Unbalanced Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbalanced Game

As time goes on this game is getting more unbalanced.

The Holy Seal skill needs to be changed. R2 has created a system based off of experience to improve your character. Then created multiple cross server events to promote player vs. player. On the surface this is not a problem, but over time it is becoming one. Those players from lower servers had an advantage from the beginning. As older servers it has been easier for them to get access to higher level MPs that give greater experience. Over time this advantage has led to much higher talent levels at the same player level as higher number servers. Since Holy Seal can stun a player for up to three turns (2-3 has been my experience) it has created an unfair advantage.

Now also consider that battle grounds are directly linked to honor points (thus higher medallions) and cross server points (which leads to getting new mounts faster). The 3 on 3 arena is a route to get both cross server points and insignia. Getting more insignia over time makes it easier to get legendary items faster, thus improving faster.

As time goes on this disparity is growing, not getting closing. The recent changes in the rune system has made this much worse since higher level MPs are closed to us for now.

I propose the following potential changes, any of which would help fix these issues.

1. Nerf Holy Seal so it can only be used once per fight and shorten the duration. Three rounds is death and excessive.

2. Change the matching system in arena and battle grounds so players closer in server number are matched together. There is absolutely no reason players from above server 100 should be facing players from server 1 multiple times in a 30 round arena. Actually matching players based off of their total or average battle rating would also be a good fix. The current matching system is not effective in any way.

People are beginning to quit the game over this. If anything it has prevented me from spending money in the game, because there is no way around this problem in the current system. The longer things go on the worse it gets.

Fix the game, you are losing business.

I agree on the holy seal part; allowing seal (3 turn stun) in cross server events is lame towards newer servers. Nothing more frustrating then losing battles all the time because of a thing you cannot possibly defend yourself against, or hope to catch up on ever (unless the older account quits).

Comment

Of course it's unbalanced, what did you expect from a P2W type of game?

1. Nerf Holy Seal so it can only be used once per fight and shorten the duration. Three rounds is death and excessive.

2. Change the matching system in arena and battle grounds so players closer in server number are matched together. There is absolutely no reason players from above server 100 should be facing players from server 1 multiple times in a 30 round arena. Actually matching players based off of their total or average battle rating would also be a good fix. The current matching system is not effective in any way.
      Well, Holy Seals stun duration is based on level of HS being used against target's HS.

Such as a level 10 HS being used on a person with level 9 HS, the target will only be stunned for half a round (just disrupt his casting) or for 1 turn.

But I do agree on it, since it's a major problem in BG where higher levels can always guarantee Stun on lower levels due to the Cap in place.

IE: level 63/4's HS cap is 14, while 62 and below is 10. (there is no level 62 with a level 14 HS... because of cap)

Comment

Originally posted by R27081397 View Post
        As time goes on this game is getting more unbalanced.

Fix the game, you are losing business.
        1. I sort of agree on this point. The Holy Seal is overpowered and some way to balance it out would be nice.

2. Total **** about the older and newer servers. Take a look at the European cross server rankings or the winner of the 1st Archers Class War.
        Top archer there comes from a 200+ server, and is the strongest player in GMT timezone by about 10k BR, beating any of the "old" servers by a mile.
        Money talks as they say!

The thing that has imbalanced everything PvP is the ability to buy instant BR. I have no objections to money giving an advantage, but to overtake someone who has worked 8 months by just opening a wallet is insane. That is the way of this game though, P2w and if you don't pay you don't stand a chance.

Comment

Holy seal is the only weapon non-cashers who level slowly have. if you do best Mp for your level for half a year and you are a non casher, you have pretty good chances versus new server players. Otherwise someone could make a char, play for one month, spend 2000 -5000 dollars and beat those who have spent 6x more time. Time is money, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Emilyfairyss View Post
            Holy seal is the only weapon non-cashers who level slowly have.
            That is BEFORE they had a cap.

Which now there is a cap, and no matter how "slow" you level, you can't level Holy Seal above the Cap

Which is level 10 HS for level 62 and below players

Comment

Stay at level 69 for all you care. Cap is lvl68 HS and that is like 3.5 billion total exp.

Comment

Making arena match system based on total or average BR would not work out at all. For example, if I at lvl 55+ with 40k br team up with 2 lvl 30s at 5k br each, should I be matched against 3 ppl with 17k br each? The system would be too open to exploitation then.

Comment

Originally posted by kosprov View Post
                  Making arena match system based on total or average BR would not work out at all. For example, if I at lvl 55+ with 40k br team up with 2 lvl 30s at 5k br each, should I be matched against 3 ppl with 17k br each? The system would be too open to exploitation then.
                  They always suggest anything that is favorable to them, instead of working towards their toon's built. Also, I think this is their plan that's why they insist the arena be matched by br, they will party with high level with high br (them being low level, low br) and voila! They won against matched br all-low level teams. Easy win, no need to build your toons properly. Besides, would you want to do daily arena of more than 30 minutes? LMAO. Matched by br will take more than a minute per fight, so this idea is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilyfairyss View Post
                    Holy seal is the only weapon non-cashers who level slowly have. if you do best Mp for your level for half a year and you are a non casher, you have pretty good chances versus new server players. Otherwise someone could make a char, play for one month, spend 2000 -5000 dollars and beat those who have spent 6x more time. Time is money, right?
                    You can get immense EXP as a heavy casher.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Heavy Casher buys 2-3 double exp scrolls a day and has VIP9 your argument about an older server non casher is now invalid.
                      Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.

Comment

In short, I don't mind losing to heavy cashers. There won't be that many around. But losing almost every match because of HS is just plain stupid. I am from a relatively new server and as such, I can see others exploiting HS to gain an advantage over new players. In some matches, all three opponents will start with HS, and why not, chance is, it will stun 2 opponents for 3 rounds. After that, they will be dead or around there.

Lastly, 66 levels of HS is just ** for L69. It is almost like asking ppls to level from 69 to 70, 66 times.

Comment

HS is the most fair skill in the game all class get and can train talk about unfair skill that is mage get heal rune, whil knight dont get guardin rune.

Comment

Originally posted by kanusti View Post
                            HS is the most fair skill in the game all class get and can train talk about unfair skill that is mage get heal rune, whil knight dont get guardin rune.
                            I would love any dam other rune to trade for my heal rune(except blood that I have alrdy) .... i dont even want heal rune, only reason im using it that it is better then blood rune at the early lvls.

Comment

So basically what I have read is arguments against changing HS because of the VERY FEW heavy cashers. That is ridiculous. With the changes in the rune system higher level MPs are closed to a lot of players unless they finish their 60 quest armor. Meanwhile the lower servers have a higher percentage of players who have completed this, or are simply strong enough that the change did not impact them as much. This means more players getting better experience and achieving talent levels faster. It has put in place a system where the lower servers continue to have a growing advantage simply because the server they decided to play on. Never mind the fact that HS has nothing to do with actually knowing how to play your character. It is the idiots guide to dueling.

BTW using class wars as an argument does not work. HS could not be used in class wars.

I can see the argument about using an average BR for arena, but the current matching system is a joke. I end up seeing 60K+ BR groups from servers S1-20 about half the time. That is way above my BR rating. If any of you think that they do not have a significant advantage then you are talking out of another part of your body other than your mouth. With all the servers playing the same arena times seeing the same group more than once during an arena should be rare, not the norm.

Comment

Working...
                              X