Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Warfare: Flawed, not the top 100 of Class, it's a random luck-based on match up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Warfare: Flawed, not the top 100 of Class, it's a random luck-based on match up

I will make my point, this past CW preliminary rounds, I made it to top 100. I am 75. And I am certain I should not be there. Don't get me wrong, I will take the reward, and I did my best, but I am no where in the top 100 of the Knight class. Here are some of my stats:
    I am lvl 64 and with all scrolls and pots for the battles my BR was around 53k.

I have never had VIP except I bought a month of it two weeks ago to get all my skills and troops caught up to my level.

I wear level 55 gear, and lvl 50 rings and Jewelry. One of my Jewelry pcs is not yet Legendary, the others are.

I am basically a free player. I take advantage of whatever freebies they throw our way, my clothes are level 2 now, my wings are lvl 1.

I have purchased NO mounts, I have earned the pieces to own 6 mounts.

I am an Knight Crusader. I got it a couple weeks ago. I haven't lost it yet, but I don't do BG too often, I lose too often. Sometimes I will leave with -400, sometimes -200 and everything in between. I also will be successful at times and gain maybe 100 or so. I need 22371 for next level. I gain most of my honor from my guild's GB.

So I have come to the conclusion that CW is not a true test of who is the best in the class, it's luck based on your match ups. As I can attest.

• Telstar
    replied
    Originally posted by TatsuAzhrei View Post
    actually. the matchups aren't entirely random. the better you do, the tougher your opponets become. you can intentionally lose first few rounds and thus force the 'intelligent matching' to put you up against weaker players because it thinks you're weaker due to those losses. an exploit that needs to be killed. but r2 seems to want to ignore it.
    It's not an exploit and it wont guarantee your placement in top100. It just makes the middle matches easier. And therefore more BORING.

Leave a comment:

• Telstar
    replied
    Originally posted by LadeeGaga View Post
    You are right. It's just that I thought it was a test to determine who was the best 100 in the game, but really, the Prelims are not. I call the CW flawed, but in reality it's my thinking that is flawed. After reading responses and mulling it over, I have changed my impression of CW. It is about level, BR, Skills, whatever you can bring to the fight, but equally important, it's about the luck of the draw in your matches, and perhaps the timing of your losses.
    I tried to time my losses this time, like I read on forums last month.
    It didn't work. I ended with about the same points (thanks god not less!) as before. The last 2-3 matches were too hard, but the ones before that were all very easy. Loosing at first just make the most fights easier, it works for weak people, but in the end... same ****.
    I did one single mistake, that is not removing templars so I won the very first fight.

Leave a comment:

• kingofgamez
    replied
    well dont count yourself out u might not be top 100 according to br but if u did your best then u get what u deserve and congrats on makeing the top 100 hope u can get some good prizes because i think you deserve them.

Leave a comment:

• TatsuAzhrei
    replied
    actually. the matchups aren't entirely random. the better you do, the tougher your opponets become. you can intentionally lose first few rounds and thus force the 'intelligent matching' to put you up against weaker players because it thinks you're weaker due to those losses. an exploit that needs to be killed. but r2 seems to want to ignore it.

meh. **** happens. and i refuse to exploit ever. so if that means i get screwed on cw, so be it. maybe r2 wants less players, and more cheaters.

Leave a comment:

• R25834513
    replied
    Originally posted by LadeeGaga View Post
    Just FYI, there's a very good Knight on my server, level 62 45k BR unbuffed that has made it to the top 100. She is NOT top 100 either, but she is damn sure one of the best lvl 62 knights in the game ATM.
    yeah agreed, my friend who has 40k br unbuffed is also in the top 100 too, he is a good archer, helping people with dens and always in the top 10 for world boss. A very good archer, always helping people out. He is also one of the best archer in the cross server, even though there are many with 90k br buffed.

Leave a comment:

• LadeeGaga
    replied
    Just FYI, there's a very good Knight on my server, level 62 45k BR unbuffed that has made it to the top 100. She certainly isn't the in the best 100 Knights in the game, but she is damn sure one of the best lvl 62 knights in the game ATM.
    Last edited by LadeeGaga; 07-21-2013, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LadeeGaga
    replied
    Originally posted by anton0011 View Post
    How are you "basically a free player" when you have wings and rage runes? The fact that you balened enough to get a rage rune of that high level should answer your question of how you got into top 100 . Balens> everything.
    I have never bought a Rage Rune. It is NOT a FACT that I "balened enough to get a rage rune".

I use all my Minor ones for Rage and I have never missed a TT battle yet. Yes I have purchased one month of VIP, and I did purchase Wings when I began to play the game. I do have some balens, but I use them for Crypt Key purchases. I got the most recent ones by getting a Discover Credit Card. This gave me over 5k Balens, and will fund a whole heck of a lot of Crypt Keys. I must be doing something right to convince you that I have purchased Rage Runes, thanks for the compliment.

Balens are not > everything.
    Last edited by LadeeGaga; 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R26092269
    replied
    hmm low br players reaching the finals when they dont belong in it has not much to do with luck... it has to do with the fact they just exploit the points reward system by losing on purpose the 3-4 first battles so they can win the later fights that gives more points. I dont see how that can be called fair...
    If CW was once every week i could accept that, but as it is only once a month its unacceptable that so low br players can get a shot at finals by using a totally unfair "strategy", when way, way higher br than them cant get a spot in finals by playing it the fair way.

Leave a comment:

• R23457577
    replied
    think if the top 3 mages or archers or knights meet back to back in all 15 rounds
    out of 3 only 1 might make it though to top 100

yea luck is needed

Luck is part of ur strength too

isst flawed ? yes it is

But is it really that flawed that nid to be corrected ?

If u truly think it nids to be fair then there is no nid to fight

the highest br just win by their br gauge

then another group of ppl will b !tch = LOL never ending non satisfying players cycle

May I give a suggestion mildly

Take it like a man or woman or something in between or humans or aliens ...........
    Last edited by R23457577; 07-20-2013, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eunmi
    replied
    I'm lvl 59 archer with IC title. My BR in these CW was higher by around 5K than in the first CW + I was almost fully potted which gave me 55K BR, yet I didn't do any better than last time. Since the first match I got to fight with ppl of higher lvls and around my BR, the lowest I fought had lvl 62 templars I think.

CW are just pure luck. I will just wait another month, maybe I will have more luck....

Leave a comment:

• Scootermtb
    replied
    That can't be right, i scored 3380 and din't get in (676) crystals. You can se your score now if you open the class war button.

I just got a little upset that i got a knight with 84k br on last fight, even tho i had lost some on purpose to achieve lower score before last matchs But happens, don't think i will qualify next wars as i had improved all i could basically and won't grow much.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Originally posted by balautoy View Post
    This is just my observation but I guess CW works like solo arena but is cross server... So think of it this way in solo arena you fight hundreds of players of your class but when it is cross server you fight with thousands... In those thousands there have many who have perfect score who have 14 wins who have 13 wins who have 12 wins and so on and so forth... Heres an example if 15 players have 15 wins and 30 players have 14 wins and 50 players have 13 wins and 60 players have 12 wins now who are those who qualified lets compute 15(15 wins)+30(14 wins)+50(13 wins)=95 it means 95 players already qualified so the 5 other players who qualified came from the players who have 12 wins but in our example there are 60 players who have 12 wins and we need only 5.The 5 top battle ratings from the players who got 12 wins will be selected to complete the 100... Hope everyone gets my observation...
    I dont believe that it goes by amounts of wins like it does in the finale, because I had 12 wins and a mere 60k br.. with high rank, there got to be more then 13 ppl with 12 wins or more with higher br then me:&. That is why they have point system, by getting the late wins you get more points for X wins then early X wins because the point rewarded gets higher and higher.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by balautoy View Post
    This is just my observation but I guess CW works like solo arena but is cross server... So think of it this way in solo arena you fight hundreds of players of your class but when it is cross server you fight with thousands... In those thousands there have many who have perfect score who have 14 wins who have 13 wins who have 12 wins and so on and so forth... Heres an example if 15 players have 15 wins and 30 players have 14 wins and 50 players have 13 wins and 60 players have 12 wins now who are those who qualified lets compute 15(15 wins)+30(14 wins)+50(13 wins)=95 it means 95 players already qualified so the 5 other players who qualified came from the players who have 12 wins but in our example there are 60 players who have 12 wins and we need only 5.The 5 top battle ratings from the players who got 12 wins will be selected to complete the 100... Hope everyone gets my observation...
    Not sure what you are talking about. It is incomprehensible.

Leave a comment:

• balautoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X