Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlock vs Templar at lvl 72

Hi!

I started with angels long ago, mostly because it was different than the knight everybody else used.
    Then as academy skills was magic troop, I switched to Warlock.

Im a knight at lvl 72 atm.
    How bad or good are warlocks at this stage of the game compared to templars for a knight?
    I do have 149M darus and a friend suggested me to switch to templars?
    Is that a good idea? How many templar lvls do I get from 149M?
    Or do I better stay with warlocks and upgrade enlightment lvl?

Warlocks? it's bad in general. You're a knight the more you should be using templar instead of that crappy warlocks. It depends on what your warlock's level is at the moment. Otherwise, i'd hurt your enlighten so badly with the sick amount of daru to get a new troop up to your level AGAIN! While changing your troop is a good idea, it might also be a little too late.

Comment

i feel bad for players that will be changing troop to its lvl counterpart so much daru will be put to waste.. especially with a high lvl troop already

Comment

Originally posted by dlch90 View Post
        Warlocks? it's bad in general. You're a knight the more you should be using templar instead of that crappy warlocks. It depends on what your warlock's level is at the moment. Otherwise, i'd hurt your enlighten so badly with the sick amount of daru to get a new troop up to your level AGAIN! While changing your troop is a good idea, it might also be a little too late.
        +1 Very true, troops are all about being able to tank for you as long as they can but warlocks are very weak tanks and templars of the same level can save u a lot of suffering. Plus the enlight thing u said is true

Comment

Originally posted by dlch90 View Post
          They are at 72 as the knight and enlightment lvl 4.
          I have 149M daru in my inventory. How far will that take my templars if I start them from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Mim_the_Dwarf View Post
            I have 149M daru in my inventory. How far will that take my templars if I start them from scratch?
            probaly 67~72

Comment

Originally posted by Mim_the_Dwarf View Post
              The troop calculator is showing you can get the templars to level 72 with 138m daru.
              So do it. Warlocks are so weak. As an archer, I destroy warlocks including ones at a much higher level than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by R29998503 View Post
                The troop calculator is showing you can get the templars to level 72 with 138m daru.
                So do it. Warlocks are so weak. As an archer, I destroy warlocks including ones at a much higher level than I am.
                however it takes more time for maegs to clear out warlocks thou

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                  however it takes more time for maegs to clear out warlocks thou
                  2aoes and they're gone//same as templars on an even lvl, BR etc basis

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                    2aoes and they're gone//same as templars on an even lvl, BR etc basis
                    Yeah trudat. It doesn't matter if it's warlock. Diff troops, same ending.

Comment

I got my warlocks to lvl 66 when they first came out and regret that decision. I switched to templars and personally think that it's worth it. You will lose 100+ mil daru on the conversion but if you plan on playing long enough, they'll pay for themselves through WB, and that's not even counting that you will be more effective in pvp with troops.

Comment

I'm just feeling sorry for you dude. Painful experience

Comment

Templars Starting Stats:
                          HP: 1852
                          PTAK: 438
                          PDEF: 240
                          MDEF:180

Warlocks Starting Stats:
                          HP: 1667
                          MATK: 438
                          PDEF: 180
                          MDEF: 240

What it boils down to is what you need. If your going by enlightment and you want to stack as much MTAK as possible, then warlocks are the way to go Enlightment wise, Same if you are wanting to stack MDEF. If your goal is to stack PDEF, PTAK , Or HP then Templars are the way to go.

PVP wise for Battle Grounds, Guild Battle, Arena Duels.. Templars are best because they are less Squishy and asborb more damage from the Knight/Archer Class. Where as warlocks are squishy to these two classes.

Warlocks are good because they Aoe which is good for campaigns and Cata for clearing stuff out quicker but most people blitz these so warlocks are kinda useless for pve.

Templars are also better for world boss as they do more direct damage hits on a single target then a warlock does because of there specialty.

So end result, Templars are better then warlocks for PVP & WB where as warlocks are better for campaigns & cata which are blitzed anyways.

If your Going strictly based on Enlightment, then it depends on your class and what you need most of.

Comment

In my opinion, Warlocks are utterly useless when you get pass the barrier of 70k BR.

They do AoEs, sometimes! However, where do you need their AoEs? Concerning the stats, even as a Knight, one WW would kill most mobs you lay your eyes on in Solo Campaigns.

In a fight against a Mage, they prove themselves useful by sitting there a turn longer than Templars? A rotation of RoF, Meteor, RoF, Meteor would actually be more advantagous for the Mage as he/she gets more rage back from hitting more targets. Still, at higher level and troop count, Templars can do the same, also you can actually use them against Knight and Archer.

Finally, if you're looking at the Enlightenment, MAtk or PAtk, both based of the primary offense stat of your troop. So yes, Templars give the same amount of MAtk you can get from Warlocks.

So unless 7Road actually fix the Enlightenment System, Warlocks are simply there for show.
                            The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by Tehlawlfirm View Post
                              What it boils down to is what you need. If your going by enlightment and you want to stack as much MTAK as possible, then warlocks are the way to go Enlightment wise, Same if you are wanting to stack MDEF. If your goal is to stack PDEF, PTAK , Or HP then Templars are the way to go.
                              Incorrect.

If you want MATK, go with Templars...
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X