Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Rune system ruined Mages Top weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rune system ruined Mages Top weapon

Unless you have maxed out on clothes or have great clothes that start with 85+ rage and level 60 gear with it's needed 1200 loids you have little chance to use the precious Delphic Hell thunder weapon. Yeh, there is a talent that gives a slight chance to reduce rage to throw it, but it takes up 2 skill slots. I am thinking of redoing my skill tree and getting rid of it until I can at least start with enough rage to use it in pvp. I mean, what is the use of such a weapon?

Archers start with too much rage since their weapons reload so fast. They were not meant to start out with 70 rage. It looks like the main developer has some crush on archers and gives them all the advantages while taking away what little boost mages and knights had. We need a fix about how much top weapon costs in rage!

Do you see many Archers use Delphic Death Star? No. Do you know only half of the Knights population use Enhanced Delphic Destroyer? Those are the ones with a pure damage build on a seperate skill tree. Why? Because most of the time, they don't use those skills. Same goes for Mages.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

1. There is nothing in your post about runes. Which is completely odd considering your topic title.

2. Delphic Hell Thunder is a useless skill, I don't know any mages that use it.

Comment

DHT costs 100 rage.

So if you start out with a PVE set and level 3 clothes. It's 5 LB's to save up for it.

If you have a set of rings that's another increased chance of reduced cost.

Two mage talents are directly useful for DHT - one of them is even geared toward making it better.

It's an extremely powerful skill. It's high cost reflects that.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
          1. There is nothing in your post about runes. Which is completely odd considering your topic title.

2. Delphic Hell Thunder is a useless skill, I don't know any mages that use it.
          It's beautiful to behold... animation is awesome! ^_^

and if you get lucky - with a PVE set & appropriate talents - you earn rage casting it...
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I'd rather use RoF + Meteor, less rage, and almost the same damage

Comment

That is my point. The issue is that the runes allowed mages to use that weapon. I'd save up my rage runes for that skill. The point is, we have this skill, and can't really use it. It takes up a skill spot. Now, I am not sure, but how hard is it for an archer to use a weapon that does this kind of damage? They cast faster, build rage faster, and our leveling tool is gone. My issue is either make it easier to build that rage, lower the rage cost, and adjust casting times for knights, mages and archers. Archers DPS is too high now that the rage issues exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
                That is my point. The issue is that the runes allowed mages to use that weapon. I'd save up my rage runes for that skill. The point is, we have this skill, and can't really use it. It takes up a skill spot. Now, I am not sure, but how hard is it for an archer to use a weapon that does this kind of damage? They cast faster, build rage faster, and our leveling tool is gone. My issue is either make it easier to build that rage, lower the rage cost, and adjust casting times for knights, mages and archers. Archers DPS is too high now that the rage issues exist.
                You are Noob mage if you need dth in fight...the best mage setup in 60+v is rof mete resto and bl and ofc bolt...Noone can deal 100 rage skill without problem
                And like others say, where new runes system is here as a problem?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

DHT is useful. Tricky to use and hard to justify being on bar in place of other skills but it can be an "I win" button. Castinator, Ring, and focus (talent) procs for rage reduction justify using it. Awakening talent only reduces the rage cost for Delphic Thunder Frenzy (1st delphic) if it procs when you use rain of fire and doesn't apply to DHT.

Callousness talent (the only one that directly modifies DHT) reduces DHT cooldown time and causes it to have a CHANCE to throw damage absorbing bubbles on the mage and his team (procs independantly for each hit and randomly applies bubbles to you/your team; very unreliable).

Personally, I DO use DHT for guild battles and when I'm in damage spec for group arena. Starting rage for me is 49 (39 from clothes, 10 from medallion). Yes, it's tricky to use and difficult to save up for, but consistant damage + stun chance + possible bubbles for my team. Hard to justify its usage in PvE, though.

Keep in mind, when you're in PvE gear, you gain 10 rage when you use a rune, so rune system is still effective for building up to DHT, you just can't spam runes back-to-back anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                    DHT is useful. Tricky to use and hard to justify being on bar in place of other skills but it can be an "I win" button. Castinator, Ring, and focus (talent) procs for rage reduction justify using it. Awakening talent only reduces the rage cost for Delphic Thunder Frenzy (1st delphic) if it procs when you use rain of fire and doesn't apply to DHT.

Callousness talent (the only one that directly modifies DHT) reduces DHT cooldown time and causes it to have a CHANCE to throw damage absorbing bubbles on the mage and his team (procs independantly for each hit and randomly applies bubbles to you/your team; very unreliable).

Personally, I DO use DHT for guild battles and when I'm in damage spec for group arena. Starting rage for me is 49 (39 from clothes, 10 from medallion). Yes, it's tricky to use and difficult to save up for, but consistant damage + stun chance + possible bubbles for my team. Hard to justify its usage in PvE, though.

Keep in mind, when you're in PvE gear, you gain 10 rage when you use a rune, so rune system is still effective for building up to DHT, you just can't spam runes back-to-back anymore.
                    Gz LD rank
                    Next thing,dth is nice skill if you start with 100 rage - bg or gb.
                    But in bg if you go with dth spec...you are lower healer what is most after aoe,mage adventage
                    In gb if you have heal tree mage in grup - this is not a problem.
                    Dth like dds is very powerfull skill but you use it ... Not many times. Thats why if you must choice dth or other skills=other skills

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                      Gz LD rank
                      Next thing,dth is nice skill if you start with 100 rage - bg or gb.
                      But in bg if you go with dth spec...you are lower healer what is most after aoe,mage adventage
                      In gb if you have heal tree mage in grup - this is not a problem.
                      Dth like dds is very powerfull skill but you use it ... Not many times. Thats why if you must choice dth or other skills=other skills
                      Why do you think one of the top mages in this game needs your advice?

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                        Why you have problem with my point of this theard? Idk with who i talking - not from my timezone have something more to say? Or you just want call me dumbass I dont talk with you, dont need spam cya and have nice dreams

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Well, Ana, Ana,
                          Sinwill didn;t really need to heal much considering his build can stand it.
                          So it;s fine for him to use dth.
                          Ask why?
                          He's one of top mage on US-East, Sorceror.
                          So, well... he will be fine with using dth as much as he want and still had time to build rage when he need heal.
                          S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                          IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                            Well, Ana, Ana,
                            Sinwill didn;t really need to heal much considering his build can stand it.
                            So it;s fine for him to use dth.
                            Ask why?
                            He's one of top mage on US-East, Sorceror.
                            So, well... he will be fine with using dth as much as he want and still had time to build rage when he need heal
                            I like how Anata's very NON-confrontational statement of opinion which followed a COMPLIMENT towards SinWill got him flamed. Don't get me wrong I respect SinWill's ability to build and play a mage (of course I hate him/her with the fury of a thousand burning suns for screwing up my WAGER lol) but that doesn't mean the name is world renowned or even known outside East Coast servers and certain portions of this board. Also The DHT thing is a matter of personal preference. I don't specc into it and don't really intend to until I have nothing else to put points in. I prefer RoF, MD, Bolt, Thunderer, Resto for full DPS spec and RoF, MD, Bolt, Resto, BL for Heal heavy PvP. I would debate the value of DHT with anyone regardless of who they are. You people need to chill on the hero worship. Oh yeah and notice how SinWill didn't say anything? Probably because he/she recognized the post for what it was.

That is all
                            Patryn
                            Twisted
                            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                              Oh yeah and notice how SinWill didn't say anything? Probably because he/she recognized the post for what it was.

That is all
                              Probably because winlord is an infamous hater and flamer.
                              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X