resting your mount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resting your mount

Can someone tell me if there is any benefit to resting your mount?
    I mean, do you get extra experience, or is it just silliness?

Resting your mount means you are not riding it. No you do not get extra experience while it rests. But you do keep the same attribute boost.
    If you love a flower, don't pick it up.
    Because if you puck it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
    So if you love a flower, let it be.
    Love it not about possession.
    Love is about appreciation.

Comment

And add to that you do not run away from those you help in MP of lower lvl's who do not have the mount lol so they can follow you.

Comment

Originally posted by mstresson View Post
        Can someone tell me if there is any benefit to resting your mount?
        I mean, do you get extra experience, or is it just silliness?
        If you're in that BG group (35-44 I think), it's helpful to dismount, hide the fact that you have a horse and wait for the inevitable attacks...

Comment

Originally posted by Quickpick View Post
          If you're in that BG group (35-44 I think), it's helpful to dismount, hide the fact that you have a horse and wait for the inevitable attacks...
          Wait how would the be helpful? People can easily see you have a mount if your 40+ lvl. in the rankings plus, if someone with a horse is going to attack you, the horse will have an advantage with speed than not equipped.

Comment

Originally posted by XiaSeoung View Post
            Wait how would the be helpful? People can easily see you have a mount if your 40+ lvl. in the rankings plus, if someone with a horse is going to attack you, the horse will have an advantage with speed than not equipped.
            I think he meant that say if your lvl 43 good player then people will attack you if they dont see you riding your mount thinking that your a low level..... its actually a pretty good tactic which i like.... as < 40 people will normally run away from guys in horses so you will have to struggle to get some kills but if u dont ride a horse they will attack you thinking again that your a weak player.... people normally dont check anyone's stats unless that guy becomes unstoppable or close to god

Comment

Resting your mount is not silliness... yeah there are no benefits but it gives u an option to see your character run bare footed... you dont always have to be in your horse right? ..
              Some people may like to relive those low level days when they used to run without any horses etc.. its always nice to have an option

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                I think he meant that say if your lvl 43 good player then people will attack you if they dont see you riding your mount thinking that your a low level..... its actually a pretty good tactic which i like.... as < 40 people will normally run away from guys in horses so you will have to struggle to get some kills but if u dont ride a horse they will attack you thinking again that your a weak player.... people normally dont check anyone's stats unless that guy becomes unstoppable or close to god
                Exactly - it's a great strategy/tactic and it has worked well for me.

Comment

Well thank you for the explanation.

Comment

people normally dont check anyone's stats unless that guy becomes unstoppable or close to god
                    Or if the person has the slightest intelligence. I check the entire list for people's BR and class before the gate ever opens. Need to know your enemy. If you just go in blind you deserve to fall for this kind of "trick".
                    Patryn
                    Twisted
                    S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                    "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                      Or if the person has the slightest intelligence. I check the entire list for people's BR and class before the gate ever opens. Need to know your enemy. If you just go in blind you deserve to fall for this kind of "trick".
                      I agree but it's just you, i said people "normally" don't do it, and you're a pRo..
                      But to be serious don't forget that people in the 30s BG are usually lower than crusader rank so they dont't have to deal with loosing any honor. Hence they can go out there attacking anyone without bothering to check any stats, coz if they win then its very good but if they loose then it's fine too as it will stack dryads.... I think people who have no fears of honor loss(especially if they're lower than crusader) don't really care about the stats of anyone
                      Last edited by kattuktk; 08-10-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I agree but it's just you, i said people "normally" don't do it, and you're a pRo..
                        But to be serious don't forget that people in the 30s BG are usually lower than crusader rank so they dont't have to deal with loosing any honor. Hence they can go out there attacking anyone without bothering to check any stats, coz if they win then its very good but if they loose then it's fine too as it will stack dryads.... I think people who have no fears of honor loss(especially if they're lower than crusader) don't really care about the stats of anyone
                        It's not about fear of honor loss in my case since I don't lose honor. It's about maximizing my honor GAIN by not getting into losing fights or fights that will take overly long.
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Working...
                        X