Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Great sacrifice to help Sinner win mage class war

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R23087068
    started a topic Great sacrifice to help Sinner win mage class war

Great sacrifice to help Sinner win mage class war

Inga, the GM of number 1 GvG guild Warlords (S2) until 2 days ago, transferred GM to Sinner just before the GvG Finals and Class War Finals so that Sinner could have the Therion-Sands Rider for the Class War Finals. She ended up being ranked 96th in the Class War Finals. We love Inga for her sacrifice.

• CondorHero
    replied
    To prevent this from degenerating further: OP, may I ask that you request a mod to close this thread?

Leave a comment:

• davisz
    replied
    i'm not sure why anyone care about passing GL over. My guild does it all the time and i'm sure a lot of other guilds do it too to give the mount to another person. Too much hate lol. It's only a game, yet people take it so seriously like this is their life lolol.
    Last edited by davisz; 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Inge622 View Post
    Hi all, this is Inga - and since I am in the UK on business and not able to log in well on intermittent hotel internet, I didn't actually see this post until now. Just to clarify a few points:
    1) The decision to transfer guild leadership and to whom is STRICTLY mine. I chose Sinner for a multitude of reasons, none having anything to do with seniority but rather more about my respect for him as a conscientious, supportive and dedicated player. Having said that, the added potential that he might get the Therion was a bonus to him for taking on the work of running Warlords for the week I am gone. When I return, I will resume guild leadership.
    2) My flight left Saturday night during Class wars - so no, I wasn't able to log on and participate. Yes I ended up at 96 since I had the highest BR of the winners of round one that weren't able to join the finals.
    3) Jeffhawk and Evil Empire - Please, please get a life. Our world doesn't revolve around this game - we are and will continue to be number one guild because we treat our players with respect, help each other grow, and work as a team. So please stop with the petty and snide comments towards our members, especially Sinner. He has worked for what Jeffhawk, you have bought. You (and your pilots, I should add) should go back to enjoying the game in the spirit it was intended.
    Hi Inga, please read the posts carefully.

i) I responded by laying out the facts (sequence of events, who akacadabra was not, and why br matters) after Countess (who identified herself as being from Warlords) accused Avian of being akacadabra.
    ii) It is not clear that any of the other posts in this thread are from Evil Empire guildies. At the minimum, akacadabra has acknowledged that he is NOT from Evil Empire.
    iii) Sinner and I are both heavy cashers, though it is likely that I cash more than Sinner. The cold hard truth is that in a pay-to-win game, there is no way that Sinner and I (or any of the top br players) could have gotten our battle ratings without heavy cashing (e.g., on mounts). But it is also clear that both Sinner and I play very hard, as can be seen by our daily and overall xp gain. So I think we should be fair not to classify one as a player and the other as a payer.
    iv) Not sure how Warlords are and will continue to be the number 1 GvG guild is relevant to this thread. So no comments on that.

Anyway, I am not posting anymore on this thread. Too much negativity.
    Last edited by jeffhawk; 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R216842175
    replied
    Grats with the win jeffhawk you were the better player that day despite having guild horse disadvantage.

Leave a comment:

• Inge622
    replied
    Hi all, this is Inga - and since I am in the UK on business and not able to log in well on intermittent hotel internet, I didn't actually see this post until now. Just to clarify a few points:
    1) The decision to transfer guild leadership and to whom is STRICTLY mine. I chose Sinner for a multitude of reasons, none having anything to do with seniority but rather more about my respect for him as a conscientious, supportive and dedicated player. Having said that, the added potential that he might get the Therion was a bonus to him for taking on the work of running Warlords for the week I am gone. When I return, I will resume guild leadership.
    2) My flight left Saturday night during Class wars - so no, I wasn't able to log on and participate. Yes I ended up at 96 since I had the highest BR of the winners of round one that weren't able to join the finals.
    3) Jeffhawk and Evil Empire - Please, please get a life. Our world doesn't revolve around this game - we are and will continue to be number one guild because we treat our players with respect, help each other grow, and work as a team. So please stop with the petty and snide comments towards our members, especially Sinner. He has worked for what Jeffhawk, you have bought. You (and your pilots, I should add) should go back to enjoying the game in the spirit it was intended.
    Last edited by Inge622; 07-23-2013, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    i dont know any of you guys but i dont understand why someone has to justify himself for getting the gb-mount, no matter for what reason. when our server was new and we were a rank 1 guild we used to give the mount to ppl who needed it for catacombs or whatever. i dont know whats wrong with that even if it might have changed the BR ranking for cw... stop whining.

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    Originally posted by adakadabra View Post
    I am not from the same guild as Avian (or jeffhawk for that matter).

"Some folks really need to stop caring so much about the stats of others and learn to focus on their own for growth.” Mount whipping to boost battle rating is not focusing on own growth but taking your GM’s horse to boost your battle rating is?.
    I simply suggested stop looking at others and attempting to do the same, there are many different ways to play and one can accomplish just as much if not more if they focus on raising other stats (or other things like runes).
    "But here's the proof, so that you can sleep better at night" Proof of what? Proof that Inga transferred guild leadership to you 13 mins before GvG Final. Seems more like a confession. And why should jeffhawk not sleep well? He is the new Sorceror who just won more than 50k glory crystals..
    Proof that it wasn't a result of something as potentially suspicious as might be insinuated (i.e. had I not been GL for the GB and still gotten the horse).
    Issue of suspicion relating to transfer:
    A transfer of GM to a newbie GM 13 mins before GvG final just before Class War Finals does not raise suspicion that the transfer was done to boost battle rating for class war but was a normal transition of leadership? Maybe need shorter time to raise suspicion. 1 sec before GvG final???.

Most honest statement:
    “There is no case that needs helping, it's allowed.” Sinner finally admitted he took Inga’s horse to boost his battle rating. I like his idea of focusing on his own for growth.
    What was done wasn't done as selfishly as people are making it out to be, but there is no possible way to explain something when some people make up their minds about a situation before they actually bother to get the scoop concerning it. The Guild Lead transfer was discussed the entire week prior to it both in guild chat and among the Guild Leader and Assistants. Please, explain to me how I am a "newbie" in Warlords? If you know anything about Warlords and my history with the guild, you likely wouldn't make such a claim. As Jeff pointed out, Seral also makes a very logical choice to be the temporary GL due to his history and involvement, but Seral sometimes has work conflicting with guild-based activities (Tree, DA).

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Sinner did nothing wrong o.o So what if she boosted BR and stats to have a better chance at Class Wars, we'd all do it if we could. How many potted + Crit and + Patk scrolls just to raise their BR to get a better place?

Leave a comment:

• adakadabra
    replied
    I am not from the same guild as Avian (or jeffhawk for that matter).

Funny quotes from Sinner from above threads:
    "In fact, said I doubt I'd make top 3. " Did anyone who wagered in the mage class war have similar doubts? Is there anyone who did not put Sinner as top 3 (even before knowing he took Inga's mount)? Did anyone who looked at the leaders board prior to the official results have similar doubts?

"Some folks really need to stop caring so much about the stats of others and learn to focus on their own for growth.” Mount whipping to boost battle rating is not focusing on own growth but taking your GM’s horse to boost your battle rating is?

"But here's the proof, so that you can sleep better at night" Proof of what? Proof that Inga transferred guild leadership to you 13 mins before GvG Final. Seems more like a confession. And why should jeffhawk not sleep well? He is the new Sorceror who just won more than 50k glory crystals.

Issue of suspicion relating to transfer:
    A transfer of GM to a newbie GM 13 mins before GvG final just before Class War Finals does not raise suspicion that the transfer was done to boost battle rating for class war but was a normal transition of leadership? Maybe need shorter time to raise suspicion. 1 sec before GvG final???

Most honest statement:
    “There is no case that needs helping, it's allowed.” Sinner finally admitted he took Inga’s horse to boost his battle rating. I like his idea of focusing on his own for growth.
    Last edited by adakadabra; 07-23-2013, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    There is no case that needs helping, it's allowed. Nothing to hide, not trying to make a case.

Leave a comment:

• R23075343
    replied
    But that post simply showed that Inga transferred guild leadership to you 13 mins before GvG Finals so that you can have the mount. July 19 19:47 is 13 mins before Finals right (hope I got my timing right)? How does that help your case?
    Last edited by R23075343; 07-22-2013, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    Originally posted by R23075343 View Post
    Obviously, Inga had to transfer guild ownership to you for you to be in possession of the Therion-Sands rider and the transfer clearly happened some time just before the GvG finals. What is the objective of the screenshot?
    When someone claims something is "suspicious" it's usually because they lack evidence to prove one way or another. Just figured I'd put the situation to rest and provide the evidence they seek.

Leave a comment:

• R23075343
    replied
    Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
    See above.
    Obviously, Inga had to transfer guild ownership to you for you to be in possession of the Therion-Sands rider and the transfer clearly happened some time just before the GvG finals. What is the objective of the screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• SinnedWill
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffhawk View Post
    I don't normally like to get involved in forum posts because they are typically negative. However, I think that there needs to be some important clarifications, especially since Sinner was talking about evidence and Countess's strange rant.

1) Timing of events leading to Sinner's possession of Inga's horse was clearly suspicious. Sinner's account might be true; I have no evidence against his account.

Fri Final GvG at 8 pm: Inga was in battle and was in possession of the Therion-Sands Rider
    Fri past midnight: Inga logged into account and was suddenly not the number 1 guild leader (system message did not indicate her as number 1 guild leader). There was a lot of chat on the server about what happened to Inga. I asked a couple of friends from Warlords but they had no idea what happened. Some of us checked Sinner's profile and found, to our surprise, that Sinner was in possession of the Therion-Sands Rider.
    Sat Class War at 8 pm: Sinner enters class war with Therion-Sands Rider

To the best of my knowledge, Sinner had not been a GM prior to the class war. He was not the GM of the guild (Sanctuary) that merged with Warlords after the server merge. In fact, Seral was the GM of the other guild (PirateCode) that merged with Warlords and would seem like a more natural choice given his longer relationship with Inga (both Seral and Inga started Wartune at the same server) and his prior credentials as GM. As an aside, Seral is the top archer of the server and was in the Class War Finals.

2) Avian is NOT adakadabra. I have investigated and have hard evidence of that; I have seen screenshots of Avian's account. I understand that Countess is a good friend of Sinner and were from the same guild that merged with Warlords after the server merge. But using mis-directed and false character assassination to try to discredit only makes matter looks worse.

3) Battle rating matters in class wars. I was expecting the same number of wins as Sinner but I wagered on 1. jeffhawk 2. Sinner. because my battle rating before Sinner took Inga's mount was higher; I placed my wager before knowing about the mount transfer. And I know many mages on the East Coast servers did the same exactly because of the battle rating ranking. As indicated earlier, even though Malleus's battle rating would not have made him a natural number 3 in wager, I respect his skills and put him as number 3 in my wager. It was a highly risky bet that paid off because if Malleus had the same number of wins as a few of the higher battle rating mages (e.g., Lord Yarash - the natural choice), I would have lost the wager. As far as I know, most mages put Lord Yarash as number 3.

To sum it all, something suspicious happened in the last Class War but I think it is time to stop the negativity.
    See above.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X