Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mage Talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Talent

I just got my 50 set recently and I was wondering...is Focus useless now? And also would there be any point in putting more points into Barrier?

Should mages really only need:

Seal max level
    Survival as high as your seal lets you go
    Barrier lvl 1 because the 1% dmg reduction at every extra level doesnt help much at all

Barrier Lv 1, Rest into Holy Seal

You heal more without Survival than you do with it. At least until maybe lv 4+

Comment

Originally posted by xehoo View Post
      I just got my 50 set recently and I was wondering...is Focus useless now? And also would there be any point in putting more points into Barrier?

Should mages really only need:

Seal max level
      Survival as high as your seal lets you go
      Barrier lvl 1 because the 1% dmg reduction at every extra level doesnt help much at all
      There is no simple answer to this. With the introduction of Class Wars Talents will quickly become more important that HS at least for that event. I currently have level 29 HS with 3 ranks in Survival, 3 ranks in Redemption and 1 rank in Barrier. I do agree that anything beyond 1 rank in Barrier is a bit of a waste. I like the extra healing of Survival but at a point it becomes too much of a strain to your PvE healing having that much added to your Resto CD so I will probably NOT go much past 4 ranks. Redemption is an awesome Talent for PvE especially when you reach the 70 MPs where Blessed Light is about the only thing that can keep parties alive. Focus is not useless but with Castinator and the bonus from Crypt rings we have plenty of opportunity for reducing rage cost.

Please keep in mind that if you are not VIP 9 HS becomes the priority for Non-Class Wars PvP but with the 0 honor loss from VIP 9 it's not as important. Ultimately with Talents you need to take a good long look at how your character is built and what best suits your style of play. Many people forget that there is still a PvE aspect to this game because they are so focused on PvP.
      Patryn
      Twisted
      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
        There is no simple answer to this. With the introduction of Class Wars Talents will quickly become more important that HS at least for that event. I currently have level 29 HS with 3 ranks in Survival, 3 ranks in Redemption and 1 rank in Barrier. I do agree that anything beyond 1 rank in Barrier is a bit of a waste. I like the extra healing of Survival but at a point it becomes too much of a strain to your PvE healing having that much added to your Resto CD so I will probably NOT go much past 4 ranks. Redemption is an awesome Talent for PvE especially when you reach the 70 MPs where Blessed Light is about the only thing that can keep parties alive. Focus is not useless but with Castinator and the bonus from Crypt rings we have plenty of opportunity for reducing rage cost.

Please keep in mind that if you are not VIP 9 HS becomes the priority for Non-Class Wars PvP but with the 0 honor loss from VIP 9 it's not as important. Ultimately with Talents you need to take a good long look at how your character is built and what best suits your style of play. Many people forget that there is still a PvE aspect to this game because they are so focused on PvP.
        People should be able to handle PVE aspect, but until Lord Divine, I wouldn't bother with other talents. Just reset for class wars, and reset back. Once I have Lord Divine, I won't care though =)

Comment

For me I have Survival Lvl. 1, Barrier Lvl. 1, and the rest to HS. I am tired of being stun :|
          ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
          -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
          ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
          (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            People should be able to handle PVE aspect, but until Lord Divine, I wouldn't bother with other talents. Just reset for class wars, and reset back. Once I have Lord Divine, I won't care though =)
            While I agree that people SHOULD be able to handle the PvE aspect SHOULD and CAN are two completely different things. S130 has only a handful of groups that can reliably run Demon Temple and only 2 groups that have shown they can finish out the 70 MPs. Why you ask? Because 95% of the server ONLY cares about PvP. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of level 65+ folks on the server still running around in 55 PvP gear because they can't hold at level 59 and wrack up HS levels any more and they never bothered to get 50 PvE gear because....well...it's PvE gear. They are scrambling about desperately for people to help carry them through the 1st boss of DT NM so they can do key runs. Yes I know that this is more a factor of poor planning and character progression mapping but it still shows that the PvP centric mentality is going to become a HUGE handicap as this game continues to evolve. The whole "I need to make Lord Divine ASAP" thing baffles me. I am currently Imperial Commander and happy with that until through GBs and the occasional BG when I'm bored I gain the last 29k honor I need for Lord Divine. Hell right now I'm not even wearing a medallion because I'm saving up for legendary shards.

Of Course like I said in my original post it's not a simple "do it this way" or "do it that way". I'm constantly trying out different things with my character. May even check out Momentum because the concept of a shorter CD on MD and a chance to regain HP in the process kind of intrigues me.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I have to buy medallion =( Rather spend the 2.6k on Imp Commander medal, and earn more wins in Arena, than get 90% losses.

and people should really learn, PVE gear is better than PVP gear in PVP situations lol. But yup, same thing happened on our server.

Comment

Survival only on lvl 1; considering most of the time I always become solo mage...
                Redemption as high as I can
                Momentum still considering to keep lvling it or not (already on lvl 3); Well, shorter cd on meteor are helpfull, but not when it's on class war. Hard to keep rage for heal if using this skill with RoF
                Barrier lvl 1. Just lazy.

for focus... well... already had pve set so for me its... no use?

In th end it's depend on your play style ._.
                S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                IGN - Vein

Comment

Working...
                X