Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

What it take to become Crit Mage?.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnNguyen
    started a topic What it take to become Crit Mage?.

What it take to become Crit Mage?.

Hello everyone. How are you? I got some question need to ask, and need some advice as well

1). Is it a good decision to become crit mage?
    2). Do I need to refine my gear to get crit stats?
    3). If crit mage good, should i moved my Will of Destroyer's EXP to Determination?
    4). Me as level 68. I only had 6 astral. Other than a scarify of W. Destroyer. What should I replace for Sniper Edge? [MATK astral, PDEF, MDEF, HP, Goddes]
    5). I current had HP, MATK, PDEF, MDEF gems. If I want to be crit mage. What gems should I replace? (If depend on stats. I got 50k HP, 16k+ MDEF, and 12k+ PDEF)

Plz. If you had more tips. Plz post here. Tyvm all!

• Zorich
    replied
    I would always run an EWD Mage over a Crit Mage for the following Reasons:
    • Reliability of knowing your damage is there, and not that you're relying on a crit to trigger.
    • 1 Stat & Gem Slot * 8 = as much as 3500 Extra MDef (Or PDef) on L60 Gear w/ L6 Gems.
    • 1 Astral (EWD) to takes the place of 2 Astrals (Crit & Deter) allows for another Astral (HP, Illusion, Block)

I personally love running into Crit Mages in CW because I swap out my PDef for a L6 Guardian Angel (-30% Crit). If they Crit me twice per minute thats a lot.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    I would refine for crit: because with 60 pve gear we get what? maybe 150 mdef with passive? and 120 pdef with passive. Replace with crit and we get about 120 crit each refine, remove gem: get 120 crit and lose 220+engraving bonus (and the 20% on that if its mdef) It is way better to refine for crit and dont change gems, cuz when refining you get 100% in stat back. When doing gem, you get 50% of the def from it.
    and @ wb you dont need crit build to be good at wb... i mostly end up at top 3, the only 2 archers that can beat me on a basis have 6/10k br then me (p.s: they are both in 60 set when im still in 50 aswell)
    Last edited by krackenker; 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SpitsFire
    replied
    Originally posted by gruntar View Post
    well, 18k mdef without gems, almost 16k pdef /shrug...works good enough
    18k without gems lol ? yeap if you are 80k br yeap and 16k pdef also ...

Leave a comment:

• gruntar
    replied
    Originally posted by symedia View Post
    lol all mdef to crit? then mages/archer will ** you not only archers.
    well, 18k mdef without gems, almost 16k pdef /shrug...works good enough

Leave a comment:

• TheVictorious
    replied
    I tried crit build for 1.5 month for my mage (before patch 1.6 and after it), I want to say the summary that I got :
    * Crit build for mage for PvP sick ! stupid rate for crit hits !
    * Crit for MD/SD is fair not so much and not bad at all.
    * Crit build for WB is Awesome, almost 80% is avg crit rate (sometimes I get 90-100% even basic hit was crit to thunderer and so) with almost 1.75x - 2.5x dmg even with low crit points (btw at least u need to use 50% buff) and mage can try race archers in top 10 list
    For WB in my Will Destroyer lvl 8 I get 90-110K avg gold, in crit build 120-140K gold if not even more with fully success combos.

Note: I was 19K matk when tried crit build, atm i'm with 20K matk in non crit till I get red crit astral for wb.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 08-18-2013, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• symedia
    replied
    lol all mdef to crit? then mages/archer will ** you not only archers.

Leave a comment:

• gruntar
    replied
    I do the other way around, all mdef to crit...makes mages a bit more annoying, but everything else is simpler

Leave a comment:

• JohnNguyen
    replied
    Today I had some research more about crit mages. What I saw was most of them trading there PDEF Gems to level 6 crit. gems. Might worth for it, but they only had 11k PDEF.
    Last edited by JohnNguyen; 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    crit mage not worth it. save ur sniper/det for wb and live with your will destroyer. You need the extra astral slot anyways. In pvp, you don't crit much unless you have huge matk anyways, and that its better used with will destroyer. So, pretty much pointless to be a crit mage. Just use it to earn more at world boss. Even 5k crit, still not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Crit mage...sniper v6, ld medal , matk intel endu armor and crit rafine and this should give you Only 3.5k crit = 50% rate maybe so better stay wd mage and switch to crit for wb. Dont forgat determination astro. If you cant get 5k crit you cant be better then wd mage, even for archers 5k crit is not enaught

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    If you have enough determination and willpower, you can be a crit mage.

Leave a comment:

• gruntar
    replied
    Crit refines are generally more efficent than gems, since gems mdef/pdef gives 220 at 6, but crit only gives 120..so you are theoretically better off refining crit and using gem slots for defs

Also...i usally try for matk/int/def/end for refines, then crit or mdef for 5th, personally

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by darrylch View Post
    That said, Matk, int, defense is a MUST keep. That leaves you to decide whether you want to remove pdef/mdef for crit ( Personal preference )You gain some, you lose some. You don't get the best of both worlds.
    If we were talking Class Wars it's a no-brainer, you drop your Pdef and replace it with crit. Unfortunately that is a once a month event and I'm talking about overall survivability. The top mage on my server has just over 4k crit without refining for crit. He did it by alternating replacement of Mdef/Pdef gems with crit (mostly Mdef which as I stated is fine since we have the +20%). That is really all you need to do. You could get close to 5k crit by doing the same thing with refining but what are your defenses going to drop to? At some point it's not worth it. Pdef goes too low and Archers will vaporize you. Mdef too low and the WD or even other crit mages will drop you easily.

@Telstar: If any top mage takes out their Mdef astral it's because they are so far beyond any other mages that it doesn't matter. This is about how to be an "effective" crit mage not a 90k+ BR monster.

Leave a comment:

• darrylch
    replied
    That said, Matk, int, defense is a MUST keep. That leaves you to decide whether you want to remove pdef/mdef for crit ( Personal preference )You gain some, you lose some. You don't get the best of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X