Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illusion better on archers than knights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion better on archers than knights?

I`ve notice theese days one mate of my party archer his illusion procs very offten mpd/spire/arena on all.In mpd even if he`s only geting some of the aoe attacks he`s illusions is kicking i`ll make a party if mine procs even once in a boss fight.I was telling myself nah it has to be luck also we both has it at lvl 5 at 10%.Today few min ago had 2 solo arena left fought vs him my first attack dodged im ok next duel first attack same thing i was like Click image for larger version

Name:	lol face.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1737394.To clarify im not whining ofc im happy since he`s a friend was only curious if any one else notice such a phenomenon.

Oh, there were several Mages I had to fight got Illusion procs like 50%... Luckily, they weren't able to get me down to 60% HP, within the 150% damage range that is.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Eh, I don't notice it much, until Class Wars...

+100% Damage
      I'm in Crit Build
      Fight almost going to time out..
      I use Thunderer...
      His Illusion procs... =( I lose

Comment

That's the very point of illusion. Statistically, it's suboptimal. But sometimes it will save you (or kill you) and it will be way more obvious than the goddess blessing.

A few procs of illusion more doesn't mean that it necessarily works better for a certain character. Ideally, you'll proc it the same amount of times during an infinite battle. 10% chance doesn't mean "every 10th attack" - it's just likely to happen once in 10 attacks - sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less. Two fights can't really prove anything.

Include the possibility that people tend to get EXTREMELY subjective with this sort of thing and try to count rationally.

If even after that he scores significantly more every time you two meet, post the results. Submit a ticket. I haven't noticed anything strange with it (if anything, a knight friend of mine dodges more - but that's just because he takes way more hits since he's the tank).

Comment

Chance doesn't have to count defensive only or whether it counts multiple or single hits, no one really knows, might as well 10% chance each skill or minutes. I think class comparison is subjective because knight have shorter CD, that means more offensive turns to use same skill? while archer would be on defensive side, triggering illusion more.
          [morfinnor]
          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Enhanced Illusion has a counterintuitive increase in the consecutive process rate as it gets leveled up. Tharlyci wasn't getting very many "wow" saves before it was L5.

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
              Chance doesn't have to count defensive only or whether it counts multiple or single hits, no one really knows, might as well 10% chance each skill or minutes. I think class comparison is subjective because knight have shorter CD, that means more offensive turns to use same skill? while archer would be on defensive side, triggering illusion more.
              you a wrong knight has the longst CD of all 3 class has try all 3 out, also knight has the most expensive aoe skill.

Comment

I decided to use my Enchanced Illusion Lv.5 instead of Blessed Health or Regeneration.

Even tho it's only 10% proc rate, it can still save you quite a bit.

(no, I don't have Goddess Blessing, still haven't gotten one yet, it might turn out I'll have to buy it...)

This is my current Astrals

Last edited by anichaos; 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X