No announcement yet.

PVP Point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont care if you've been playing like forever.. PVP.. learn what it mean.. what it really means.. now tell me if it is involved in carting. "cross server PVP points" ..its not that hard to understand what the points is from.. from cross server pvp..cross server player vs player

and i would love for the moderator to close this thread

and to tell you i am open minded also.. only what is obvious a right one that doesnt affect(negatively affect) the game.

and i will repeat.. suggesting that carting will give pvp pts even without doing a real pvp is **!

Comment

Tell ya what, Since you are obviously incapable of holding a conversation without raging over this game on a subject once again that will not affect you in anyway shape or form.. I will end this conversation.. Hopefully you will continue with your rants and people browsing this thread will see what a tool you are being.

Oh and btw your opinions don't matter.. if R2 wants they can look at the idea, consider if it is a good idea or not to suggest to 7 roads. So your rants trying to derail the thread or get it closed is not up to you.

Have a good one.
      Last edited by Tehlawlfirm; 08-12-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

bye then.. ill be waiting for more suggestions..i mean irrelevant suggestions.. to come

Comment

ShiKKihS, why are you so against this idea? You make it sound like it insults your very being. How does it "ruin" the game if someone has to spend a whole BG carting (giving up a lot of potential honor) to get about the same pvp points as ONE kill? As stated before, most people get 1k pvp points within the first few days if they're doing arena and BGs anyways so getting a little bit from carting doesn't "ruin" the game. You are so wrapped up in the words "player versus player" that you can't seem to see how this idea will affect the game as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by R27402931 View Post
            ShiKKihS, why are you so against this idea? You make it sound like it insults your very being. How does it "ruin" the game if someone has to spend a whole BG carting (giving up a lot of potential honor) to get about the same pvp points as ONE kill? As stated before, most people get 1k pvp points within the first few days if they're doing arena and BGs anyways so getting a little bit from carting doesn't "ruin" the game. You are so wrapped up in the words "player versus player" that you can't seem to see how this idea will affect the game as a whole.
            you didnt get it.. cross server PVP points.. it means when you battle against someone.. now, ill ask you if where is pvp in that said carting? even my alt that is not full socketed and a lvl4gems can even get a 1k pvp pts for a week for the reward.. i dont see why it is needed to be add in carting w/c i repeat doesnt involve pvp lol

and FYI it does not ruin the game, but it ruined the whole pvp name.. LOOOL if you want to get pts then suggest to change the name of "event" and make it cross server pts or something .. now do you get me?

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
              you didnt get it.. cross server PVP points.. it means when you battle against someone.. now, ill ask you if where is pvp in that said carting? even my alt that is not full socketed and a lvl4gems can even get a 1k pvp pts for a week for the reward.. i dont see why it is needed to be add in carting w/c i repeat doesnt involve pvp lol

and FYI it does not ruin the game, but it ruined the whole pvp name.. LOOOL if you want to get pts then suggest to change the name of "event" and make it cross server pts or something .. now do you get me?
              I do get what you have been saying but I don't think you got my point. You're saying you don't get them for carting because it's not from battle and thus not pvp by definition (I disagree with your definition but it's irrelevant for the point I'm making). I, like you, don't think that carting NEEDS to give pvp points. However, I don't think it hurt any while you seem to think it's bad. Like I said before, you're so wrapped up in the words "player versus player" that you bashed an idea solely because it violate your definition of it even if it doesn't hurt the game.

Now if you want to discuss what we each perceive as pvp, then feel free to send me PM since I don't see why either of us should post anymore in this topic. You made your stance clear and I made mine.

Comment

PVP = Player Vs Player

(Objective of Battleground) Get most points to wit the match

Carting = points

Hence there for players are racing against other players for points.

People forgot the objective of Bgs is to win.. All people do now is focus on gaining honor rather then if their team is winning or not because a difference of 50 insignas isn't a huge difference to a higher level player.

So yes, carting is technically pvp because it's players vs players racing the clock to gain points in battlegrounds to win the game. While I don't care either way if this is implented, I do like the idea of it and respect the suggestion of it. Some people just get mad about the simplest things.

Maybe what they should do is give the cross server points to the winning team, instead of individually so people go back to actually trying to win a bg instead of just farm honor.
                Last edited by Tehlawlfirm; 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

why I was not listed on the 20 people in pvp point,,,?? but my point beat a lot of people who are in the list ....thanks

Comment

why I was not listed on the 20 people in pvp point,,,?? but my point beat a lot of people who are in the list ....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Triady View Post
                      Nice double post there...

The top 20 listed is two days out of date. So if you have 4000 points today, and the #20 in the list has 3000 points, that 3000 points is of two days ago and by now the whole list has a lot more.

Comment

The reason I am against adding PvP points for carting, aside from not fitting into my view of PvP as a direct rather than indirect competition between players...is that if, as you say, it is so easy to get the 1k points needed for a Warrior's Mark (and it is, even 7 days of straight losing in group arena gives 1050 points)...then why do we need even more ways to get PvP points? I'm all for adding new and useful things to a game...but OP fails to make a sufficient case to convince me that it is.

I understand getting honor for carting though...for supporting your team by doing the "less glamorous" job in BG. I'd actually support a significant boost to honor from carting. It's easy to go on a killing spree against weaker enemies and rack up 1k+ honor...it's much harder to slap on a 50% movement debuff and hope to God you don't get chased down by a butcher on the enemy team. That deserves more of a reward than "Here, have 1 honor. Heck, take 3 since I'm feeling generous!" Also, standardize carting rewards into a flat value. Inferior rewards are just a big slap in the face to carters.

Comment

You do a PVP with a player from another server (BG or group arena) you get cross-server PVP points. How about, if you get PVP points for carting,than if a player duels you while you have a cart, and wins, he/she steals your minerals. Seems fair no?
                          IGN: AncientEvil
                          Server: EU-271+merged
                          Class: Archer
                          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                            You do a PVP with a player from another server (BG or group arena) you get cross-server PVP points. How about, if you get PVP points for carting,than if a player duels you while you have a cart, and wins, he/she steals your minerals. Seems fair no?
                            And then the honor farmers will be able to completely deny points to the enemy team and/or amass massive cart stacks to turn in themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                              And then the honor farmers will be able to completely deny points to the enemy team and/or amass massive cart stacks to turn in themselves?
                              yup, but if someone that carts manages to turn in a cart, will receive PVP points, so everyone happy
                              IGN: AncientEvil
                              Server: EU-271+merged
                              Class: Archer
                              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                                Well, technically it amounts to that if people demand points for carting, so you absolutely have to turn your cart in safely to get the points.
                                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Working...
                                X