Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Wars Finals -- Matchups and Final Ranking ("Tips" in Wagering)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Wars Finals -- Matchups and Final Ranking ("Tips" in Wagering)

I made this post in an attempt to provide a little insight into the matchup in Class Wars final and a slight discussion about the final ranking.

With the same number of wins, a higher BR player will be placed higher on the final ranking. I've seen many posts stating that this is unfair and broken, and that lower BR players deserved to be placed higher up (e.g see post: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ofcourse/page2). To that, I disagree.

Here is the explanation:
    After every round, players are ranked according to their number of wins and BR. In the next round, you are then matched against someone next to you (or close to you). As you win more, the battles get increasingly harder and harder. If you lose,you get a slightly easier battle the next round. It is a self-adjusting mechanism. In the final ranking, even though there are 10 players with 7 wins (say). The player with the highest rank consistently fought and won against players with higher BRs. The player with the lowest rank, on the other hand, fought and won against player of lower BR. Thus, even though all 10 players had 7 wins, the quality of their wins are different.

Number of wins is just a number. It does not reflect the gulf/gap/difficulty of the battles.

As a concluding remark, if you want to be placed in the top 4, you *will* meet the eventual top 3 other many many times in the finals.

So in wagering, do not just look at BR of the players. Make a guess if this player will be able to beat the other few top players, and then place your bet accordingly.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

This is the same in preliminaries, so going by this the system is exploitable by smart players. But of course there are a lot more players here so you are less likely to face the same opponents multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by R216842175 View Post
      This is the same in preliminaries, so going by this the system is exploitable by smart players. But of course there are a lot more players here so you are less likely to face the same opponents multiple times.
      The scoring system is different for prelims and finals. 1 point for a win, 0 for a loss means that ALL wins are important.
      Last edited by CondorHero; 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

mm to be more accurate i'm referring to the quality of opponents.

But thanks! this is very useful info
        Last edited by R216842175; 07-22-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          I made this post in an attempt to provide a little insight into the matchup in Class Wars final and a slight discussion about the final ranking.

With the same number of wins, a higher BR player will be placed higher on the final ranking. I've seen many posts stating that this is unfair and broken, and that lower BR players deserved to be placed higher up (e.g see post: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ofcourse/page2). To that, I disagree.

Here is the explanation:
          After every round, players are ranked according to their number of wins and BR. In the next round, you are then matched against someone next to you (or close to you). As you win more, the battles get increasingly harder and harder. If you lose,you get a slightly easier battle the next round. It is a self-adjusting mechanism. In the final ranking, even though there are 10 players with 7 wins (say). The player with the highest rank consistently fought and won against players with higher BRs. The player with the lowest rank, on the other hand, fought and won against player of lower BR. Thus, even though all 10 players had 7 wins, the quality of their wins are different.

Number of wins is just a number. It does not reflect the gulf/gap/difficulty of the battles.

As a concluding remark, if you want to be placed in the top 4, you *will* meet the eventual top 3 other many many times in the finals.

So in wagering, do not just look at BR of the players. Make a guess if this player will be able to beat the other few top players, and then place your bet accordingly.
          First off congrats on making top 3. I absolutely agree with you that it is neither unfair nor broken that higher BR gets precedence in Class Wars. I still, however, hold out my hopes for making top 3 and shaking the very foundations of logic soon. I really kind of screwed myself this Class Wars and didn't even make the finals for reasons that I am still intently analyzing (I actually think I went for too many HP this time around).

Anyway in conclusion you, jefhawk (and the fact that Yarash apparantly has more money than skill) completely destroyed my wager this month and I am fully blaming you

that is all
          Patryn
          Twisted
          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Good post. The problem with betting in my zone/class is that some people (especially one) hide their equipment almost all the time and are hard to guess. He scre-wed up my wager.
            Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
            I do not exist.
            For real.

Comment

BTW, the BR part we're complaining is when someone leaves the battle just before it ends to go and pop Warrior Call (Cash only) buff to increase their BR by 1000~3000. (thus increasing their Ranking)

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                BTW, the BR part we're complaining is when someone leaves the battle just before it ends to go and pop Warrior Call (Cash only) buff to increase their BR by 1000~3000. (thus increasing their Ranking)
                not working trash.
                BAN-KAI

Joined 14/01/2013

Comment

Working...
                X