This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming July events?

So there was a post earlier today with a comprehensive list of July events, "Rays of Sunshine," I believe it was called. I had copied the url to come back to it later but now I can't find the post. I know I'm not going crazy because it still shows up on a Google search, lol.

What's the deal? I'm assuming it was deleted. Was it a fraud...

Here's the url: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....398#post588398

No it wasn't a fraud. It was deleted because R2 doesn't like people knowing their events ahead of time so they can get you to spend (more) balen when it comes around.
    [S52] Jynx

Comment

Yes, they don't like people to "plan ahead"

They want people to Spend first than Think.

They don't want you to Think and figure out what a bad choice you made.
      They want you to Spend first than feel bad afterwards when you realize you did not even need to spend.

Comment

You're both wrong. R2 doesn't like to post information too early because the players who prepared ahead of time tend to get upset when things change at the last minute. When the information has been verified, it will be posted as an official announcement in the News & Events section.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

So this is where I don't understand.

I do hope that R²Games does consider it from a player's perspective. Players are human beings who need to work to earn money. With that money, they can spend on their hobbies (read: Wartune). So they need to plan. Having some kind of indication of events would be useful.

Springing a surprise on "It pays to consume" begins now! isn't exactly good for players.

I'd like to think in posting events ahead of time, R²Games will be able to get more players involved in it.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            You're both wrong. R2 doesn't like to post information too early because the players who prepared ahead of time tend to get upset when things change at the last minute. When the information has been verified, it will be posted as an official announcement in the News & Events section.
            Somehow I doubt they finalize the events two or three days before implementing them.
            [S52] Jynx

Comment

Well then r2 won't mind if I post that the July events for another version for wartune can be found via google search . Taking note that the events may change of course

Comment

RRRrrrrriiiiiiiiiiighhhht. Lol. I'm sure it will be "verified" as soon as the July 3-5 consume event is finished. (Wouldn't want to have people not spend for that when they see the upcoming events you can also spend on).

Comment

So how come R2 don't post any information until the events have STARTED usually??

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                    So how come R2 don't post any information until the events have STARTED usually??
                    According to Kagelol (forum mod), this is to provide an element of surprise.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

The surprising part is to stress ppl or what? omfg its a time limit: must get now! or: dammit I already spent and now I cant buy that. Instead of if its announced before: ok I can get that then, good then I can save for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        According to Kagelol (forum mod), this is to provide an element of surprise.
                        To your wallet, for sure.
                        Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                        I do not exist.
                        For real.

Comment

Speaking for myself;

They'd get more money out of me if I know what's coming up.
                          I know what sales are coming, I know I need to put some extra money aside and prepare for it. Otherwise I may go out and buy something else and not put money aside.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            Speaking for myself;

They'd get more money out of me if I know what's coming up.
                            I know what sales are coming, I know I need to put some extra money aside and prepare for it. Otherwise I may go out and buy something else and not put money aside.
                            Yup, this goes for me too.

Food or Balens... Difficult choice... Balens it is...
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

R2 doesn't like to post information too early because the players who prepared ahead of time tend to get upset when things change at the last minute. When the information has been verified, it will be posted as an official announcement in the News & Events section.
                              This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X