Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Problems with Tank Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Tank Wars

I looked and didn't see discussion on this. If there is please lead me to it because the search feature didn't find it.

I have two huge problems with tank wars. First and foremost who designs a game where the person who gets the last hit gets all/most of the points. All this leads to is idiots running around the battleground waiting until someone is almost dead and trying to time the last hit. Secondly and just as stupidly why are you allowed to commit suicide to void points rather than them going to last person who hit you. These two things make me hate tank wars with a passion. I only do them because of the runes. STOP THE CHEATERS...you created a game that rewards cheating.

Many games have a last hit gets the kill policy. It's absolutely fair. Compared to the alternative of whoever deals the most damage gets the kill.
    Imagine you're in the little tank, 1v1 and you've probably dealt about 40% damage. Some guy rolls up in his big tank with his lasers and finishes him off. How are you gonna get any points at all?
    I have not seen people running around waiting for last kill. I've seen many run around when health was low, or power ups dropped. But never just for the hell of it.

Being able to suicide opens the tanks up to more strategy than just who can kill who faster. In a long drawn out battle where points matter, it's practically kill for kill. So being able to suicide can help put your team in the lead.

Tanks is perfectly acceptable as it is.

Comment

Actually, in most games it's "first hit first get" deal, LOL

There aren't much games with "Last Hit gets kill" in mmos... I think there's only like 3 or 4 games with that type of system.

Because "first hit first get" is to prevent KS (kill stealing)

commit suicide to void points
      This is funny, because I actually do this... kill myself by going into Boss's circle when I am at like less than 500 HP. LOL

Maybe they should make it where if you "suicide" the other team gets a certain amount of points (doesn't have to be full kill count points)

And just place the points into Team Points and not Individual Points.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        Many games have a last hit gets the kill policy. It's absolutely fair. Compared to the alternative of whoever deals the most damage gets the kill.
        Imagine you're in the little tank, 1v1 and you've probably dealt about 40% damage. Some guy rolls up in his big tank with his lasers and finishes him off. How are you gonna get any points at all?
        I have not seen people running around waiting for last kill. I've seen many run around when health was low, or power ups dropped. But never just for the hell of it.

Being able to suicide opens the tanks up to more strategy than just who can kill who faster. In a long drawn out battle where points matter, it's practically kill for kill. So being able to suicide can help put your team in the lead.

Tanks is perfectly acceptable as it is.
        yeah elusion is a smart guy, listen to him,
        wartune tank is perfectly designed n good.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

If anything, i wanna know how the hell people can hit you from outside of the tank ground, it astonishes me, if i could screen shot it i would, but there is no way of doing so when it happens so fast XD
          Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
            If anything, i wanna know how the hell people can hit you from outside of the tank ground, it astonishes me, if i could screen shot it i would, but there is no way of doing so when it happens so fast XD
            Lol you mean when you're in the top corner and some shot comes from the corner off the screen? I've had that happen too, it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              Lol you mean when you're in the top corner and some shot comes from the corner off the screen? I've had that happen too, it's weird.
              Tank revives are somewhat glitchy. Notice sometimes when a tank revives, it stays the same look as if it were still destroyed? If the player fires a weapon when this happens, the shot will come from the top left corner of the screen.

Comment

[QUOTE=ElusionM;586684

Tanks is perfectly acceptable as it is.[/QUOTE]

I know we are talking about a game and not real life but when is suiciding a viable game plan? It didn't work for the Japanese and it shouldn't work here. Your tank blew up....your enemy is alive. It's a dumb game play feature.

Comment

Ok I have a problem with tanks. This is not the first time this has happened either. I happened to get to the tank wars a couple of minutes late. As a result, my team had already gone in and I had to quick start. I used quick start to enter a game and started moving around for about 8 seconds when all of a sudden the game ended. Now when I try to go back in, of course, I can't get any runes. The runes are the only reason I play the stupid game. ever since they took away our runes, this is the only way for non-cashers to get them. I mean you get one tiny one from devotion rewards but that's it. so now I have to wait 24 hours because I was in the game for 8 seconds. our team lost btw, so i got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHuman98 View Post
                    Ok I have a problem with tanks. This is not the first time this has happened either. I happened to get to the tank wars a couple of minutes late. As a result, my team had already gone in and I had to quick start. I used quick start to enter a game and started moving around for about 8 seconds when all of a sudden the game ended. Now when I try to go back in, of course, I can't get any runes. The runes are the only reason I play the stupid game. ever since they took away our runes, this is the only way for non-cashers to get them. I mean you get one tiny one from devotion rewards but that's it. so now I have to wait 24 hours because I was in the game for 8 seconds. our team lost btw, so i got nothing.
                    Now how to do expect to get anything just playing there for 8 seconds doing nothing? ~_~
                    Being brave doesn't mean never being afraid, you know.
                    It means going for it anyway
                    because it's the right thing to do...

Game: Eternal Saga

IGN: Auria

Class: Mage

Server: Hallowed City

Guild: WarGods

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHuman98 View Post
                      Well, my's a different type of problem, but similar.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....xed-(Tank-War)

If the other team leaves within a short period of Tank War just started, your Team will win, however will not receive any Small Runestone.

That's why I said it needs to be fixed, because there are Players and TEAMS exploiting this system so they can find an easy to beat map/players.

Comment

Working...
                      X