Cross-server Multiplayer Dungeons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-server Multiplayer Dungeons

With the addition of new events (e.g. Tank trials) time for MP dungeons gets more and more limited. Add to that, the dwindling server populations, different time zones (like europe server) and restricted free time due to RL, it becomes more and more of a chore to set up a party for high level dungeons. To the point that some players can't even spend their daily MP attempts.

I would like r2games to consider implementing a cross server system for multiplayer dungeons. IMO, this would be a really help a lot of players.

Originally posted by Mymymy123 View Post
    With the addition of new events (e.g. Tank trials) time for MP dungeons gets more and more limited. Add to that, the dwindling server populations, different time zones (like europe server) and restricted free time due to RL, it becomes more and more of a chore to set up a party for high level dungeons. To the point that some players can't even spend their daily MP attempts.

I would like r2games to consider implementing a cross server system for multiplayer dungeons. IMO, this would be a really help a lot of players.
    Why? when they will be taking two MP runs away from us and x3 the rewards. So no point in this one, sorry.
    Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

I'm sorry, but did you read my post? I was explaining that I'm practically playing by myself in my server. Seriously? NO POINT? I cant afford to sit 8 hours just to for one MP. And I'm sorry dumbass paytards like you exist.

Comment

I'm sorry, but did you read my post? I was explaining that I'm practically playing by myself in my server. Seriously? NO POINT? I cant afford to sit 8 hours just to for one MP. And I'm sorry dumbass paytards like you exist.
        Who is dumbass here? This is not our problem you cant find team for mpd or good guild dont want you...cross server mpd? How you want do this? Auto join or what? Ehh

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

The reason why cross server Arena can be done, is because the data from each character is loaded when you enter the room, on a single server.

Now, if multiple servers were involved, you'd be having a much slower load time due to your machine has to load data from all of the servers involved.

The chat interface would be a big mess as well, since Party Chat only involve one server on one party before, with this, would have to send the message to multiple servers at once. Imagine how much of a mess that'll be when we have 260+ servers, and the amount of rooms... Current Chat works during Arena matches because both teams are in a single zone, their battle room, so not much data need to be sent.

World Prosperity Buff will also be a problem, when calculating the exp after each fight in the dungeon. Since the buff will be different for everyone in the room, calculations have to include data from multiple servers, yet again.

There are also problems when people in the same party can't communicate without knowing the others before hand, etc.

I can go on this with more, but would stop at this point, since you'd understand how much heavier the load on every server would be if this happens.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
            The reason why cross server Arena can be done, is because the data from each character is loaded when you enter the room, on a single server.

Now, if multiple servers were involved, you'd be having a much slower load time due to your machine has to load data from all of the servers involved.

The chat interface would be a big mess as well, since Party Chat only involve one server on one party before, with this, would have to send the message to multiple servers at once. Imagine how much of a mess that'll be when we have 260+ servers, and the amount of rooms... Current Chat works during Arena matches because both teams are in a single zone, their battle room, so not much data need to be sent.

World Prosperity Buff will also be a problem, when calculating the exp after each fight in the dungeon. Since the buff will be different for everyone in the room, calculations have to include data from multiple servers, yet again.

There are also problems when people in the same party can't communicate without knowing the others before hand, etc.

I can go on this with more, but would stop at this point, since you'd understand how much heavier the load on every server would be if this happens.
            Thank you for a decent answer. Much props to you.

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
            Who is dumbass here? This is not our problem you cant find team for mpd or good guild dont want you...cross server mpd? How you want do this? Auto join or what? Ehh
            Again read the reasons, my guild consists if capable people but unfortunately we can't find the the right time because we're from different timezones. Auto join? Where did I suggest an auto join function? Who is the dumbass now? I was merely implying to display available rooms from different servers onto the hall of heroes, but as explained by deathriver, its impossible. Not everyone here can dish out the cash or time to find a party. This problem gets worse as server population dwindles. I surely do hope you'll encounter the same problems and frustrations.

Comment

not the server's prob if your server is dying.. different timezones? not also their prob.. its you/player's who has the prob.

just hope and pray that your server will be merge on active ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post

Not that hard actually, it would just turn into some other game's multiplayer function, however it does cause "lag" (slow loading) as mentioned.

Chat is not a big deal, it's the same function as in Cross-Server BG.

World Prosperity Buff is already different for everyone... such as I have 22%, while a higher level have 19%.
                (well, that's what I see last time when ppls were talking about what % they got)

Parties communicate? I thought we all just rush at things, LOL

Overall, it's not impossible, but it would definitely cause some issues, majorly the loading time.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                  Chat is not a big deal, it's the same function as in Cross-Server BG.
                  Cross server BG has a cooldown for joining yes? It is to avoid having the data transfer to overload.

World Prosperity Buff is already different for everyone... such as I have 22%, while a higher level have 19%.
                  (well, that's what I see last time when ppls were talking about what % they got)
                  It is different for everyone already, I know. However, the calculation is done in one server. BG doesn't involve experience since most of us don't return quests during BG, yes? What I was worried about is the calculation of exp for everyone.

Parties communicate? I thought we all just rush at things, LOL
                  If someone get left behind due to lag and such, they'll whine. Now on a cross server scale, it would be even more frequent.

Overall, it's not impossible, but it would definitely cause some issues, majorly the loading time.
                  Yes, as you said, it isn't impossible, but won't be for anyone who has even the slightest lag already playing on one server. If it isn't made for many people to enjoy (don't think about the P2W aspect now), why implement it at all?

{OuO**

Comment

Very nice said Mymmymy. +1

Comment

Well in the Divine Comedy (Chinese version), they only put it to one attempt with x3 the rewards for saving time.
                      Being brave doesn't mean never being afraid, you know.
                      It means going for it anyway
                      because it's the right thing to do...

Game: Eternal Saga

IGN: Auria

Class: Mage

Server: Hallowed City

Guild: WarGods

Comment

one attempt with x3 rewards would be much more appreciated than 3x the runs and so much wasted time.

I agree with cross-server dungeons... it isn't like it is always hard finding groups... but at higher level (65+) it is hard finding successful groups.

Comment

I'd rather have the option to do single runs. with x1 rewards... That way I don't get screwed over by the ridiculous XP gains...
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                            I'd rather have the option to do single runs. with x1 rewards... That way I don't get screwed over by the ridiculous XP gains...
                            Screw the haxxor!!

{OuO**

Comment

Start over on a new server, guild merge, have multiple toons on multiple servers, stop playing.... lots of options

Comment

Working...
                              X