Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerfs are bad for the game

As the title says, nerf are not good.

Nerf = game designers weaken some effect in the game, giving extreme advantage to those who could use it often before.

Nerfs from the recent past:

1. Instead of finding a nice amount of various free lvl 3-4 runes and using them merrily, (3 different in a battle), now I have to pay balens just to use a lvl 1 (only 2 different in a battle). To improve them, I have to grind for zillions of days in a stupid shotemup game. Rage rune is especially a pain, for most people it's impossible to get, and even who buys it, improving it anywhere is an impossible mission.
    2. In duels, previous rewards were 20-40 vouchers, and a large amount of endurance and charisma potions. Now I get 5-10 vouchers, and potions - although higher level - are much more rare. But I can get roses instead, wow.
    3. Previous class wars, losing wagers got crystals in a 1:1 ratio. Now you got crystal in a 1:2 ratio. That is a 100% price increase in a mere month!

Think of the result of these nerfs:
    1. Without rage runes, some things get much harder or impossible for players who started later. The advantage of those who started earlier grows bigger. And taking away something from players always makes them unhappy. And by the way, the Amnesia rune is not working at all.
    2. Less voucher is one thing, less potions, well, it means no potion, less tactics. It makes me unhappy.
    3. Glory shop prices doubled, Well, wagering is now completely pointless, prices are the same as in normal shop. The previous 1:1 ratio was good, made us happy, we spent balens. Now we wont.

There is a good alternate to nerf: instead of taking away from players, give them!
    The permanent rune system was a good idea. Give back the 3 rune slots, make leveling runes easier, and let players get the rage rune, and people will be happy.
    The lvl 4 potions in duel was a good idea, to bad that the voucher amount was reduced by 300%, restore it to previous state, there was really no point to this nerf.
    Next glory shop, keep it 1:1, add even more items, and you will have a nice income.

And, by the way. I know many people said that. Give either more crystalloids in dungeons, or reduce crystalloid cost of items, or give them in alternate places (spire chest, duel, tank rewards would be perfect). Legendary items should be legendary, hard to get, but why do I need to grind for 9 months to get just a basic set of items corresponding to my level?? The game has nice income, I see it's advertisement is everywhere, but existing players quit by an insane rate. The game is great in the first 2 months, but you have to keep them afterwards too.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Only the rage rune was worth it.

The old brutality, guardian, group healing and healing rune sucks.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      Only the rage rune was worth it.

The old brutality, guardian, group healing and healing rune sucks.
      Yeah new brutal v6+ is awsome^^ i have healing just v1 but is nice too...especialy if someone have v6+

_________

Crit Mage 80v
      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
      X