New ways to earn insignias

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ways to earn insignias

Searched through the forums a bit and couldn't find a thread on this, so feel free to flame me if I am wrong. I really think there should be new ways to earn insignias for players. Not all of us can get into GB's, perform well in Battlegrounds, etc. There should also be a PvE element to gaining them. With the rash of merges, harsh competition and servers being torn apart, friendships lost and guilds in ruins, it would be a great addition. I understand the fact that through arenas, and BG's you can earn more than enough for a Lord Divine medallion every week if you are active, and interested, enough to make the event times. Not all of us are in a qualifying Guild for guild battles, nor do some of us want to be. The push for competetion is getting out of hand a little bit and I think everyone deserves a fair shot at making their Insig. piles a bit heftier. Here are a few ideas for Insignias to work their way into the game through non-competition events:

1. Crypt rewards
    2. Voucher shop
    3. Necropolis
    4. MP rewards
    5. Campaign Chests (the ultra crappy bronze and silver ones)
    6. Harvesting Copper (maybe hit a lucky strike or something, I don't know)
    7. WB Rankings

There are so many ways to implement a better way to get these, a lot of players, and I doubt it is just a somewhat newer server like mine, just have a very hard time getting these. Newer players can't find arena groups to get gear, slaughter zones in BG's. I am guilty of being a major casher and have never had a problem getting these, this is a fight for the people who enjoy the game, the people who make it worth playing. At the end of the day I would much rather be left with them than some douchewad who goes out and steals mines, talks trash and makes world, common and maybe even guild chat unbearable.

R2....redeem yourselves somewhat, give these guys a glimmer of hope in a game they like that seems to be polluted by inconsistancy, glitches, lag and whatever else, you name it. Just make some stuff a little more accessible to people who like the game but can't pay for all the goodies. That's not too much to ask...is it?

1. Crypt rewards
    2. Voucher shop
    3. Necropolis
    4. MP rewards
    5. Campaign Chests (the ultra crappy bronze and silver ones)
    6. Harvesting Copper (maybe hit a lucky strike or something, I don't know)
    7. WB Rankings

Crypt Reward would be good.

Voucher Shop is so-so.

Necropolis is a no... no one wants Insigs to be rewards (Lv.3/4 gems is worth way more)

MP rewards, not sure, I think many would want to get Purples/Crystalloid/Legend Stones instead of Insigs.

Campaign Chests, Bronze always give gold, so this would be placed into Silver Chests.

Harvesting... is already in game, however they're from Mystery Shop only "Victory Seed"

Lv.1 - 50 Insig
    Lv.2 - 75
    Lv.3 - 100
    Lv.4 - 150
    Lv.5 - 200

There are also seeds for Voucher (this one is only through VIP wheel)

WB Ranking... probably not, since ppls already complains about WB Ranking of certain class/people...

Comment

I can agree with having them drop from Catacombs, Necropolis and some Campaign Chests. Harvesting could be a new source, but it's kinda weird getting items from raw resources.

How would you suggest the rate/rewards from Voucher Shop and WB rankings?
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Who knows? All of these would be welcome rewards from players of every respect, if you rank them right, cashers will spend even more to get them while free to light cashers can also reap the benefits from it. I don't have all the ideas, but I think there is some merit to this. Maybe rewards for speed runs in MP's, etc., or just plain make harvesting copper actually fun, maybe some bounty quest rewards...the options are endless but the idea stays the same.

Comment

I like this thread, its nice that someone took the time to look through the other posts and has put some thought into it. Only mod i would make it to point 2 as the vouchers are going in the next update.

Necropolis as mentioned above is pointless

WB rankings i originally though as anichaos but ive given it a bit more thought maybe something like a banded ranking so

1-50 x amount (its too early brains not capable of thinking this far ahead)
          51-100 x amount
          101-150 x amount
          151-200 x amount

Comment

i salute u sir! u have a brilliant idea and u also take consideration for those non cashier players.. thumbs up!

Comment

I'd rather see an increase in Insignias from the current methods than add new ones, just so people show up for GB, and work harder for Arena

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                I'd rather see an increase in Insignias from the current methods than add new ones, just so people show up for GB, and work harder for Arena
                OP's problem... is that he couldn't get into GB because his guild is always full (and I don't really think anyone would want to move Guilds just because of this, especially if you have contribution saved up or is in a high level/maxed guild)

For Arena, sure.

Also,
                1-50 x amount (its too early brains not capable of thinking this far ahead)
                51-100 x amount
                101-150 x amount
                151-200 x amount
                That might be interesting, maybe something like

1-10 = 200 Insig
                11-50 = 150 Insig
                51-100 = 50 Insig
                101-200 = 25 Insig
                201+ = 5 Insig (everyone gets 5 Insig just for attending WB)

My previous post was just in case ppls start complaining about it, lol.

But if you make it a reasonable amount, it would be good. (not something like Rank 1-10 gets 500 Insig... that would be too OP)

Comment

You know, I may be wrong, and I only play on one server, but I was thinking of ways that more of these free players, light cashers (things like level 1 wings, VIP only) and the average player can capitalize on. I rarely see anyone in these categories make 1-10 in WB. Like daily quests, devotion rewards, maybe even a plant in the farm shop for gold. I don't know if this is server specific, but the more we merge, the more we lose. I don't know if this is the gameplan, but these servers are starting to fill up with people who just want to win, bicker, argue, undermine and flat out are disrespectful. The people that make the game fun & light and basically just enjoy good conversation are leaving in droves. People are camping spawns in Battlegrounds and these guys can't even get anywhere. I understand this, I even see why they do it, it just makes the people that should be staying leave the game. If we had some ways to gain Insignias through daily activity, PvE events, anything really, I think it would start to change some of this. It is a pretty small thing to ask for. Maybe even up the dungeon rewards by friendship level, that is something that everyone can get. Who knows, R2 may come out with a fair and balanced update someday and I think it would be awesome to see more Insignias being a part of it.

Comment

ur point of view will benefit us all especially those who wont be able to join GB or arena..

Comment

Maybe the devs could utilize the homstead. Collect raw materials and make insignia, whips etc there as a different source for these items. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Nallig View Post
                        Maybe the devs could utilize the homstead. Collect raw materials and make insignia, whips etc there as a different source for these items. Just a thought
                        Meh, if it's this, it'll just be placed under Synthesizing Section in Blacksmith.

Comment

Working...
                        X