Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Reduction Astrals (which one is better?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winlord
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I have 3073 Block. At a rough guess in normal GvG, 3v3 & MPD's I block maybe 50 to 60% of the time. Going on my theory: it comes out at 55.43% chance to block.

I have 1677 Crit when facing the WB. I would hazard an estimate around 55 to 65% of hits as Crits, when Vs the WB. The 1677 total would give me 40.95% chance to Crit in normal circumstances, given the assumption/theory of the WB 20% buff to Crit, this would boost it to 60.95% chance.
    Your theory is wrong, but your other theory about the rates being on an exponential curve is correct.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by anichaos View Post
    Really?

So Crit is not 0.04 per point fixed like the wikis says?

Cause everyone seems to be basing it that to get 100% crit rate you just need around 4000 crit points.

Even tho Block seems to add same amount of points from Gems, but I do not know if it's the same.

However with your description, I wonder what's the Block rate needed at different levels (30,40,50,60, etc) to have more than 50% rate.

And... I forgot about Aegis, added it in now, LOL. (but no one really uses this, the damage reduce is too low)
    I have 3073 Block. At a rough guess in normal GvG, 3v3 & MPD's I block maybe 50 to 60% of the time. Going on my theory: it comes out at 55.43% chance to block.

I have 1677 Crit when facing the WB. I would hazard an estimate around 55 to 65% of hits as Crits, when Vs the WB. The 1677 total would give me 40.95% chance to Crit in normal circumstances, given the assumption/theory of the WB 20% buff to Crit, this would boost it to 60.95% chance.

Leave a comment:

• anichaos
    replied
    Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    For ~95% crit rate you need more then 5000 crit...each patch nerfs crit...before part 3 patch 1.5 2k crit give you at wb 90% rate and 3.5k 80% at pvp ... Now for 100% crit at wb you need 5k+, for pvp a lot more. Next patches nerfs crit again - thats why archers at patch 2.15 have more then 9k crit if they want 100% rate...same with block i think when i look at 12k block knights
    Whoa... that sucks, it sure does nerf archer into the ground

Since not everyone can obtain that high amount of crit points (especially lowbies or non-cashers)

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Originally posted by anichaos View Post
    Really?

Cause everyone seems to be basing it that to get 100% crit rate you just need around 4000 crit points.

Even tho Block seems to add same amount of points from Gems, but I do not know if it's the same.

However with your description, I wonder what's the Block rate needed at different levels (30,40,50,60, etc) to have more than 50% rate.

And... I forgot about Aegis, added it in now, LOL. (but no one really uses this, the damage reduce is too low)
    For ~95% crit rate you need more then 5000 crit...each patch nerfs crit...before part 3 patch 1.5 2k crit give you at wb 90% rate and 3.5k 80% at pvp ... Now for 100% crit at wb you need 5k+, for pvp a lot more. Next patches nerfs crit again - thats why archers at patch 2.15 have more then 9k crit if they want 100% rate...same with block i think when i look at 12k block knights

Leave a comment:

• anichaos
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I'm certain Block and Crit work off a exponential curve of diminishing return. What this means is: The higher your Block total - the better your block is. But at low levels - 1 point of block = 1 %, at mid levels 1 point of block might equal 0.5% and at really high levels 1 point of block might equal 0.01 percent.

Basically something along the lines of the SQUAREROOT of your total Block or Crit = your percentage chance for it to proc.

Yes, I am theorising/suggesting that to obtain a 100% Block or Crit rate, you need a 10k total.

That basic statement holds pretty true for my amount of Block and Crit.
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
    can i ask another innocent question Condor on which side you really are? lol. now u feeling me.

but according to that link and the description there, "Your damage will be a range centered around the damage." that's why its divided by 2 but if we dig deeply more question will pop-up and i think we should stop here, yes doesnt answer my question but its good that we have reference to use there.
    Dear god...you want show us you discover new america or what? Evry1 know formula atk-def/2=base dmg,ofc this base dmg have floating 90-110%. You dont know this basic things of game? Not my thing - live your knowledge...

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    It is still a rumor. Who wrote the information there? Besides, it still doesn't answer your question of why "2"? Why not "3"? Why not "4"? Why not "1"?
    can i ask another innocent question Condor on which side you really are? lol. now u feeling me.

but according to that link and the description there, "Your damage will be a range centered around the damage." that's why its divided by 2 but if we dig deeply more question will pop-up and i think we should stop here, yes doesnt answer my question but its good that we have reference to use there.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    I'm certain Block and Crit work off a exponential curve of diminishing return. What this means is: The higher your Block total - the better your block is. But at low levels - 1 point of block = 1 %, at mid levels 1 point of block might equal 0.5% and at really high levels 1 point of block might equal 0.01 percent.

Basically something along the lines of the SQUAREROOT of your total Block or Crit = your percentage chance for it to proc.

Yes, I am theorising/suggesting that to obtain a 100% Block or Crit rate, you need a 10k total.

That basic statement holds pretty true for my amount of Block and Crit.

Leave a comment:

• R216842175
    replied
    Block should only be considered if you already have all the fundamental defenses(level 60+)...furthermore its most effective when you have an orange medallion to help boost that stat. There is no reliable way to find what the exact damage reduction would be for the amount of block you have because just like critical its only a %chance of going off. You can get 3 per fight and sometimes 6 or higher, where as with goddess blessing you will always get the same % of damage reduction you invested in and therefore its more reliable. Its estimated that for every 100 block you get 3% chance of dodging, but i don't really believe that because no matter how much block you've got you will never get 100% or even close to that. Without accurate information from devs we will never know the correct formula used for block and thats another reason why it should only be considered when you already have all the fundamental defenses.
    Last edited by R216842175; 07-23-2013, 07:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Telstar
    replied
    Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    All depends of how much block you can get...if you have 2000 block, this is not god enaught for replace gb to block astro.
    How much block # u need?
    I see many archers in top with 2800 block... what $/reduction is that?
    Do u have reference of damage reduction (not for knights)?

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Face-Star View Post
    You can't have Goddess blessing and Aegis at the same time
    They never said you could.

They placed the astrals in order of effectiveness, in their considered opinion. Goddess blessing being the best and Aegis the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Face-Star
    replied
    Originally posted by R216842175 View Post
    Defense astrals....(considering they are orange/red with relatively the same exp)

Goddess blessing>Magic defense/Physical defense>Block>Illusion>Aegis
    You can't have Goddess blessing and Aegis at the same time

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
    then you shouldnt said it was rumored formula when you have the link in the in the 1st place, its more convincing that way
    It is still a rumor. Who wrote the information there? Besides, it still doesn't answer your question of why "2"? Why not "3"? Why not "4"? Why not "1"?

Leave a comment:

• R27560757SpeeDHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    the formula for calculating damage is rumored to be
    then you shouldnt said it was rumored formula when you have the link in the in the 1st place, its more convincing that way

Leave a comment:

• R216842175
    replied
    Defense astrals....(considering they are orange/red with relatively the same exp)

Goddess blessing>Magic defense/Physical defense>Block>Illusion>Aegis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X