Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telstar
    replied
    I'm not a mage *wink* but I would drop mdef, maybe on half pieces.
    I see top mages >70 to drop mdef astral... Just my 2c

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    @Telstar: Refining for crit is just taking even more away from your priority stats. Honestly what are you going to drop in order to refine for crit?

Matk - not a chance
    Mdef - you could but you are already sacrificing some defense through gemming for crit and if you lose too much it becomes counter-productive and our +20% still doesn't make up for it.
    Pdef - same answer as Mdef except we don't get the +20%
    Def - Once again no. We need all the defenses we can get since we have fewer HP
    Int - Just like Matk....hell no

Bottom line we sacrifice something as crit mages and have to know how NOT to over do it.

Leave a comment:

• Telstar
    replied
    I agree with everything,but why:
    Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
    2. Don't refine for crit

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by symedia View Post
    you stay at the mercy of the crit i`d say a 5k plus crit would be good.
    5k crit is pretty ridiculously hard to get as anything other than an Archer.

1. Crit mage can be good if built correctly and at high enough level/BR
    2. Don't refine for crit
    3. Always keep your Will-Destroyer around. Especially when you first switch over you will only really have enough crit for it to be worthwhile when doing WB
    4. Wait till level 70 then drop the HP astral. That will mean you are only actually replacing 1 astral plus you have an open slot for Block astral
    5. Most of your crit is going to come from Medallion and Snipers Edge. Don't start phasing out useful gems for crit gems until you can get around 4k crit from it. This should mean Imperial Commander or Lord Divine medallion and at least level 7 red Snipers Edge and MAYBE 2 level 6 crit gems. Once you have that I'd say mix it up. You don't want one specific stat to suffer too much so you can do a few Mdef gems as well as some Pdef and HP converted to crit gems. Just make sure you are doing it with level 6 or higher gems.

Leave a comment:

• symedia
    replied
    you stay at the mercy of the crit i`d say a 5k plus crit would be good.

Leave a comment:

• Whispir
    replied
    #4) Hp astral is yucky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X