Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Class wars- Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Class wars- Mage

    I have been thinking more and more that upping your HP once you get to a certain level is actually a negative. If someone uses a blood rune in the last 30 seconds its taking more HP from you and your healing never increase with the passage of the time. Anyone else think about this, or does it just not make sense? Since the wins go by HP % and not total HP, you get more % from a restoration at lower health. I know suntoria helps a little when your HP goes up but again when the % damage increase sunt stays the same. So, I think there is a sweet spot. Also, I was hoping if anyone knew the exact date class wars starts so I don't miss it this time. With the new wager ration 2:1, did they up the maximum wager as well? Seems like they just made it near impossible to get the Wild Fire Steed.

  • #2
    I won;t comment on the bloodrune, nyaaa, that one are usefull after all (pain when someone use it agains me --)

    But... the exact time for classwar. No idea, need to wait for another announcement made.
    Rumor said it still on 20, but I think... no. That date are clashed with guild battle.
    S24 - Reaper's Illusion
    IGN - Vein

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Omnipotent2013 View Post
      I have been thinking more and more that upping your HP once you get to a certain level is actually a negative. If someone uses a blood rune in the last 30 seconds its taking more HP from you and your healing never increase with the passage of the time. Anyone else think about this, or does it just not make sense? Since the wins go by HP % and not total HP, you get more % from a restoration at lower health. I know suntoria helps a little when your HP goes up but again when the % damage increase sunt stays the same. So, I think there is a sweet spot. Also, I was hoping if anyone knew the exact date class wars starts so I don't miss it this time. With the new wager ration 2:1, did they up the maximum wager as well? Seems like they just made it near impossible to get the Wild Fire Steed.
      Only if the 2 mages are evenly matched (or close). The top 10 fighting each other would have this problem.

      You will only have this problem fighting people of similar MATK/MDEF to yours.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

      Comment


      • #4
        I've thought about this and have stopped working on HP and will not be upgrading HP in the near future.
        Because as you said, Restoration will heal a greater % of my HP, and when it comes down to who has the highest % of HP wins...having lower max hp is a good thing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Blood Rune does 3% damage for 3 turns at level 1.

          At level 2 it does 3 % damage for 4 turns. At level 3 it's 4% damage for 4 turns.

          So you need a level 3 blood rune to equal the effects of a level 1 suntoria.

          Give that nearly all mage wars are 100% a heal fest... most people will have level 3 suntoria and have it running most of the battle. a blood rune won't worry them too much. It's that last second thunderer they'll be worried about.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ginger, you're forgetting 50% and 100% stacks with the blood rune, so 3% (1500) turns into 2250 at 50% then 3000 at 100%

            Comment


            • #7
              That is assuming that 3% is the max dmg of 1500:P
              EDIT: 3%*2 = 6%.
              the CW ends at 100%, so no matter how much your hp is.... a 3% blood rune will at BEST take away suntoria (good thing is that blood rune comes before suntoria so if you are at full and have suntoria on you will still have full no matter what:P)

              Comment


              • #8
                Against most it will, though the damage is rather small, 3k max at 100% mark is nothing special. I'm almost at level 5 blood rune, can't wait to use it twice per battle. Can keep Bleed going most of the fight early on to keep em healing, then later on I can use it again to finish them off.

                Suntoria is silly to use IMO.
                Lightning + Rain of Fire + Meteor Destruction + Restoration + Blessed Light worked really well for me. Kept my opponents on the defensive so I could keep on the offensive, and if I didn't win within time I had two heals to heal up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                  Against most it will, though the damage is rather small, 3k max at 100% mark is nothing special. I'm almost at level 5 blood rune, can't wait to use it twice per battle. Can keep Bleed going most of the fight early on to keep em healing, then later on I can use it again to finish them off.

                  Suntoria is silly to use IMO.
                  Lightning + Rain of Fire + Meteor Destruction + Restoration + Blessed Light worked really well for me. Kept my opponents on the defensive so I could keep on the offensive, and if I didn't win within time I had two heals to heal up.
                  i fought stronger opponents then myself with that build and won, besides using my own dd combo at end, (cynical me keeps it to myself) also to use both bl & resto you need a bit of rage saved up, so you miss out on some dd where oppo can get a breathing from the aoe spams

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, of course we're not gonna reveal our plans in Class Wars. I have my own build, astrals, gems to test out. Works in my mind, just hope it works against others. With PVE set, getting rage isn't an issue. Especially after 2 minutes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah fair enough... Only offensive cost is meteor... 1 bolt and you are full again ..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's been tested that blood rune stacks with the damage timer for pvp (no damage timer on dungeons) while suntoria sticks with max hp.
                        Suntoria would only survive bleed level 3 on class war if you have above 50K HP (100% for 120+ seconds fight).

                        If you prefer a dps fight rather than heal staring contest, I'd suggest including puri somewhere since bleed isn't the only negative buff rune.
                        [morfinnor]
                        Temple of Ibalize

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Suntoria will always outdo bleed rune (if blood is 3% ofc) because the maximum wilk be 3%*2=6% aka lvl 3 suntoria.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Puri for CW? Good luck with that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                              Suntoria will always outdo bleed rune (if blood is 3% ofc) because the maximum wilk be 3%*2=6% aka lvl 3 suntoria.
                              Suntoria lasts for 7 turns too...
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X