Bring it to a high lvl player who need insignias for his legendary stuff and such and you will know how hard it is (happened to my guildmates). Medals also need insignias and per week, you need to burn at least 2k insignias and how long to save up 12k insignias for 1 piece of legend?

Change of timing does not help because high lvl br cashy players are always there, the same old few. Unless the matching system is more efficient, it will always be a more than 20 loses per 30 attempts.

Someone did a calculation but did not take into consideration of a guild that dont win all 3 rounds of GB. 2450-1900 per week for GB is the average if 2 wins/1 lose or 2 loses/1win. This is aother person who need intelligent to see 35 set is just an example.

Get stronger, get more cash, build your br, quit the game, go to another server...etc I suggest that this kind of non-constructive comments to be kept to yourself. It is always easy to say or type and shirk responsibility.

The matching system is not good but it would help if attempts are fix and no attempts means no helping. Afraid that there is no one to fight? I remembered there was the NPC team which is default if no teams turn up in like less than 40 seconds (not 2mins as someone stated).

Out of all the comments, only 1 is feeling the unfairness (due to matching of teams). System is not smart to match if it detect 1 high br and 2 low br. It will have chances of matching it to the higher br or the lower br (dont know what is the % of it). If talking about levels, we have lvl 64 with 55k br in the server. Average lvl 64 are not 55k br. So if this lvl 64 helps his friends, it will be kinda unfair to others who are not heavily invested.

I understand this game is pay-to-win but we need to make it that the average or middle-class players are not neglected. I am glad to say that i have enough insiginias to get me my legend 60 set but for others, they are struggling because they did not save up before server mergers when alot cash players are put together, the ones who pays but not as much will suffer.

In the good old days, 30 wins is possible and now it is just losses after losses which is depressing. Playing at timing near end of arena does not help because higher cash players are "helping" and for players who really need insignias are stuck with fustration of getting it. The matching system need to be more to BR than to level matching. If the system cannot be smart, just adjust the attempts to be like Spire.

Side note to why Spire is hard to find party. Everyone want to win more in Spire. If a low br person is put into the team of 3 high br players, would you go ahead? If a low br person want to do Spire, he will look for higher br players to form a team because this low br person gets experience more thatn adequate for his level and in a way it is power-levelling. Spire is a good call and i hope it extends to arena.

Another side note, not enough players for ga or spire? Server mergers. This is how to keep the population alive.

Comment

The lvl 35 with 35 gear is just an example. Need some intelligent to see that it is an example. Bring it to a high lvl player who need insignias for his legendary stuff and such and you will know how hard it is (happened to my guildmates). Medals also need insignias and per week, you need to burn at least 2k insignias and how long to save up 12k insignias for 1 piece of legend?
                            *intelligence...

Comment

All I can say is that do not just rely in Arena you can gain Insignia through Battleground and Guild Battle and not only Insignia it include Honor for the Title, be active and adjust time if you need too.

Comment

Working...
                              X