X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified_Serenity
    started a topic Rune system ruined Mages Top weapon

Rune system ruined Mages Top weapon

Unless you have maxed out on clothes or have great clothes that start with 85+ rage and level 60 gear with it's needed 1200 loids you have little chance to use the precious Delphic Hell thunder weapon. Yeh, there is a talent that gives a slight chance to reduce rage to throw it, but it takes up 2 skill slots. I am thinking of redoing my skill tree and getting rid of it until I can at least start with enough rage to use it in pvp. I mean, what is the use of such a weapon?

Archers start with too much rage since their weapons reload so fast. They were not meant to start out with 70 rage. It looks like the main developer has some crush on archers and gives them all the advantages while taking away what little boost mages and knights had. We need a fix about how much top weapon costs in rage!

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by Daftone View Post
    No archers are supposed to be stronger then mages but they aren't because mages using aoe 3 times wipes out archers troops and its game over. If the archer can manage to down the mages troops in time and start to win the mage heals himself then finishes off the archer. Equal br mage vs archer the mage will always win.

Mages are stronger than idiots
    This is why Mages beat Archers, because those Archers are idiots.
    Equal BR Mage vs Archer, the Mage will always beat Archer if Archer uses Lunatic Fire
    Mage vs Archer, The Archer will almost always beat Mage if the Archer uses Armor Piercer

Leave a comment:

• Daftone
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    The opposite is true. Archers are stronger than mages, Knights are stronger than mages. Mages are stronger than idiots
    No archers are supposed to be stronger then mages but they aren't because mages using aoe 3 times wipes out archers troops and its game over. If the archer can manage to down the mages troops in time and start to win the mage heals himself then finishes off the archer. Equal br mage vs archer the mage will always win.

Leave a comment:

• 0xykotton
    replied
    Originally posted by winlord View Post
    Hater? Flamer? You're simply mad because I corrected your illogical statements a couple of times.
    Dude still waiting for you to bring me down? Been months already where you at? I even pm you ignore. Yet you keep trying to fail troll my posts by saying "cry again." So stop being scared and actually reply to my posts.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    ... Mages really is the strongest class in existence if it beats idiots

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by Landswalker View Post
    Wahahhahahahah. No archers are the weakest class and mages are the strongest. Everyone knows this. You whining that archers the weakest class are too powerful while mages the strongest class need a boost is hilarious.
    The opposite is true. Archers are stronger than mages, Knights are stronger than mages. Mages are stronger than idiots

Leave a comment:

• Landswalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
    Unless you have maxed out on clothes or have great clothes that start with 85+ rage and level 60 gear with it's needed 1200 loids you have little chance to use the precious Delphic Hell thunder weapon. Yeh, there is a talent that gives a slight chance to reduce rage to throw it, but it takes up 2 skill slots. I am thinking of redoing my skill tree and getting rid of it until I can at least start with enough rage to use it in pvp. I mean, what is the use of such a weapon?

Archers start with too much rage since their weapons reload so fast. They were not meant to start out with 70 rage. It looks like the main developer has some crush on archers and gives them all the advantages while taking away what little boost mages and knights had. We need a fix about how much top weapon costs in rage!

Wahahhahahahah. No archers are the weakest class and mages are the strongest. Everyone knows this. You whining that archers the weakest class are too powerful while mages the strongest class need a boost is hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    Not gunna' get myself involved with controversy/drama; figured the guy just didn't know of me, but appreciated his feedback.

I just wanted to point out that there are both boons and banes to using DHT - everything demands sacrifices, we can't have it all-. Personally, I can rarely justify having it on my bar unless there is another mage in my group (in GA) to take the primary healing role and it requires significant AoE damage potential from all members in that group. Basically, it acts as if it's an "undo" of Blessed Light (i.e. drop enemy group that just got healed with blessed light back to where they kinda' were) with the off-chance bonus function of a stun (which can be huge). If I proc a rage reduction proc (castinator, ring, focus talent) there's a good chance I can fire DHT before an enemy mage would bless, in which case it can be incredibly useful - sometimes stunning a mage that has Blessed Light queued up, sometimes killing some or all enemies outright -.

Thing is do the boons outweigh the banes? Well, I find it to be my bread-and-butter in Guild Battle. Once again, tricky to use (particularly with intercept-a-saurus knights abound), but one can rack up mad points off kills with DHT and not just have to nuke the ward tower. Callousness talent reduces cooldown to 50s, so on some occasions I've used DHT 2 - 3 times in a single fight.

Just offering some constructive criticism and sharing what I've found works for me, but always appreciate feedback/opinions of others and take their advice into consideration. Like someone pointed out before, just because one might have a rep or be well-known, doesn't make them god, and I am always evolving my own tactics/strategies, so all opinions are welcomed.
    Last edited by SinnedWill; 07-05-2013, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• laba-laba
    replied
    For the OP
    1) The talent that reduce rage is for DTF (Thunder Frenzy, 80 rage), not DHT (Hell Thunder, 100 rage).
    2) I would use it for GB, can't find its use anywhere else. Callousness (DHT talent) sounds good to use for MP or necro, but not sure I want to spend SP on it.

Leave a comment:

• dwmedia
    replied
    am archer and i never use Delpich Death Star even if i have max out the points one it i chooes us the normal DS is cheaper in rage and works very good, and i like Luntic Fire more that Delpich Death Star.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Whatever your intent was, it did sound like flaming^^ Strength does not equal knowledge tho.... Sure being strong and high lvl you probably experienced a lot and have knowledge.. but it does not mean you're god .... So just flaming some1 that have no idea who X person is just because X is strong is kinda stupid.. specially not if you are not X yourself...
    (totally not directed to anyone)

Leave a comment:

• Ruise
    replied
    Im not flaming Sinwill (pout)
    Im just saying the reason why Winlord told Ana that Sinwill a top class mage. Buu T_T

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    MORE GIMME MORE! my daily quanta of forum fun was almost reached in half a page

I wouldn't consider using DHT in any situation, save for perhaps GB where you can save enough rage and use inspiration to refill rage. In GA, depends on your team,.... With LD and high clothes + another mage that can use BL, then I would maybe take it, but otherwise it's a waste of a skill slot (not to mention you need very high lvl to be able to spend points on it without lacking in other aspects).
    @ OP your complaints have nothing whatsoever to do with the new rune system, next time you post a thread... please keep the post to the topic.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by winlord View Post
    Hater? Flamer? You're simply mad because I corrected your illogical statements a couple of times.
    Was I?
    You must have thought too highly of yourself. I don't get mad over forum posts.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    Probably because winlord is an infamous hater and flamer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X