Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anichaos
    started a topic Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

If you can only use one or 2 of the below, which ones would you be using?

(which ones For Battle Ground, Arena solo, Group Arena, Guild Battle)
    (which ones for Archer, Mage, Knight)
    (+/- Gems, equip bonuses & Medallions)

(Count the below as Lv.5 astral of Red/Orange - or just same level astrals)

Fortitude - reduce Physical Damage taken
    Willpower - reduce Magical Damage taken
    Goddess Bless - reduce General Damage taken
    Enshieldment - reduce up to 50% Damage taken
    Illusion - 10% chance to reduce Damage taken to 1
    Aegis - reduce fixed amount of Damage taken

Anyone know any formula for Physical & Magical Defense?

How much Block do you need before you can start Block/Dodge for 10%+ rate?

Is it wise to use both Enshieldment and Illusion at same time?

What happens if you use Goddess Blessing and Enshieldment at same time? will it get combined reduce when Dodge?

Is using the above Goddess Blessing + Enshieldment combo better than using Fortitude + Willpower combo?
    What about using Goddess Blessing + Fortitude (or GB + Willpower)?
    How about Goddess Blessing + Illusion?

Or Enshieldment + either Fortitude or Willpower?
    Or is Fortitude + Willpower the best Damage Reduction combo?
    Last edited by anichaos; 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM.

• Telstar
    replied
    Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    You fight with him or from where you get 8k crit and 60% on pvp? ppl with 4k have more then 60% ... So sry
    There is a fact that both u and Ginger are missing here: crit chance is inversely proportional to the defence of the opponent.
    The BASE crit rate may well be the sqrt, but the actual one varies. WB is a good test.

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Originally posted by anichaos View Post
    Yea, what you said is basically Def = estimated fixed value

IE:
    12000 - 8000 = 2000 dmg done on you
    whereas with GB
    12000 - 7000 = 3000 dmg done on you THAN calc = 3000 x 0.15 = 450, 3000 - 450 = 2550

In this case, Def Astrals would be a much better deal than Goddess Blessing.

(I am talking about "one or the other" situations, see previous sentences - if you can pick and choose to only equip one def astral + goddess blessing)

Like in situations where you have either high P/Mdef, you may choose to replace the already high Def with Goddess Blessing to increase your weaker Def's dmg reduce.
    IE: you have 12000 Pdef, but only 8000 Mdef, you could remove Pdef astral and equip Goddess Blessing to decrease Magic damage taken. (where instead of taking 2000 Mdmg, you take 1700 Mdmg, But takes in more Pdmg.)

The one at the top of each server list is latest (highest server number)

Although... the "new server are good for new people" aren't exactly true.
    (might be to some extent)
    However, new servers are mostly made so ppls can be "best" of their server by starting out with huge loads of cash. (proven)
    Not to mention all server will get merged with older server anyways, so you won't be "new" for long.
    Last server merge was on a 3 week old server.. LOL

Plus PvP are mostly cross-servered, so this part doesn't matter what server you're on.
    Ehh...men...and whats now? At 59v you never have enaught def, as a archer at 60v you get next astro - gb and where problem?
    Mages and knights can even use it at 50v with wd combo... i think we end

Leave a comment:

• anichaos
    replied
    Men...*** are you talking about xD your def dont work with % reduction...Ehh i mean if you have 8k def and someone 12 atk you get 2k base dmg,now you have 15% reduction so 2000*1.15=300,2000-300= 1700...that this works.
    Crit and block formuła...Ask r2 or 7r - good luck with answer
    Yea, what you said is basically Def = estimated fixed value

IE:
    12000 - 8000 = 2000 dmg done on you
    whereas with GB
    12000 - 7000 = 3000 dmg done on you THAN calc = 3000 x 0.15 = 450, 3000 - 450 = 2550

In this case, Def Astrals would be a much better deal than Goddess Blessing.

(I am talking about "one or the other" situations, see previous sentences - if you can pick and choose to only equip one def astral + goddess blessing)

Like in situations where you have either high P/Mdef, you may choose to replace the already high Def with Goddess Blessing to increase your weaker Def's dmg reduce.
    IE: you have 12000 Pdef, but only 8000 Mdef, you could remove Pdef astral and equip Goddess Blessing to decrease Magic damage taken. (where instead of taking 2000 Mdmg, you take 1700 Mdmg, But takes in more Pdmg.)

could anybody tell me what the latest server is because ive heard new servers are good for new people
    The one at the top of each server list is latest (highest server number)

Although... the "new server are good for new people" aren't exactly true.
    (might be to some extent)
    However, new servers are mostly made so ppls can be "best" of their server by starting out with huge loads of cash. (proven)
    Not to mention all server will get merged with older server anyways, so you won't be "new" for long.
    Last server merge was on a 3 week old server.. LOL

Plus PvP are mostly cross-servered, so this part doesn't matter what server you're on.
    Last edited by anichaos; 07-23-2013, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• W1ZED0G
    replied
    could anybody tell me what the latest server is because ive heard new servers are good for new people

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Originally posted by anichaos View Post
    We need an official formula... all these theory is making my head explode.

The bases I am trying to figure out was as posted before, 1080 def vs 15% dmg reduction. (lets say this was on a level 54) how much damage reduction would 1080 had reduce.

Such as maybe 100 def either reduce dmg taken by "value" 100 dmg, or "percent" 1%, etc (which I have no idea which)
    If it goes by %, that means 15% dmg reduction would require 1500 defense (in which if it's this, 15% goddess blessing would be a better choice than the other def astrals - if you can pick and choose to only equip one def astral + goddess blessing)

As for Crit and Block... it's even harder to figure out, since it looks like 4000 used to be the base 100% chance, but now it's somewhere in 6000ish... so this means Block's rate might also have been changed, like 2000 used to be 50%, but now it's 4000?
    (I have no idea on the numbers, just a guess based on previous threads)

Or if you have a high enough Block Rate (enshieldment astral), would you use it in place of another Defensive Astral that you are already wearing. (since Blocking/ Dodging reduce dmg by up to 50%)

However, I heard that ppls said Block/Dodging doesn't reduce Crit Dmg?
    Men...*** are you talking about xD your def dont work with % reduction...Ehh i mean if you have 8k def and someone 12 atk you get 2k base dmg,now you have 15% reduction so 2000*1.15=300,2000-300= 1700...that this works.
    Crit and block formuła...Ask r2 or 7r - good luck with answer

Leave a comment:

• anichaos
    replied
    We need an official formula... all these theory is making my head explode.

The bases I am trying to figure out was as posted before, 1080 def vs 15% dmg reduction. (lets say this was on a level 54) how much damage reduction would 1080 had reduce.

Such as maybe 100 def either reduce dmg taken by "value" 100 dmg, or "percent" 1%, etc (which I have no idea which)
    If it goes by %, that means 15% dmg reduction would require 1500 defense (in which if it's this, 15% goddess blessing would be a better choice than the other def astrals - if you can pick and choose to only equip one def astral + goddess blessing)

As for Crit and Block... it's even harder to figure out, since it looks like 4000 used to be the base 100% chance, but now it's somewhere in 6000ish... so this means Block's rate might also have been changed, like 2000 used to be 50%, but now it's 4000?
    (I have no idea on the numbers, just a guess based on previous threads)

Or if you have a high enough Block Rate (enshieldment astral), would you use it in place of another Defensive Astral that you are already wearing. (since Blocking/ Dodging reduce dmg by up to 50%)

However, I heard that ppls said Block/Dodging doesn't reduce Crit Dmg?

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    We're arguing two sides of the same coin here.

The exponential growth function describes the relationship of percentage chance in relation to stat.

Thus: for a 'x'% chance you need *insert exponential growth formula* = 'y' stat needed.

A squareroot function is the reverse process of the above.

I have stat of 'y', *insert squareroot function* = x%age chance of stat proc.
    Blah, you don't get it, nvm.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by winlord View Post
    You're wrong, again. It's not a square root function, it's an exponential growth function. Square root is an exponential growth function too, but it's not the one used ingame. Do you see where your logic malfunctions?
    We're arguing two sides of the same coin here.

The exponential growth function describes the relationship of percentage chance in relation to stat.

Thus: for a 'x'% chance you need *insert exponential growth formula* = 'y' stat needed.

A squareroot function is the reverse process of the above.

I have stat of 'y', *insert squareroot function* = x%age chance of stat proc.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    If you take a graph of: y = Crit or Block Stat and x = SQUARE ROOT of y = %age chance for stat to proc, you have a graphic that shows a diminishing return. Which is in it's basis a squareroot function.

I didn't say that my formula was dead on. Just a theory. A proposition.

Please go back and re-read my posts to see that I made that very clear.
    You're wrong, again. It's not a square root function, it's an exponential growth function. Square root is an exponential growth function too, but it's not the one used ingame. Do you see where your logic malfunctions?

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns

It has nothing to do with square root.

This is square root: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_root

While it is an exponential curve, it doesn't necessarily mean it is the exponential curve used ingame (Simple way to refute your statement: Zebq's crit rate with over 8000 crit stat is not 100% on WB and is around 60% on PvP fights)
    You fight with him or from where you get 8k crit and 60% on pvp? ppl with 4k have more then 60% ... So sry

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    If you take a graph of: y = Crit or Block Stat and x = SQUARE ROOT of y = %age chance for stat to proc, you have a graphic that shows a diminishing return. Which is in it's basis a squareroot function.

I didn't say that my formula was dead on. Just a theory. A proposition.

Please go back and re-read my posts to see that I made that very clear.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    The post you quote is based on my theory of an exponential curve of diminishing returns - a squareroot function.

You say my theory is incorrect in one half of your sentence and correct in the other half...

Please clarify yourself.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns

It has nothing to do with square root.

This is square root: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_root

While it is an exponential curve, it doesn't necessarily mean it is the exponential curve used ingame (Simple way to refute your statement: Zebq's crit rate with over 8000 crit stat is not 100% on WB and is around 60% on PvP fights)
    Last edited by winlord; 07-23-2013, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Dear god...you want show us you discover new america or what? Evry1 know formula atk-def/2=base dmg,ofc this base dmg have floating 90-110%. You dont know this basic things of game? Not my thing - live your knowledge...
    hmm. how should i respond to that coz i didnt asked if everyone knows the formula. actually i've seen the formula long ago but i didnt know that there was a wiki link exist. and from what You said, it only becomes Basic coz everyone knows it and it should be basic coz everyone knows it is the formula. and yes i dont know that's why im asking right?
    Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Your theory is wrong, but your other theory about the rates being on an exponential curve is correct.
    The post you quote is based on my theory of an exponential curve of diminishing returns - a squareroot function.

You say my theory is incorrect in one half of your sentence and correct in the other half...

Please clarify yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X