Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Best way to get soul crystals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get soul crystals?

Wondering what the best way to get soul crystals is as 70+. I've been told that NM mode DT summons are dropping far greater amounts than they used to (back when I did my farming), and I'm wondering why they'd penalize those of us that finished our lv. 60 legendary gear prior to this. Been running lv. 70 normal (samsara/lych) for crystaloids and max potential exp and while lych's "bonus bosses" have a chance to drop 3 soul crystals, but even if every single boss dropped 2 and you got all 3 bonus bosses from all 3 runs (each dropping 3), that's still nowhere near as many as I've been hearing about others accruing from a single DT NM summon run.

Anyone have a logical explanation (for this late boost involving DT NM runs) or viable alternative suggestions on how one can make great daily exp AND still rack up the soul crystals?

Summoner boxes now have a chance to contain +10 Soul Crystals. It's kinda like regular boxes, chance to have 2 soul crystals, except with Summoner it's 10.

Comment

Except there's no summoner in Lvl70/75 Dungeons (as far as I heard), which I think is the point the OP is trying to make.

At present, I think you're going to have to sacrifice XP for Soul Crystals.
      Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
        Except there's no summoner in Lvl70/75 Dungeons (as far as I heard), which I think is the point the OP is trying to make.

At present, I think you're going to have to sacrifice XP for Soul Crystals.
        Well, the other point was that as much as I did DT/DT NM summons in the past back when I was grinding my lv. 60 set, the +10 soul crystal drops were not implemented. Thus, those of us that don't NEED the DT/DT NM summons anymore are at a gross disadvantage compared to those that DO now need them. Not to mention, if we DO opt to do DTNM summons for the recently boosted soul crystal drops, we're sacrificing not only XP and skeleton keys, but we'd also not be getting the crystalloids we need (sure you can synth lv. 5's into 6's but I doubt you'll make enough lv. 5 crystalloids from 1 DT NM run w/ full summons to synth into level 6's as you'd get from a single run of normal 70 mpd's).

Another thing worth noting is that chests (mystery, bronze, silver, gold, etc.) from campaigns as early as 30-40 (in addition to their MPD's) drop better items than high level dungeons (including soul crystals). The lv. 70 chests (mystery) = 15k gold, city protection token, 120 vouchers, Enhanced Bounty Scroll, or Crypt Key - in order from most to least common; lv. 70 Silver Chests (pay 5k gold to open) = lv. 2 luck stone, 4000 gold, ? (I think small amount of daru), and Skeleton Key - again, in order of frequency. Loot values should INCREASE as you level up, not decrease. Lastly, looted gear sale values are still on par with drops from lv. 30 (i.e. whites still sell for 600, greens for 1k, blues for 3k, purples for 7k - unless it's a set piece, then it sells for more). I'm trying to figure out how they justify this.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
          Well, the other point was that as much as I did DT/DT NM summons in the past back when I was grinding my lv. 60 set, the +10 soul crystal drops were not implemented. Thus, those of us that don't NEED the DT/DT NM summons anymore are at a gross disadvantage compared to those that DO now need them. Not to mention, if we DO opt to do DTNM summons for the recently boosted soul crystal drops, we're sacrificing not only XP and skeleton keys, but we'd also not be getting the crystalloids we need (sure you can synth lv. 5's into 6's but I doubt you'll make enough lv. 5 crystalloids from 1 DT NM run w/ full summons to synth into level 6's as you'd get from a single run of normal 70 mpd's).

Another thing worth noting is that chests (mystery, bronze, silver, gold, etc.) from campaigns as early as 30-40 (in addition to their MPD's) drop better items than high level dungeons (including soul crystals). The lv. 70 chests (mystery) = 15k gold, city protection token, 120 vouchers, Enhanced Bounty Scroll, or Crypt Key - in order from most to least common; lv. 70 Silver Chests (pay 5k gold to open) = lv. 2 luck stone, 4000 gold, ? (I think small amount of daru), and Skeleton Key - again, in order of frequency. Loot values should INCREASE as you level up, not decrease. Lastly, looted gear sale values are still on par with drops from lv. 30 (i.e. whites still sell for 600, greens for 1k, blues for 3k, purples for 7k - unless it's a set piece, then it sells for more). I'm trying to figure out how they justify this.
          Class wars can provide a solid stream of soul crystals, but I'd rather get 70 stones if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            Summoner boxes now have a chance to contain +10 Soul Crystals. It's kinda like regular boxes, chance to have 2 soul crystals, except with Summoner it's 10.
            Quick question: does this apply to ALL dungeon summons or is it strictly for lv. 65 NM DT summons? So basically, can someone do summons from a normal mode dungeon (assuming dungeon level must be high enough for players to have unlocked engravings, i.e. void) and still get the 10 soul crystal drops?

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
              Class wars can provide a solid stream of soul crystals, but I'd rather get 70 stones if I were you.
              Aye, I only spent remaining glory crystals that weren't sufficient enough to purchase something more significant on the soul crystals so as to use up every single glory crystal.

Comment

sinner,i think it only dt nm that drop x10 soul crystal
                EARWAX .. . .... .. ... ...

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                  Aye, I only spent remaining glory crystals that weren't sufficient enough to purchase something more significant on the soul crystals so as to use up every single glory crystal.
                  If runes and soul crystals are much harder to grind than leg stones, why choose to buy leg stones?
                  In same 5 months to get the stone, you'll get 1-3 extra engraving worth 2x 1 70-set boost,
                  able to get the stones itsef. That is if you are unable to do NM, no point period if you are
                  able to. I can't think of equipping any of them unless it was a complete set.
                  [morfinnor]
                  Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                  X