Archer doublehits in duels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer doublehits in duels

How come archers can get doublehits in duels even against fast moves? I've been hit by regular shot -> doubleshot even when I simply use bolt. Also, you can't use heal rune against them without wasting a turn. I just can't see how I'm supposed to beat archers as a mage, even when they're significantly lower BR.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
    How come archers can get doublehits in duels even against fast moves? I've been hit by regular shot -> doubleshot even when I simply use bolt. Also, you can't use heal rune against them without wasting a turn. I just can't see how I'm supposed to beat archers as a mage, even when they're significantly lower BR.
    archers are made to kill mages lol best ways for mages to kill archers increase your block as much as possible and max thunderer then go with brutality+thunderer=archer dead

Comment

How come archers can get doublehits in duels even against fast moves?
      I (knight) posted a thread with this subject long ago.
      It is apparant when I do Delphic, they always do a double after my Delphic.
      But they also do doubles when I do Slash and UltraSlash which is more concerning.

One rational conclution is that the guy who coded this use or used an archer. But let us hope this is not the case.

Comment

The dbl hit is a mystery, I believe its a bug, noticed it long time ago but noone seems to care...now how to beat an archer, you need to have high troop count, pdef, basically archers are a pain if you below lvl 50, I also had problems with them but since im lvl 50+ I beat most archers I meet in bg, in arena on my server I beat all archers, Ofcourse if u meet heavy casher archer than thats another story, I easly beat archers who have br 5k higher than me, troops are very important here so lvl them in academy, lvl their pdef, mdef, patk ect. I always start fight with brute rune+meteor than rof, bolt,rof and they pretty much dead, I dont even use hs. My troops are templars lvl 53 and I tell you they hit pretty hard those archers and they do take the hits, often they survive till the end of the fight.

Comment

I know its not turn based so doublehits might happen if you use a slow attack vs fast attacks, but apparently slight lag or other randomness can cause it to happen even with the fastest attacks.

archers are made to kill mages lol best ways for mages to kill archers increase your block as much as possible and max thunderer then go with brutality+thunderer=archer dead
          Well clearly archers aren't supposed to take all 10 top spots in solo challenges, so there's gotta be a way around it. Brutality+thunderer is a huge waste of rage when you could do heal+rain for the same cost, and rain benefits more from brutality due to it hitting twice. I'm also talking about 50ish levels, duno what happens higher up and/or with pve sets. I don't have templars yet either, I'm sure they would help a lot if they survive lunatic. Currently I place my knights behind me, this makes me take a bit of damage from their templars, but if knights have a bit of hp left after lunatic, the archer will waste attacks on them, saving me a lot of hp.

Comment

I know its not turn based so doublehits might happen if you use a slow attack vs fast attacks, but apparently slight lag or other randomness can cause it to happen even with the fastest attacks.

Well clearly archers aren't supposed to take all 10 top spots in solo challenges, so there's gotta be a way around it. Brutality+thunderer is a huge waste of rage when you could do heal+rain for the same cost, and rain benefits more from brutality due to it hitting twice. I'm also talking about 50ish levels, duno what happens higher up and/or with pve sets. I don't have templars yet either, I'm sure they would help a lot if they survive lunatic. Currently I place my knights behind me, this makes me take a bit of damage from their templars, but if knights have a bit of hp left after lunatic, the archer will waste attacks on them, saving me a lot of hp.
            heal????healing against archer???never do that if you ehal against archers you are dead 99% of time and brutality+thunderer does more damage then brutality+RoF anyway so going with thunderer you can probaly one hit ko the archer and win,also letyour knights in front not yourself otherwise knights gonna own you

Comment

Archers have better cast speed than other classes. If you try Doublehit in WB, you can notice: doublehit with Multi-Shot (archer) is very easer than doublehit with Ultimate Slaher (Knights)

Comment

Double Hit only works in Catacomb, WB, and if done right Guild Divine Alter.

It does not work in PvP, had a few that tried this against me... I laughed as I wipe them out while still having 100% HP.

Comment

heal????healing against archer???never do that if you ehal against archers you are dead 99% of time and brutality+thunderer does more damage then brutality+RoF anyway so going with thunderer you can probaly one hit ko the archer and win,also letyour knights in front not yourself otherwise knights gonna own you
                  It heals for more than they do in 1 hit, and adds 15% damage reduction, so its definitely not a waste of a turn. Thunderer is 50 rage and a bunch of skill points I can't afford at this level, unless I make a specific build just for dueling archers. Besides, after I use RoF+meteor to get rid of templars, I only have 31 rage left, and I don't have time to bolt 3 times. I said why I placed knights in front, from practice it seemed to give me a better chance. Regardless, just hit 50 and templars seem to be holding their fire quite nicely, guess I'll see how it goes with tomorrow's attempts.

Double Hit only works in Catacomb, WB, and if done right Guild Divine Alter.
                  Also works in campaign on certain bosses, so yeah basically anywhere against a moderately slow enemy and with no other players. Necropolis 1st boss wiped the floor with me though when I tried double hitting.

Comment

It heals for more than they do in 1 hit, and adds 15% damage reduction, so its definitely not a waste of a turn. Thunderer is 50 rage and a bunch of skill points I can't afford at this level, unless I make a specific build just for dueling archers. Besides, after I use RoF+meteor to get rid of templars, I only have 31 rage left, and I don't have time to bolt 3 times. I said why I placed knights in front, from practice it seemed to give me a better chance. Regardless, just hit 50 and templars seem to be holding their fire quite nicely, guess I'll see how it goes with tomorrow's attempts.

Also works in campaign on certain bosses, so yeah basically anywhere against a moderately slow enemy and with no other players. Necropolis 1st boss wiped the floor with me though when I tried double hitting.
                    I heard Necro Bosses can't be DoubleHit.
                    ( I haven't tried it myself, no crypt key ;I )

PS: Mages are OP. Beside Kage
                    Last edited by Kagelol; 08-11-2013, 04:13 PM. Reason: Corrected the last statement.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                      I heard Necro Bosses can't be DoubleHit.
                      ( I haven't tried it myself, no crypt key ;I )

PS: Mages are OP.
                      You CAN double hit SOME of the Necro bosses but only on specific attack animations and not 100% of the time. I've gotten to level 10 and what I found was boss 1 can't be double hit, 2&3 can IF you put a slowing effect on them like Thunderer or DF, 4 and on can be doubled on with certain attack animations AND/OR with slow effects on them.
                      Patryn
                      Twisted
                      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I thought Slow effects were by default made so players can DoubleHit... at least that's what it does in MPDs when using DeepFreeze on Bosses. (except on Bosses that have those "can't be stun, can't be slow" perm buffs like WB)

Comment

The reason why:
                          2 reasons, #1;
                          AI have no cd foe basic skills and! When we cast a skill we wait for it to highlight, AI doesnt and therefor chooses it's skill before you. This can sometimes happend in bg and then you will.get a clear example of how fast it is
                          2: Archer have the fastest skills, ap is fastest base skill and ms is the fastest 2ndary skill. Therefor AI usaing tyese alpng with #1 casts faster then a normal player can do.

Comment

double hitting tru animation cancellation is different from a doublehit with a slow effect.. also, triple hit can be done with effect of slow debuff.. like in catas (good old eye) with DF or thunderer of mage we can 3 hit it.

cancelling animation double hit is hitting with 1 turn.
                            double hit with slow debuff is only giving you an extra turn. in others words you will have 2 turns.
                            -combine those two and you can triple hit SOME specific mobs/bosses (ofcourse MPD has no animation cancellation)

Comment

This is very annoying sometimes, trying to duel a stronger archer, if I only use bolt, I still get hit twice approx. every 2-3 turns, making me waste a lot of attempts.

Comment

Working...
                              X