What it take to become Crit Mage?.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it take to become Crit Mage?.

Hello everyone. How are you? I got some question need to ask, and need some advice as well

1). Is it a good decision to become crit mage?
    2). Do I need to refine my gear to get crit stats?
    3). If crit mage good, should i moved my Will of Destroyer's EXP to Determination?
    4). Me as level 68. I only had 6 astral. Other than a scarify of W. Destroyer. What should I replace for Sniper Edge? [MATK astral, PDEF, MDEF, HP, Goddes]
    5). I current had HP, MATK, PDEF, MDEF gems. If I want to be crit mage. What gems should I replace? (If depend on stats. I got 50k HP, 16k+ MDEF, and 12k+ PDEF)

Plz. If you had more tips. Plz post here. Tyvm all!
    ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
    -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
    ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
    (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

#4) Hp astral is yucky.

Comment

you stay at the mercy of the crit i`d say a 5k plus crit would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by symedia View Post
        you stay at the mercy of the crit i`d say a 5k plus crit would be good.
        5k crit is pretty ridiculously hard to get as anything other than an Archer.

1. Crit mage can be good if built correctly and at high enough level/BR
        2. Don't refine for crit
        3. Always keep your Will-Destroyer around. Especially when you first switch over you will only really have enough crit for it to be worthwhile when doing WB
        4. Wait till level 70 then drop the HP astral. That will mean you are only actually replacing 1 astral plus you have an open slot for Block astral
        5. Most of your crit is going to come from Medallion and Snipers Edge. Don't start phasing out useful gems for crit gems until you can get around 4k crit from it. This should mean Imperial Commander or Lord Divine medallion and at least level 7 red Snipers Edge and MAYBE 2 level 6 crit gems. Once you have that I'd say mix it up. You don't want one specific stat to suffer too much so you can do a few Mdef gems as well as some Pdef and HP converted to crit gems. Just make sure you are doing it with level 6 or higher gems.
        Patryn
        Twisted
        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I agree with everything,but why:
          Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
          2. Don't refine for crit
          Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
          I do not exist.
          For real.

Comment

@Telstar: Refining for crit is just taking even more away from your priority stats. Honestly what are you going to drop in order to refine for crit?

Matk - not a chance
            Mdef - you could but you are already sacrificing some defense through gemming for crit and if you lose too much it becomes counter-productive and our +20% still doesn't make up for it.
            Pdef - same answer as Mdef except we don't get the +20%
            Def - Once again no. We need all the defenses we can get since we have fewer HP
            Int - Just like Matk....hell no

Bottom line we sacrifice something as crit mages and have to know how NOT to over do it.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I'm not a mage *wink* but I would drop mdef, maybe on half pieces.
              I see top mages >70 to drop mdef astral... Just my 2c
              Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
              I do not exist.
              For real.

Comment

That said, Matk, int, defense is a MUST keep. That leaves you to decide whether you want to remove pdef/mdef for crit ( Personal preference )You gain some, you lose some. You don't get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                  That said, Matk, int, defense is a MUST keep. That leaves you to decide whether you want to remove pdef/mdef for crit ( Personal preference )You gain some, you lose some. You don't get the best of both worlds.
                  If we were talking Class Wars it's a no-brainer, you drop your Pdef and replace it with crit. Unfortunately that is a once a month event and I'm talking about overall survivability. The top mage on my server has just over 4k crit without refining for crit. He did it by alternating replacement of Mdef/Pdef gems with crit (mostly Mdef which as I stated is fine since we have the +20%). That is really all you need to do. You could get close to 5k crit by doing the same thing with refining but what are your defenses going to drop to? At some point it's not worth it. Pdef goes too low and Archers will vaporize you. Mdef too low and the WD or even other crit mages will drop you easily.

@Telstar: If any top mage takes out their Mdef astral it's because they are so far beyond any other mages that it doesn't matter. This is about how to be an "effective" crit mage not a 90k+ BR monster.
                  Patryn
                  Twisted
                  S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Crit refines are generally more efficent than gems, since gems mdef/pdef gives 220 at 6, but crit only gives 120..so you are theoretically better off refining crit and using gem slots for defs

Also...i usally try for matk/int/def/end for refines, then crit or mdef for 5th, personally

Comment

If you have enough determination and willpower, you can be a crit mage.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Crit mage...sniper v6, ld medal , matk intel endu armor and crit rafine and this should give you Only 3.5k crit = 50% rate maybe so better stay wd mage and switch to crit for wb. Dont forgat determination astro. If you cant get 5k crit you cant be better then wd mage, even for archers 5k crit is not enaught

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

crit mage not worth it. save ur sniper/det for wb and live with your will destroyer. You need the extra astral slot anyways. In pvp, you don't crit much unless you have huge matk anyways, and that its better used with will destroyer. So, pretty much pointless to be a crit mage. Just use it to earn more at world boss. Even 5k crit, still not worth it.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Today I had some research more about crit mages. What I saw was most of them trading there PDEF Gems to level 6 crit. gems. Might worth for it, but they only had 11k PDEF.
                            Last edited by JohnNguyen; 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM.
                            ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
                            -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                            ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
                            (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

I do the other way around, all mdef to crit...makes mages a bit more annoying, but everything else is simpler

Comment

Working...
                              X