No announcement yet.

Nerfs for Archer and Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a level 56 archer. What am I good at? I outpace any knight/mage in my guild (that isn't stronger than me) in WB damage. Unlike them, I stand a chance of breaking 1% on a good day...and this is on the server with Zebq. Groups like me for my scattershot, and I'm good at putting out damage as long as I have at least 45 starting rage.

But lately, I've hit a wall in solo arena. Mages have troops that can soak up my non-AoE attacks while I get punished with AoE after AoE. I have a lower natural MDEF, so that doesn't help. Knights end up in a 1v1 fight with me...and they outlast me with their shield and PDEF...then destroy me once the 50% damage buff goes live. I can't beat Cata 100 right now, because I didn't spend balens on double skills and I chose damage over support. I don't have a Deep Freeze to help me there.

When people put out WC ads for MPDs and Spire...it's always for knights and mages. Everyone needs heals. Everyone needs a tank. But not everyone needs an archer. There's so many of us that we're just not in as high of a demand as the other classes.

But rather than be content with my class...how about taking those knight shields down from 3 turns to 1 turn? Maybe make them absorb less damage? I'm tired of coming *this* close to winning the fight, only to have them shield and beat me down from safety. And those mage AoEs? Do they REALLY need 2? Make it 1. And maybe make it not hit 3x per person...let's make it just hit 2x each. Yeah...then I can be as good in arena as I think I deserve to be. I mean...I dominate WB already...why can't I have it *ALL*?

*Please enjoy sarcasm responsibly*

Comment

I agree that if an archer, and a mage are to be nerfed, then u should include a knight so all are balanced, though I don't ever believe this will happen. Also no need to be rude to someone making a suggestion, even if it has been made before, or sounds stupid by some. It would be nice to see more respect given here on the forum, I know it's a longshot, but still would be nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
        I agree that if an archer, and a mage are to be nerfed, then u should include a knight so all are balanced, though I don't ever believe this will happen. Also no need to be rude to someone making a suggestion, even if it has been made before, or sounds stupid by some. It would be nice to see more respect given here on the forum, I know it's a longshot, but still would be nice to see.
        By your understanding of the word respect you should show some respect to the responses. I know it's a longshot because their choice of words are different to yours, but still would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
          Also no need to be rude to someone making a suggestion, even if it has been made before, or sounds stupid by some. It would be nice to see more respect given here on the forum, I know it's a longshot, but still would be nice to see.
          It could be argued that giving respect to so-called "stupid" suggestions implies that they contain something worth respecting. Also, exposing flaws through sarcasm and satire is not necessarily rude or disrespectful. Had I said something to the effect of "stupid noob knight waah waah quit whining b/c you suck"...yes, that would be disrespectful. I did not attack the person making the suggestion. I attacked the flawed and seemingly self-serving reasoning behind their proposal.

Notice the lack of a "nuh uh shut up ill talk however i want youre not the boss of me" (or its equivalent) in my response to you. You're welcome.

Comment

behave!!!!

Nerf archers lool

First and forth most our skills damage percentage are mostly lower than knights, which makes no sense considering we are an attacking class.. secondly your a noob.

lol
            SUPERIORMAN
            SERVER 82
            GUILD LEGAL-RO
            VIP LVL 8 - CHECK
            WINGS - CHECK
            RHINO - CHECK
            LOVE WARTUNE... AHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

Comment

Wow, just so you all know, I wasn't bashing anyone, I was merely stating my opinion on the thread, and also saying it would be nice to see people being more respectful to one another which doesn't happen on here alot. Also anything posted on here gets twisted around before it is even finished being read. Just a suggestion read whole message before you respond please!

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                I'm a level 56 archer. What am I good at? I outpace any knight/mage in my guild (that isn't stronger than me) in WB damage. Unlike them, I stand a chance of breaking 1% on a good day...and this is on the server with Zebq. Groups like me for my scattershot, and I'm good at putting out damage as long as I have at least 45 starting rage.

But lately, I've hit a wall in solo arena. Mages have troops that can soak up my non-AoE attacks while I get punished with AoE after AoE. I have a lower natural MDEF, so that doesn't help. Knights end up in a 1v1 fight with me...and they outlast me with their shield and PDEF...then destroy me once the 50% damage buff goes live. I can't beat Cata 100 right now, because I didn't spend balens on double skills and I chose damage over support. I don't have a Deep Freeze to help me there.

When people put out WC ads for MPDs and Spire...it's always for knights and mages. Everyone needs heals. Everyone needs a tank. But not everyone needs an archer. There's so many of us that we're just not in as high of a demand as the other classes.

But rather than be content with my class...how about taking those knight shields down from 3 turns to 1 turn? Maybe make them absorb less damage? I'm tired of coming *this* close to winning the fight, only to have them shield and beat me down from safety. And those mage AoEs? Do they REALLY need 2? Make it 1. And maybe make it not hit 3x per person...let's make it just hit 2x each. Yeah...then I can be as good in arena as I think I deserve to be. I mean...I dominate WB already...why can't I have it *ALL*?

*Please enjoy sarcasm responsibly*
                lolz too funny
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

and comedy post of the week goes to.......

but seriously if you got some time start up the other two classes on another server to see how their limitations work. With warriors unless your refering to apollo's shield which is 3 (QTE 4 turns) the other shield is dmg related, do enough damage and it goes, maybe a little more dmg might help your problems....... oh and btw next time your doing arena just take a look at the top 20 ranking i think you'll find alot more archers in there than mages or knights.....

Comment

You miss the point if you miss the sarcasm. I have no problems - I understand that each class has its limitations and I, unlike some people...deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                      deal with it
                      Some people just don't.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        Some people just don't.
                        Seriously...if I wasn't against obnoxious Twitter people I would've ended that post with #dealwithit.

Comment

arrow strike more cooldown ur stupid or what??? archer only gain rage use arrow strike ( 5 no crit and 10 if crit )
                          also archer hard to win in BG agains knight or mage and u stil complain, go to hell man !!!!

Comment

I suggest that MAGE should have more cooldown on Rain Of Fire or Meteor Storm . They are able to use it too fast . And is AOE which gives them advantage among other classes. As knight i cannot use AOE faster than 45 seconds. And till than i have to use single shots. while the mage can use both AOE things 3 times before i can use again AOE. And this sux.
                            Your worst nightmare .
                            Azazael - S20

Comment

Originally posted by R29228555 View Post
                              I suggest that MAGE should have more cooldown on Rain Of Fire or Meteor Storm . They are able to use it too fast . And is AOE which gives them advantage among other classes. As knight i cannot use AOE faster than 45 seconds. And till than i have to use single shots. while the mage can use both AOE things 3 times before i can use again AOE. And this sux.
                              I guess you're a Knight. Mages are mobs wiper, Knights are meatsacks, Archers are alternate meatsacks. With higher cooldown, how do Mages wipe mobs?
                              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by R29228555 View Post
                                The reason the mage is able to do this is due to strength and defence that the knights and to a extente archers have. If the mages were to have "increased cool down" that would lead to them becomeing to weak. Which would then lead to people calling for "knights and archers to be nerfed" all u would do in this case would switch 1 devil for anouther.

Comment

Working...
                                X