guild battle matchups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guild battle matchups

I'm confused about the guild battle match ups. In the thousands of tournaments that I have played in my lifetime and watched when 8 teams make the playoffs then the first round is 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. Assuming that all the top ranked teams win then the semifinal round would be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. Again assuming top teams win then the finals is 1 vs 2. Why is it in guild battle in the semi final 1 vs 3? I think this is wrong and should be fixed.

Thanks

why is it wrong for 1 vs 3

Comment

Well get your guild to #2 then o.o
      If you love a flower, don't pick it up.
      Because if you puck it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
      So if you love a flower, let it be.
      Love it not about possession.
      Love is about appreciation.

Comment

... nevermind ...
        Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 08-06-2013, 04:34 PM.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I think I explained that in my original message.

Comment

haha, on my server, makes no difference if its 2 vs 3, since the #2 guild always beats the #1 guild at the end of the week. and if you think that the difference between the two is very little, theres about a 700k difference between the the br of both guilds.

Comment

Wartune simply doesn't match that way, why I can't say exactly. The first round typically matches up 1 against 5 in first round rather than 1 against 8 like you'd see in a typical American tourney bracket. The rest of the matchups follow the same pattern, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, 4 v 8. It's all designed to matchup 1 v 2 in the finals (assuming no upsets) just like any other bracket is, it simply does it in a slightly different way.

Comment

Working...
              X