Warlock vs Templar at lvl 72

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehlawlfirm View Post
    Hope your kidding lol as Templars don't have the MATK stat...
    No kidding here.

Templars give me MATK.

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Why you have to pick at all.. use both I'm not 72, switching around enlightenment for single troop is painful.
      Use both and you can switch around when you like it. Only have 3 troops at my level 68 atm, templar = matk,
      warlocks = mdef (class wars) and knights = pdef (before templars).
      [morfinnor]
      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Matk enlightement for templars gives you a % of their patk and converts to matk, it doesnt take their matk.

Comment

Ok, the thread changed a little from the start, but I can conclude that Templars are overall the better choice.
          It's a bit weird that the game designers did not think more about this.
          If Templars hp and PDEF are better vs knight/archer and Warlocks should/could be better vs mages, that would be fine. But if the low hp equals out the better MDEF vs mages, all is utterly silly.

Thank you for all who answered my questions.
          I have now something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mim_the_Dwarf View Post
            Hi!

I started with angels long ago, mostly because it was different than the knight everybody else used.
            Then as academy skills was magic troop, I switched to Warlock.

Im a knight at lvl 72 atm.
            How bad or good are warlocks at this stage of the game compared to templars for a knight?
            I do have 149M darus and a friend suggested me to switch to templars?
            Is that a good idea? How many templar lvls do I get from 149M?
            Or do I better stay with warlocks and upgrade enlightment lvl?
            Next time just search what you need on you tube cos there is everything you need there, also there is tmpl vs warlock video which explains why warlocks are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilOne666 View Post
              Hmmm troop AoE is very useful? Just wondering where that might be.

The only place where they dmg really count imo is the world boss and catacombs, everywhere else the important part is hp...
              Actually in PVE against more than 1 will i say i have seen Warlocks kill faster than my templars does due to their AoE.

Their AoE is annoying when i fight knights who are in front and have Warlocks behind them those Warlocks AoE helps him alot against me.

But against single targets are they useless.

Again it all depends on what you do and when and how where they are usefull.

But usefull they are that i must say i have experinced my self.

Comment

Ok, back to the topic at hand...

Global Reason why Templar are better:
                • They hit harder. Especially vs. a Single Target.

For a Mage, Templar are ALWAYS the best choice, and here's a short list as to why:
                • Templar have fairly higher PDef. This is important, as that's where you lack. They buy you more time vs. Archers and Knights (especially).
                • You don't need a Troop w/ MDef because you have high MDef. In a Mage Battle troops are often of no consequence.
                • MAtk Enlightenment works on Templar. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Now I don't play a Knight or Archer, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Archers already have a good advantage on the Mage in the Rock/Paper/Scissors class style we have here. Their weakness is the high PDef Knight. So Archers should naturally favor Templar since they have higher PDef and will buy them a round or two more before a Knight can try and drop a delphic on them.

As to Knights, I might lean towards Warlocks, as Knights lack most in the AoE department and fair worst against Mages. But the innate problem with gearing troops for fighting Mages is that the Mage has 2 really good AoEs that they can chain - so really it isn't buying a Knight any extra time. So the debate comes down to what you want more - the weaker AoE Attacks, or the higher PDef to perhaps hold off an Archer's Delphic 1 turn?

Warlocks would actually be a worthwhile choice if they had the same ability the Angels had (Restoration 20%), but the AoE is fairly lame. In fact, I'd maintain that in a strict PvE scenario, I'd always choose Angels over Warlocks if I were a Knight simply because I'd put them in the back and get a free restoration every 2 or 3 rounds.

By the same token, I'd love to have Templar with the Gryphon Special Attack. Too bad we can move abilities from troop to troop like we can move enlightenments.

Comment

yeah simple as this: no matter what troops u have, it adds to your Matk or Patk. I took patk (im a mage) and it added to my patk. I took matk, it added to my matk. I have templars. So no matter what, the troops at to your attack, just depends if you pick matk or patk. If ur mage, don't take patk, ok? Take matk
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Warlocks are only good for Mage Class Wars, but, if they're high lvls. (Otherwise, use templars if all you want to do is use them to attack)
                    - The Lag Master -
                    S195

Comment

Originally posted by ifabelo View Post
                      Warlocks are only good for Mage Class Wars
                      If they can handle more than 2 AoEs, that is. However, in the ranks of 70k BR and above, Warlocks are peanuts. So, Mage Class War? I don't know man.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        If they can handle more than 2 AoEs, that is. However, in the ranks of 70k BR and above, Warlocks are peanuts. So, Mage Class War? I don't know man.
                        It could pay off to have them with mdef instead of matk ^_^

but to level them up so far, could be levelling up my next level enlightenment. So depends what u want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                          That is a glitch then and your taking advantage of an exploit in the game. You shouldn't be getting matk from patk troops.
                          Excuse me...I always thought of the *ATK boost as from your personal bodyguard. A Knight's attack is based on PATK, so the bodyguard support shows up as a PATK boost even if the bodyguard is MATK troops like warlocks. Inversely for mages.

It's probably five-ish lines of ActionScript to fix, so I think this is a feature, not a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tharlyci View Post
                            Excuse me...I always thought of the *ATK boost as from your personal bodyguard. A Knight's attack is based on PATK, so the bodyguard support shows up as a PATK boost even if the bodyguard is MATK troops like warlocks. Inversely for mages.

It's probably five-ish lines of ActionScript to fix, so I think this is a feature, not a glitch.
                            Yep, it is only a translation error is all..... you get % attack added to Your attack from your troops attack. Doesn't matter if they have patk or matk, u get % attack bonus from their attack. It only matters what attack bonus you want, if you want patk or matk bonus. Think of it as you get % of your troops Attack ... now where do you want to put the extra, matk or patk?

p.s. I still miss Killed more soles than the grim reaper

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                              Well Last time I saw Lvl 75 Warlocks in Class Wars :x , it was a pain in the *** for my Noob mage.
                              - The Lag Master -
                              S195

Comment

Originally posted by dlch90 View Post
                                Yeah trudat. It doesn't matter if it's warlock. Diff troops, same ending.
                                I never understood that, Archer isn't able to to kill templars fast equal level, due to pdef but we kill warlocks faster.
                                Yet for mage it doesn't matter wether its a warlock or templar, they die just as fast, what's going on here...

The more I play the more advantages I see for mage in this game, it becomes a bit of a nuissance.
                                Player Class: Archer
                                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Working...
                                X