Nerfs for Archer and Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
    You should shut the **** up and deal with it kid.
    Only archer is over powered, fast as hell attacking, high attacks, etc.
    Sorry, just fell of my chair laughing at you thinking Archers are OP.

Before your next joke, please give me advance warning so I can fasten my seatbelt

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
      Sorry, just fell of my chair laughing at you thinking Archers are OP.

Before your next joke, please give me advance warning so I can fasten my seatbelt
      I also like to live dangerously.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
        You should shut the **** up and deal with it kid.
        Only archer is over powered, fast as hell attacking, high attacks, etc.
        But low on def~~
        some archer just love to forgetting this fact~ they work on patk but forgetting they're def. Easy kill.
        S24 - Reaper's Illusion
        IGN - Vein

Comment

So from what I've gathered, you're all saying "don't nerf me 'cause I'm OP and I like it that way".
          Before you flame at me further for suggesting something, take time to consider the facts I've pointed out, and maybe even make suitable suggestions of your own.

I don't care about how powerful a class can become at the higher levels; you don't start off at level 60 with fully enchanted and gemmed gear.
          It's in the lower levels that you decide if you want to keep playing a game or not, based on how well you do and how much you enjoy the game.

At level 0-34, all classes are pretty equal in damage and sustainability.
          At level 35+, you learn Archers have a much higher damage output than any other class, and make up 70% of the entire server's population and top damage dealt to world bosses.

If you're an Archer or Mage and have never played a Knight before, I strongly encourage you to do so.
          If you already have, then you obviously know why you aren't playing a Knight anymore.

Comment

Early game can be rough for a knight since you're not that strong in pvp yet and being constantly reminded on how crappy you are at pve during every single WB can be demoralizing. However, those that stay are rewarded, I believe. In my experience, pvp got a lot easier once I got into the 40s. I don't think I've ever lost to an archer of around the same BR unless it was due to holy seal. Knights are naturally made to beat archers, but it takes a while for it to start looking like that.

As lvl 70 noncasher knight, I'm very satisfied with the pvp balance since I'm strong against archers and weak against mages (generally speaking). Knights are terrible in PVE IMO but that's a whole other topic.

Comment

^
              there you go, nice point from fellow knight ^_^
              S24 - Reaper's Illusion
              IGN - Vein

Comment

LOL thread starter wants to dominate endgame and want to dominate on early game too. Greedy! Now, if you think the other classes are OP why not play the other 2 classes, instead? It is funny that you already have high def and high hp and still demand high damage? You want an all around class?

My friend is an archer, he fought a knight who is 6k br less and is level 44, my archer friend level 49. The knight took away half of my friend's hp considering he has higher hp than the knight. What more if that knight has the same equip and only have less gap in br? Not to mention that knight still has damage reduction towards my archer friend because he is of lower level. My conclusion, that knight is properly built that's why he almost kill a higher br and higher level archer.
                Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by webberjo View Post
                  So from what I've gathered, you're all saying "don't nerf me 'cause I'm OP and I like it that way".
                  Before you flame at me further for suggesting something, take time to consider the facts I've pointed out, and maybe even make suitable suggestions of your own.

I don't care about how powerful a class can become at the higher levels; you don't start off at level 60 with fully enchanted and gemmed gear.
                  It's in the lower levels that you decide if you want to keep playing a game or not, based on how well you do and how much you enjoy the game.

At level 0-34, all classes are pretty equal in damage and sustainability.
                  At level 35+, you learn Archers have a much higher damage output than any other class, and make up 70% of the entire server's population and top damage dealt to world bosses.

If you're an Archer or Mage and have never played a Knight before, I strongly encourage you to do so.
                  If you already have, then you obviously know why you aren't playing a Knight anymore.
                  No, you answer my question.

Lightning bolt is the basic attack of mages. So you increase the cooldown on it, do you expect mages to go into battle and afk since they can't do anything else? (Assuming they use PvP gear and don't have enough rage)
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

I only want mages to use normal attacks, no AOE, even no lightning bolt. I don't care if they have low pdef and hp, I want to kill mages! I want to kill all other classes! Resto and sunto should also be nerfed. I want high damage as well as high pdef and hp!

Comment

i started out playing mage, and still am a mage, could i change it i would proberly pick knight being a 64 mage knights are damn tuff to get down all in all i find the classes work just fine as they are in pvp, only place where a nerf is needed is on archers crit, they rule wold bosses in a big way, not even when i change out all gems to crit and red astral crit and so on i cant even get close to an archer on world boss damage wish same battle rating as my self, or find a way to op knights and mages on world bosses.

Comment

^^ totally agree that archers dmg on wb is hard to compete with which has the knock on effect of constantly giving them a sllight advantage with their troops and gold generation, but its totally fair that mages eat troops in 4/5 turns with their aoe and knights have a high pdef since most high end players go for the templars... so for me it kinda balances out in the end.

Comment

giveing LB/AoEs a longer cooldown is hilarious xD i was a knight before i understand ur frustration but one u shouldent be fighting mages anyway there ur counter class two yes slasher has a 5 second cooldown but what was the % on that dmg max lvl like 136% or something around there while max LB only does 110%three knights can spam slasher/ulti slasher over and over and over again for mage its RoF meteor LB LB LB RoF and then its back to LBs at best thats includeing some good lvl clothing not to mention knights have high HP wich makes that shield a pain+high dodge rate=HP regen and lastly if u manage to kill a mages troops all u have to do is use delphic and the fights over unless that mage is alot stronger than u point is knights are very strong if any1 needs a nerf its them not us xD
                          ( btw i dident quit knight cause i thought they were weak i quit cause i enjoy beeing able to help out with heals,support that stuff lol)

Comment

Why do most people focus on what others have instead of concentrating on what they have.

There are advantage and disadvantages to all classes and over the length of the game they are fairly balanced (it pains me to say that about R2 and 7roads when you consider their many other failures in this game). The balance of power does shift from class to class throughout the levels and sadly one of them has to shine last. Regardless, it is fairly balanced while keeping a good distinction between the classes. You are moving into an area where you advocate equalizing class distinctions and this is where I disagree. I've played all 3 classes into the 50's and some higher. That doesn't make me an expert on the classes but does give me perspective on them.

[General rant on]
                            Fine, equalize the archers fire rate, and critical ability with the other classes... In return I'll need to equalize your knights blocking, Stamina, shield, and rage/action. And don't even get me started on those pesky mages with their AOE and healing! Come on... lets equalize this down to nothing more then different colored pixels with the same AI for all classes under the hood. Won't that be fun! I'm sure R2 and 7roads love it!
                            [General rant off]

You're a meat stick, act like it and focus on what you can do, not what you can't. I think the classes need less nerfing then some of the players who play them!

Comment

Originally posted by Balbagg View Post
                              its funny knights are really quite hard to play early game and they do get pawned alot...mid game (50's) they start to even out more and imo i would say knights dont really start getting decent till the mid 60's (im not talking about holy seal)
                              Finally please dont try to sound intelligent by going on about knights hp's! as any high lvl player will tell you there are plenty of both mage and archer tanks out there and tbh alot of the time it increases the difficulty of the md by taking a knight instead of another archer or mage this is why across the servers there are so few knights and why we do quite well at class wars
                              Go to admit I can see both sides of this
                              one side: knights tend to be tough and can take a lot of damage. while haveing some heavy attacks
                              other: it quickly becomes obvious, that when facing an opponent with a similar level, a knight almost always loses.

as an experiment I went to an other server and started an archer. I quickly found that the various campains were MUCH easier.
                              This evidence is also supported by data observed during 'world boss' battles. simply look at the top scorers in damage, and (virtually) always the entire list is archers.
                              is there a fix for this, I am not sure, but it is VERY clear that plying a knight is a bad choice.

Comment

very funny i always yell to our knight he is OP with that damm ulti and supereasy rage building

Comment

Working...
                                X