How do you deal with the Summoner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with the Summoner?

Just curious how you and your team deal with the summoner?

I generally have a mixed bag of players when attempting the summoner and have seen several different methods. Some methods work better then others. My general preference is removing rings, wings, jewelry, defensive astrals, and stacking the skills bar with "non damaging" skills (puri, scatter, etc). Rely on a heavy dose of AOE, AI stupidity, and runes and rarely does anyone in the group die. I've often been asked to remove the armor except for the weapon but I find the initial rage of the pvp set and the rage build up of the pve set worth much more then the defense you remove (having full set generally allows everyone for first shot AOE).

So... how does your team address the summoner?

Note: Learn from the summoner and how the AI plays your toon!. When parking your toon for the day I always try and set my skills bar to minimize the AI stupidity you see with the summoner!

Everyone strips completely nekkid, one runs off to be out of reach of being sucked into the fight. Three people go in nekkid, the last one dresses up real quick, runs to the summoner and jumps in to save the day! Rinse and repeat. The more nekkid everyone is, the easier and faster it goes.

Comment

Remove all def/hp items. Fill up skill bar with 1 aoe and 4x rage generating abilities, will make the ai use the rage generator nearly each time.
      *looney mage addict*

Nyx
      lvl80 Mage
      S444 Silent Arena

Comment

let your mage be the only one who keeps gear on the rest removes all gears and defensive astrala and the mage saved the day with his aoe

Comment

nekkid people

LOL...

BTW, here I though it was 1 person naked goes in, than the others run in after...
          Guess the correct technique was the opposite.
          And yea, Mage with equip is best cause of superior aoe.

Comment

Fully geared mage with 1 HP doing RoF. Of course, the rest of the group needs to be naked + without astrals etc

I miss doing the thunder rune on summoners with all members on 1 HP :'( it was by far the quickest way to do it
            Heto (s157)
            AngryHeto (s43)

Comment

Originally posted by MatigaLoe View Post
              Fully geared mage with 1 HP doing RoF. Of course, the rest of the group needs to be naked + without astrals etc

I miss doing the thunder rune on summoners with all members on 1 HP :'( it was by far the quickest way to do it
              1hp? o.O you guys letet you hp packs to end intentionally? lol

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                1hp? o.O you guys letet you hp packs to end intentionally? lol
                I don't know about the others, but I don't use HP packs excessively. I don't run around with 500k 'spare' HP hehe.. and being a mage, whenever I need HP, I just go to the wild and heal myself xD

I know.. I'm a cheapskate -.-
                Heto (s157)
                AngryHeto (s43)

Comment

Well, the 1 HP trick only applies to people who didn't buy the Covenent Pack or the Healing one. So as stated above, only one Mage with equipments on is normally the fastest way.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                    Everyone strips completely nekkid, one runs off to be out of reach of being sucked into the fight. Three people go in nekkid, the last one dresses up real quick, runs to the summoner and jumps in to save the day! Rinse and repeat. The more nekkid everyone is, the easier and faster it goes.
                    I did this on another server. By far the most concrete method I've dealt with but also the most time consuming and laborious (well if you're the guy doing the running, dressing, and undressing!).

@NyxVampiria
                    They don't all need to be rage generating... I love being showered by scatter from multiple archers as our archers launch LF! Throw an extra puri on there from the summoner mage as our mage launches RoF and you're golden!

Why the AI chooses effect over damage nearly every time... who knows but I'll take it at the summoner!

Comment

mage with only weapon equiped and astral on only ewd and matk ... the best and fastest way.

Comment

take off all defense astrals / goddess blessing etc, leave attack. take off all medallions. mage sets lightning rof and puri. archer sets aroow multi and scat. knight goes naked.
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Remove defense astrals/rings and aoe; quick, simple and easy...

Comment

3/4 All Gear Removed, including some major astral. 1/4 refer to be as a mage with bolt, rof, met, and puri. Mage as tank. 3 other on back. If any with 1 HP, he/she allow to put all gear & astral back.

Also, better go with trust people. Cause I got trick twice. He/she let us summon first, then when his/her turn. He said sorry, out of attempt - -"
                            ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
                            -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                            ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
                            (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Mages keep:
                              matk astral+EWD (or deter/crit if crit..)
                              Wep and both jewels, take off the hp/mdef gems from the gears.
                              Every1 else just takes off everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X