Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

If you can only use one or 2 of the below, which ones would you be using?

(which ones For Battle Ground, Arena solo, Group Arena, Guild Battle)
    (which ones for Archer, Mage, Knight)
    (+/- Gems, equip bonuses & Medallions)

(Count the below as Lv.5 astral of Red/Orange - or just same level astrals)

Fortitude - reduce Physical Damage taken
    Willpower - reduce Magical Damage taken
    Goddess Bless - reduce General Damage taken
    Enshieldment - reduce up to 50% Damage taken
    Illusion - 10% chance to reduce Damage taken to 1
    Aegis - reduce fixed amount of Damage taken

Anyone know any formula for Physical & Magical Defense?

How much Block do you need before you can start Block/Dodge for 10%+ rate?

Is it wise to use both Enshieldment and Illusion at same time?

What happens if you use Goddess Blessing and Enshieldment at same time? will it get combined reduce when Dodge?

Is using the above Goddess Blessing + Enshieldment combo better than using Fortitude + Willpower combo?
    What about using Goddess Blessing + Fortitude (or GB + Willpower)?
    How about Goddess Blessing + Illusion?

Or Enshieldment + either Fortitude or Willpower?
    Or is Fortitude + Willpower the best Damage Reduction combo?
    Last edited by anichaos; 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM.

Lol...pat/matk pdef and mdef is main choice...So dont know why you asking about that.
    Next thing, block astro dont reduce dmg - this astro add you block and then rise up chance to blok/dodge.
    But to the point.
    Archer : patk/crit/mdef/pdef/determination/gb/block and endgame runtheless or something like that
    Mage and knight base setup is same...matk pdef wd mdef gb ,block ,guard angel and ilusion...
    Ofc you can try other setup but this is basic - many ppl many bulids
    Your optional astro comBos...Hmm idk what more to say then - you play 1 week ? Bcs dont know many ppl with problem like... Should I use mdef pdef astro?
    Last edited by miQQQs; 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM.

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Yes, for Block, I mean when it procs it reduces damage taken by up to 50%.

And the point of this thread was...

If you can only use one or 2 of the below, which ones would you be using?
      The combos you stated have 7 / 8 astrals equipped (that's level 70/80)

I am talking about general (all levels), such as having 3 astral spots to 8 astral spots.

Where in instances you can only have 4 Astrals, what would you equip than? or 5 astrals, etc.

Lets use level 50s, since that's the most common level. (5 astrals)

Archer already equipped with Patk, Crit, Determination. What other 2 will you be using, P/M def, or remove one and use Goddess Blessing?

Mage / Knight equipped with P/Matk, Will Destroyer, Block. What other 2 will you be using?

The main point is to compare which combo of Damage Reducing Astrals is best used together.

Such as having 5 astral slots, Patk, Will Destroyer, Block, P def, M def. would you remove one of them to add in Goddess Blessing?

And in which situations would you use which combo.

IE: Arena Solo, facing up against a Knight, you most likely would remove Mdef and add in another Astral.
      Group Arena, would you be using Illusion?
      Battle Ground, P/M Def, or one of those + Goddess Blessing?

Those are the type of things to think about.
      Last edited by anichaos; 07-22-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        Yes, for Block, I mean when it procs it reduces damage taken by up to 50%.

And the point of this thread was...

The combos you stated have 7 / 8 astrals equipped (that's level 70/80)

I am talking about general (all levels), such as having 3 astral spots to 8 astral spots.

Where in instances you can only have 4 Astrals, what would you equip than? or 5 astrals, etc.

Lets use level 50s, since that's the most common level. (5 astrals)

Archer already equipped with Patk, Crit, Determination. What other 2 will you be using, P/M def, or remove one and use Goddess Blessing?

Mage / Knight equipped with P/Matk, Will Destroyer, Block. What other 2 will you be using?

The main point is to compare which combo of Damage Reducing Astrals is best used together.

Such as having 5 astral slots, Patk, Will Destroyer, Block, P def, M def. would you remove one of them to add in Goddess Blessing?

IE: Arena Solo, facing up against a Knight, you most likely would remove Mdef and add in another Astral.

All depends of how much block you can get...if you have 2000 block, this is not god enaught for replace gb to block astro.
        Next thing...arena, you cant think you meet this or that class - the best option is universal bulid.
        Yeah i show 8 astro bulid but start with most important and falow this idea...So 1st 5 astros are the best option...you are archer right?
        So you use patk mdef pdef dete i crit at 50v,at 60 next is gb.
        For mage and knight the best setup is atk 2xdef gb and wd, later block i think ... Dont try find new america

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I am still in mid of trying to find the formula for Physical, Magical Def and Block.

Cause right now we can only estimate how much do they each reduce or inc proc rate.

(the ones you wrote were correct, but I was just looking to see what ppls idea are on which Defensive Astral they'll use if they don't have the Astral Slots for all the good ones, pick-and-choose is what I am looking for, lol)

An example is you got a P.def astral that increase P.def by 1080 vs. -15% dmg taken from Goddess Blessing

Does 1080 amounts to -15% dmg?

In this case, would you use both P/M.def or switch one of them with Goddess Blessing?

(but you already answered that you're using both P/M.def instead of Goddess Blessing)

Or the Block vs Goddess Blessing (which you also answered)
          If you can get more than 2000 Block, would you use Enshieldment Astral over Goddess Blessing?
          Last edited by anichaos; 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Lol...if you use 1080 v5 mdef astro you get 1080 more mdef...So if someone have 10k matk and you with astro 8k mdef he hit you 10-8/2=1000 but without this astro 10-7/2=1500...
            What do you here dont understand?
            About block,like crit 100 block = 1.5-2% rate so with 1000 block you have 15% to block and get 50% dmg reduction...

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

can i ask an innocent question?
              Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
              10-8/2=1000
              why did you divided it by 2 or where did you get the idea that it should be divided?
              I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
              and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
                can i ask an innocent question?

why did you divided it by 2 or where did you get the idea that it should be divided?
                From many patches ago (i.e November 2012), the formula for calculating damage is rumored to be (Attack-Defense)/2.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post

Firstly - No standard Mage uses block at level 50.

Most lvl 50 Mages run with: MATK, MDEF, PDEF, Will Destroyer & Goddess Blessing
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

im very sorry to say that im against about that formula, there many factors needs to be consider in-order to rcv and inflict dmg,
                    factors like this one Click image for larger version

Name:	rf6s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1672062
                    and this Click image for larger version

Name:	fsta.jpg
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1672063
                    and lastly this one Click image for larger version

Name:	mxyx.jpg
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1672064

dividing it by 2 doesnt have the significance but in the other side of the coin, im not saying im correct
                    I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.

Comment

im very sorry to say that im against about that formula, there many factors needs to be consider in-order to rcv and inflict dmg,
                      factors like this one [ATTACH=CONFIG]48683[/ATTACH]
                      and this [ATTACH=CONFIG]48684[/ATTACH]
                      and lastly this one [ATTACH=CONFIG]48685[/ATTACH]

dividing it by 2 doesnt have the significance but in the other side of the coin, im not saying im correct
                      Yes, Mr. Obvious.

I'm just stating that that is the base damage, before multipliers.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        Yes, Mr. Obvious.

I'm just stating that that is the base damage, before multipliers.
                        well if its a base damage, my question is why 2? where 2 came from? how 2 can be included in the formula? it doesnt make sense.
                        i assumed you answered it already
                        the formula for calculating damage is rumored to be (Attack-Defense)/2.

Comment

well if its a base damage, my question is why 2? where 2 came from? how 2 can be included in the formula? it doesnt make sense.
                          Can you have wings in real life? Can you cast magic in real life? Does the game make sense?

I assumed you know the answers already.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Can you have wings in real life? Can you cast magic in real life? Does the game make sense?
                            lol how is that related to my question, coz the Game uses Math to make sense and Math is real,

if u dont know the answer im looking just nvm me.

Comment

lol how is that related to my question, coz the Game uses Math to make sense and Math is real,

if u dont know the answer im looking just nvm me.
                              How does dividing by 2 not make sense? Do you have another formula you propose? If you do and you think it is better, write your own game?

http://wartune.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...ge_Calculation
                              Last edited by CondorHero; 07-23-2013, 05:06 AM.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X