Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] PvE Armor Transition

Hi again.

I seem to notice that a common complaint regarding PvE armor is that it takes so long to farm. Obviously this is true; whether one likes it or not is a different story.

What I am suggesting is that the designers add the functionality that a higher level PvE set piece can substitute a lower one in an armor set to gain the set bonuses from the lower level.

For example, I am now close to completing my PvE 40 armor set. After that I will have to farm 800 crystalloids. I will not be able to use any of the items I create until I have them all. If, say, you could craft a PvE 50 staff to go with your PvE 40 armor and equip it for its stats while retaining the lower tier set bonus (and as we all know it's the rage we're all after), this would make for a much smoother transition between the different armor sets, and it would also make collecting all these pieces a less tedious process.

Thoughts?
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

It would help many people, I do see that. However, this would kill the concept of [Gear Set]. Also, I can see many people being lazier with this kind of set up.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

It would not actually kill the concept of the Gear Set since in order to gain the next level tier Gear Set you'd still need all four pieces. For example, if you had the PvE 30 armor you'd still be stuck at +5 rage even with three PvE 40 pieces equipped.

It may make some people lazier but it would also actually entice people who are currently giving up on it and going with their 45, 55 pvp gear to put some time on the armor. So all in all, I think it'd make people take more interest in the game.

Further feedback?
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
        It would help many people, I do see that. However, this would kill the concept of [Gear Set]. Also, I can see many people being lazier with this kind of set up.
        I am not Lazy, just don't have the time and resources to farm enough materials for PvE set (even the non-legend takes me like 1+ month per piece... Legend will take like 2+ month per piece if I am dedicated)

Well, sorta lazy, since I decided to just stick with PvP set for now... doesn't want to go farm PvE set, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          It would not actually kill the concept of the Gear Set since in order to gain the next level tier Gear Set you'd still need all four pieces. For example, if you had the PvE 30 armor you'd still be stuck at +5 rage even with three PvE 40 pieces equipped.

It may make some people lazier but it would also actually entice people who are currently giving up on it and going with their 45, 55 pvp gear to put some time on the armor. So all in all, I think it'd make people take more interest in the game.

Further feedback?
          Still, it would make less people buy Crystaloid Packs! A loss for R2Games indeed!

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
          I am not Lazy, just don't have the time and resources to farm enough materials for PvE set (even the non-legend takes me like 1+ month per piece... Legend will take like 2+ month per piece if I am dedicated)

Well, sorta lazy, since I decided to just stick with PvP set for now... doesn't want to go farm PvE set, LOL.
          Well, seeing how 'lazy' you are, let's just be laid back and let the toon stay like that.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
            Still, it would make less people buy Crystaloid Packs! A loss for R2Games indeed!
            I'm not sure if this is indeed accurate.

Buying crystalloid packs for a full set is very expensive. That's something only a very dedicated player does, and he'd do it anyway to get the top of the top gear.

This change might make obtaining a PvE armor set, not easy, but easy enough to make light cashers and more casual players consider going for a couple crystalloid packs. Maybe you'd see a few less bigger purchases, but a lot more small ones.

Anyway this is pure speculation on my part.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

go ask 7road

Comment

Working...
              X