• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Q] Mages - Crit & Healing questions

Hi advanced players,

I have couple questions about warunte's mechanic:
    1. Mage - Healing - Restoration skill
    I have MTAK 14k + Survival ( passive Talents skill -> +20% for Restoration) + "Enhanced Will Destroyer" Astral (+30% magic damage).
    The description for Restoration is "Restore HP equal to 75%+300 of magic damage to the teammate with the smallest percentage of HP".

Question - why I'm healing from 9k up to 14k?
    Minimum heal should be = (90% * 14K MATK * 75% +300 )* 120%(from Survival talent) = 9750 * 120% = 11.7K heal.
    Maximum heal = (110% * * 14K MATK * 75% +300 )* 120%(from Survival talent) = 14.2K heal.
    At least, it should be 11.7K heal... even if Crit astral and "Enhanced Will Destroyer" is not counted.

Main question: Why Restoration restores only 9K HP?

Also, the Astral "Holy Sniper's Edge" does not affect result.

Note 1: "Enhanced Will Destroyer" has description "Disables crit strike, but regular damage is increased by 50%". it means regular damage is NOT equal to magic damage and not counted in HP restoration.

2. Crit calculation
    The Astral "Enhanced Determination" has "Crit base damage increased by xx%". What does it mean?
    Base damage: your attack +/- 10%
    Final damage:
    version 1: Base damage * (100% + Crit base damage) * crit factor (from 1.25 up to 1.75)?
    version 2: Base damage * (crit factor from 125% to 175% + crit base%)?

For example, You have 20k attack, your opponent have 10K deffence.
    Normal damage should be from (18k-10k)/2 = 4k to (22k-10k)/2 = 6k... 4-6k damage
    with Crit when crit base 50% and you got crit (lets calculate crit factor 1.4):
    version 1: (from 18k to 22K)* (150%) * 1.4 = 37.8K - 46.2K
    damage would be from 13.9K to 18.1K

version 2: (from 18k to 22K) * (1.4+0.5) = 34.2k - 41.8k
    damage would be from 12.1K to 15.8K

Just wanna to know when switch from "Enhanced Will Destroyer" to Crit build...

Thanks in advance.
    With Best Regards...
    Last edited by mykolag; 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM.

It is my understanding that the Will Destroyer astral does NOT affect the healing amount, while the Critical astral does (as in your heals can crit more.)

This would also explain why Will Destroyer would disable critical hits on a target while not disabling critical heals, but I am unsure of this.

Just my two cents.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Will Destroyer has absolutely no effect on Restoration from what I can tell and it makes sense because Will Destroyer effects DAMAGE which healing is most certainly not. Also in regards to crit heals.......don't hold your breath.

Determination increases the damage that you do when you crit and only when you crit so do your calculations based off of the minimum possible IF you crit.

Changing over? Well I changed over at about 65k BR when I made Imperial Commander. I am currently just shy of 73k BR with just short of 3k crit. It works well in WB/MPs but still leaves a bit to be desired in PvP. Bottom line in my opinion is set yourself up for 3500 crit or higher. Level 8 or 9 red Snipers edge Astral + IC or LD medallion + two level 6 crit gems with Soul engraving around level 25 will have you CLOSE to 3500 if that gives you an idea of what it takes.
      Patryn
      Twisted
      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Thanks a lot for reply.
        Still did not get why getting 9K heal time to time?

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
        ...73k BR with just short of 3k crit. It works well in WB/MPs
        Of cause, WB has multiplier for crit... your 3k crit on World Boss like 5-6k crit in PvP.

but still leaves a bit to be desired in PvP. Bottom line in my opinion is set yourself up for 3500 crit or higher. Level 8 or 9 red Snipers edge Astral + IC or LD medallion + two level 6 crit gems with Soul engraving around level 25 will have you CLOSE to 3500 if that gives you an idea of what it takes.
        Got it, but crit rate depends on your level!
        3500 crit on 55 would have "much" higher rate vs 75 character with the same crit value.

Comment

It depends, sometimes you have debuffs that makes your healing lower...
          If no such things are up i have no idea why it would be that low, with survival

As for crit dmg, base crits without determ do 150% of the base hit in dmg...determ adds addatively to that to my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by mykolag View Post
            Got it, but crit rate depends on your level!
            3500 crit on 55 would have "much" higher rate vs 75 character with the same crit value.
            Well if you can pull off 65k BR and 3k crit at level 55 then go for it. Until then crit build is useless EXCEPT for WB and that just requires switching out a couple Astrals. Anyone can have 1400 crit and do a LOT more damage against WB than normal as long as they have a decent yellow Determination astral.

Regarding the 9k heal thing. Your formula is flawed. Magic Damage = [(Matk-Mdef)/2]+/-10%. Since there is no Mdef involved you take Matk/2 and plug it into the rest of your multipliers. 14k/2=7k so THAT is your BASE before any other modifiers (Like Survival) Hopefully that explains it for you. Be glad it doesn't base itself off of the targets Mdef because you would heal even less.

On a side note. When you ask a question on the boards and somebody gives you an actual answer instead of a line of sarcastic tripe you should accept that answer at face value instead of trying to point out what you think are flaws in it. If you truly feel you know so much about the subject then why ASK? There will be plenty of other people that will come in and try to pick apart the answers given here or offer a differing opinion.

that is all
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Regarding the 9k heal thing. Your formula is flawed. Magic Damage = [(Matk-Mdef)/2]+/-10%. Since there is no Mdef involved you take Matk/2 and plug it into the rest of your multipliers. 14k/2=7k so THAT is your BASE before any other modifiers (Like Survival) Hopefully that explains it for you. Be glad it doesn't base itself off of the targets Mdef because you would heal even less.
              Ok. Thanks. Are You sure about your calculation? By your calculation 7K +/- 10% = from 6.3k to 7.7k... Multiply 75% restoration +300... = from 5025 to 6075... Plus, 20% from Survival = final heal from 6030 to 7290. Does not feet. Or I did not get it correctly...

@gruntar: May be You are right - it's related to debuffs... with Damanation debuff = -10%, minimum heal would be 11.7K heal * 0.9 = 10530... but still not 9K...
              Are You sure crit does 1.5x (without Determination astral)? Need to test it more....

Comment

Originally posted by mykolag View Post
                Ok. Thanks. Are You sure about your calculation? By your calculation 7K +/- 10% = from 6.3k to 7.7k... Multiply 75% restoration +300... = from 5025 to 6075... Plus, 20% from Survival = final heal from 6030 to 7290. Does not feet. Or I did not get it correctly...
                Yeah so I just did the math myself and you are right. The formula I gave you is correct for damage from skills but apparently heals work a little differently. Just remember that there are a LOT of different factors in this game that effect the numbers you see floating across your screen. Heals will also depend on WHO you are healing sometimes. Example, I believe it's knights that have a passive skill which increases the effectiveness of incoming heals.
                Patryn
                Twisted
                S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Working...
                X