Sister guild for GB idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister guild for GB idea...

I am a G.M, and it was brought to my attention to create a sister guild to have the excess players who do not make GB go there on those days and join GB there. I mean we would have to make top 8 in BR, and every week make sure that guild makes top 8. But is this a good idea, I mean it means splitting contributions, and guild upgrades and all that, but it was asked, and I have never seen this system being done on other servers.. Input?

We had a sister guild on our server before... but we dropped it.

Because it became too much of a hassle to organize things, build their BR and the no plundering rules... since technically a Sister Guild means you're in the same Guild and should not attack each other.

But as there are always new players coming in, and we don't announce every day every hour about the rules of Sister Guilds... there will always be issues.

Not to mention it is best to focus on one Guild as not everyone would want to join into a lower level guild even if it's a Sister Guild.

Lower level guild means lower level guild buildings and such. (Plus... some building's cool down goes pass 700 hours, that's like a month or so per building upgrade unless some dudes spend more than 100 USD to speed it up... LOL)

Comment

my server had 3 top guilds... 2 of these 3 guilds merged. this caused said problem with too many players for GB, i hear stories of how those who dont fit into "guild 1", ask for a kick, and apply to "guild 2" to compete in GB there, "guild 2" has alot of inactive players, which keeps its br high enough to make the final standings of the top 8.. "guild 2" doesnt do very well, usually coming in 6th - 8th.. but they get the insignia and honor they would usually miss out on from not competing. so when all is said and done. its not a bad idea.

i dont belong to the guild in question, so i dont know how they organise their players, not sure if they send the same people to "guild 2" every gb, or if they mix and match members to make it fair for all...

from what i see it can work, however it would be much more helpfull if said "sister guild" was a pre-established guild which had some "inactive br" to keep it in the standings, with
      an alt account for a G.M to keep things ticking over..

starting over from scratch would mean spending months to build up the guild, then sending enough br before the standings are decided to get sister guild a spot in top 8. alot of hastle...

Comment

You need 7 sister guilds.

That way you can get them into top 8, and then play with yourself week in week out.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

lmfao, Alright, I on the other hand, hate the idea because on fridays the others will miss the rewards from winning GB on fridays. But all I can do is discuss it with my guild and the issues that were said here, and let them vote.

Comment

You must be on a newer server or one that just merged. Give it a month or 2 and filling GB wont be an issue. Besides you don't want to become like the wankers on our server that switches all their top players over to another to rig the GB system how they want it.. (and no R2 doesn't give a flying fig newton abt this scummy play)

Comment

Its a bad idea it ruins it for the other guilds who triese hard to be in GB range and play.

Basicly in the end you forces all to be part of your guild or sister guilds which ruin the server just look at my server they basicly destroy it and gives nothing about it.

Comment

1) The whole idea of GB is that people not attending it will go to other guilds, restoring balance to the server.
                2) One guild should not be overpowering because then the game gets boring.
                3) The only thing lesser guilds have to offer is a spot in GB and you want to remove that little advantage they have.
                I hope EVERYBODY in your server joins your guild and your opponents don't show up in battle. Then you'll be fighting solo against enemy ward tower, kind of like WB with no gold.
                Enjoy...

Comment

Why in gods name would you need a sister guild? When your guild is level 10, that means 210 max members, there's no way it stays full with active people.
                  The goal is to keep the active ones, boot the ones inactive, invite new ones. If a max level guild only had 50 members, then I'd understand.

This game is full of quitters and new joiners, managing your own guild is more than enough.

Also for GB that's not quite fair, means 2 guilds under 1 person basically...
                  Player Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by Noxist View Post
                    I am a G.M, and it was brought to my attention to create a sister guild to have the excess players who do not make GB go there on those days and join GB there. I mean we would have to make top 8 in BR, and every week make sure that guild makes top 8. But is this a good idea, I mean it means splitting contributions, and guild upgrades and all that, but it was asked, and I have never seen this system being done on other servers.. Input?
                    rotate on a br basis..no need for a sister guild
                    EARWAX .. . .... .. ... ...

Comment

This is why I am glad we usually only have about 50-59 people online for GB. Makes life easy.
                      Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.

Comment

Working...
                      X