Archer Crit Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Crit Questions

After testing and reading Crit does in fact increase your crit damage as well as your chance to crit, so my questions are these.

1. What's a minium crit base to aim for after 60+
    2. How much % chance is added to land a crit per every 100 crit or 1000 crit ( Example: 100 crit adds 3% chance to land a crit or 1000 crit adds 3% chance to crit. )
    2. What's the max crit needed to crit 100% chance on players
    3. What's the max crit needed to crit 100% chance in MPDS
    4. What's the max crit needed to crit 100% chance on World Boss ( Since World Boss has an increase chance to be critted)
    5. What amount of crit chance does an archer base start with (Example: archers automatically have a 50% chance to crit anything added after that stacks)

Thanks in advance if you have answers so I know how much to stack and when to stop.
    Last edited by Tehlawlfirm; 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM.

Really?
    I thought someone test it earlier and said Crit Value does not increase Crit Damage, only Determination Astral do...

Anyways...
    1 - Crit to aim at 60+ would be 3200+ average for a good crit rate
    2 - donno, see above
    2.5 & 3 - for 100%, you would need around 4000~5000 crit at level 60ish
    4 - World Boss by default increase everyone's crit rate by 20%, so you only need around 3000 crit rate for 100% (or close to 100%)
    5 - archer's crit start out same as all other class, but most Archer Skill comes with 10~20% increased crit rate.

Also, it is said but not confirmed that Crit Rate is based on player level, the higher level you are the more crit value you need.

IE: a level 30 archer with 2000 crit value have 80% crit rate, while a level 60 archer with 2000 crit value have 40% crit rate (example, not actual value/ %)

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
      Really?
      I thought someone test it earlier and said Crit Value does not increase Crit Damage, only Determination Astral do...
      I dont think this is true. Crit value increases both chance and damage (similar to block formula).

The exact formula is unknown, so nobody can answer to #2/3/4.
      Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
      I do not exist.
      For real.

Comment

i also heard (and tested) that crit doesnt effect damage of criticals just determination... guess thats still up in the air?

but from my experience

1. ive seen 4000-ish thrown around alot... i guess 3400 + imp or LD med. would be perfect right?
        2. crit isnt % universally. it diminishes. depending on level and br i think?(see above)
        3. 100% crit isnt possible.. you can only get close.. but to many variables to give an accurate figure - "more crit is better" - follow that, its a pretty solid and foolproof method.
        4. see above.
        5. see above.

Comment

They nerf crit almost every patch. Even something like 80% is hard to get (except in WB).

My take on #1: aim for >4k crit and u really need at least IC medallion.

I do not exist.
          For real.

Comment

i have 4k as standard, (with IC)

50-60% crit in pvp is standard depending on skills and who im facing - usually crit alot less vs people with same or higher level with same or more br than myself. maybe 40% not a huge reduction, but its noticable

60% crit in pve is standard (AP,IS,DF doesnt crit as often as id like) - if running lower level dungeon, crits happen much more often, 80-90% in void compared to 50% in DT, a huge difference, very noticable.

@WB, if i can be botherd to put all my crit gems in sockets i get around 4800 crit,, with that 75-80% seems like a number id agree with if using AS,MS and Delphic Sniper compared to 60% if using AS,AP (alot less crits with AP)

these probably arent super accurate, just how i feel i do, theres a noticable difference in instances, but id go with a 10% swing either way...

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
              i have 4k as standard, (with IC)

50-60% crit in pvp is standard depending on skills and who im facing - usually crit alot less vs people with same or higher level with same or more br than myself. maybe 40% not a huge reduction, but its noticable
              I believe it is opponent pdef and not their level or BR by itself. I'm gonna test this today with our top tank having him removing his pdef astral.

I do not exist.
              For real.

Comment

Originally posted by Telstar View Post
                I believe it is opponent pdef and not their level or BR by itself. I'm gonna test this today with our top tank having him removing his pdef astral.
                im sure block would have something to do with that also, maybe get some takes on that if possible?

Comment

k We'll i'm 70 and have 4k crit atm so i'll stick with that for now, I did notice once i hit 4k i crit alot more often in pvp and pve. I know 4k crit is'nt 100% chance to crit on world boss cause I still don't crt all the time but if I knew what it would take to crit 100% on world boss i'd aim for it.

As for crit adding damage i've seen alot of people go 50/50 on this matter. I took my crit gems off to test and when i crit my damage was lower then when I had them on, since the basic floating damage is 90% to 110% I tested my average with them on, when I took them over it was lower. I'm about 99% sure crit does add damage when you crit and about 1% it don't.

So is 4k a good stopping point for crit since there is no way to reach 100% chance?

Comment

Only forumula for crit I have seen around is 1-0.9995^crit.
                    For 4000 points, it is about 86% and 5000 point, it is 90%.

I checked with and without lvl 5 red sniper edge in wild with Multishot and damage doesn't seem to be affected. First try without astral gave more damage with MS. Tried 3 times each to be sure.
                    You can test it out yourself in wild. Shouldn't take much time.

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
                      Only forumula for crit I have seen around is 1-0.9995^crit.
                      For 4000 points, it is about 86% and 5000 point, it is 90%.

I checked with and without lvl 5 red sniper edge in wild with Multishot and damage doesn't seem to be affected. First try without astral gave more damage with MS. Tried 3 times each to be sure.
                      You can test it out yourself in wild. Shouldn't take much time.
                      How much did you test exactly? did you do your averages right?... or did you just used 10 samples of each skill instead of 100+ which would give a more reliable result.
                      Last edited by R216842175; 08-18-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I did a test with a guild mate on two occasions with crit and crit damage.
                        first test. approximately 4k crit somewhere around lvl 55-58.

crit damage without holy snipers edge(1728 crit) dropped by about 800(min and max)

We tried it recently lvl 66 with current stats of 5881 crit removing holy sniper's edge(2016 crit) and crit damage dropped by approximately 400-500 damage(min and max)

not definitive but enough for me to believe that crit does indeed increase crit damage along with crit chance, as well as diminishing returns being pretty steep as you level.

Comment

Originally posted by R216842175 View Post
                          How much did you test exactly? did you do your averages right?... or did you just used 10 samples of each skill instead of 100+ which would give a more reliable result.
                          not each skill, just multishot since it is guaranteed to crit 100%.

All MS with or without sniper edge was around 8500-8000 range. (cause of 10% default floating damage I believe)
                          In case you missed my previous post, I tried 3 times.

If you want a very reliable result you can try doing it 1000 times or may be more of each skill.
                          Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 08-18-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Ehh...5k crit =90% rate? Zebq at wb with 9k have 90%, at pvp 80%.
                            For 99% we need more then 10k crit.
                            This all 3 and 2% per 100 crit is based on times before part 2 patch 1.5, each next nerf crit and now next thing they add but dont say nowhere - higher lvl need more crit for same rate like lower lvl
                            In the end of story, 7r know crit class is most powerfull so they nerf crit over and over = more cash from this guys who want pown others
                            Someone ask what is good crit for 60+...4500 is in my opinion minimum if you want be good archer, No crit No dmg

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by R216842175 View Post
                              step 1: find a gold mine.
                              step 2: use the multi shot skill and record the result.
                              step 3: abandon the gold mine.
                              step 4: unequip sniper edge and repeat step 2 and 3.
                              step 5: equip sniper edge and repeat step 2 and 3.
                              step 6: repeat step 4 and 5 until you find satisfactory result and compare the damage between sniper edge equipped or not.
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X