Explain ruthlessness + crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain ruthlessness + crit

******'s blog states that a critical hit is always a high end damage roll. I'm not sure about this, I've had low crits before.
    If this is accurate though, does it make ruthlessness a staple for WB? How is 1-5 dmg better than 2-3? Especially if you consider those gem packs...

Ruthlessness expands the range of damage of normal attacks AND crits. So Cosmo is wrong.
    By the law of averages, in the long run you gain exactly...... nothing if you use ruthlessness in WB (regardless of whether you used it in conjunction with crit or not).
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Floating damage is the possible damage output of an attack. While not written in skills description, every attack has a damage range that goes from 90% to 110% of expected value, which is named floating damage. (ex. an archers who on a critical hit averages 2500 damage will, without this astral hit anywere betwen 2250 and 2750 damage. With a 10% floating damage the outcome would be between 80% and 120%, therefor between 2000 and 3000 damage.) It allows you to deal more damage with your attack but also hinders your attacks some too.

So Cosmo is wrong.

Comment

I am not sure about this but accourding to me , This is how it works :

Your normal damage ranges from 90% to 110 % .

Lets suppose you do Normal damage of 100% and u do damage of 1000 then your damage ranges from 900 to 1100 .

Now while using lvl 5 E. ruthless , It gives 7*5 % = 35%

#If u do a damage to enemy without ruthless
        Minimum damage = 900
        Maximum damage =1100
        Average damage = (900+1100) /2 =1000

#If u do a damage to enemy with ruthless
        Minimum damage = (900 - 35% of 900 ) = 585
        Maximum damage = (1100 + 35% of 1100) =1485
        Average damage = (585 + 1485 ) /2 =1035

So what I am trying to say is " The 35% Increase and decrease in range is of the Maximum and Minimum damage respectively. "
        Last edited by Txyler; 08-19-2013, 02:33 AM. Reason: Addition Information
        Coupe De Grace

Comment

With high damages such as in world boss , IT will make fine gold .

So ,It does help in the World bosses but doesnt make much difference in the PvP battle
          Coupe De Grace

Comment

Originally posted by Txyler View Post
            I am not sure about this but accourding to me , This is how it works :

Your normal damage ranges from 90% to 110 % .

Lets suppose you do Normal damage of 100% and u do damage of 1000 then your damage ranges from 900 to 1100 .

Now while using lvl 5 E. ruthless , It gives 7*5 % = 35%

#If u do a damage to enemy without ruthless
            Minimum damage = 900
            Maximum damage =1100
            Average damage = (900+1100) /2 =1000

#If u do a damage to enemy with ruthless
            Minimum damage = (900 - 35% of 900 ) = 585
            Maximum damage = (1100 + 35% of 1100) =1485
            Average damage = (585 + 1485 ) /2 =1035
            Wrong and wrong.
            Without ruthlessness, you do between 900 and 1100.

With ruthless, you do between (1-0.45)*1000 = 550 and 1.45*1000 = 1450.
            Average = (550+1450)/2 = 1000.

Your mistake is you subtract and add ruthlessness effect AFTER the initial floating damage.
            You should add the EFFECTS together before multiplication.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              Wrong and wrong.
              Without ruthlessness, you do between 900 and 1100.

With ruthless, you do between (1-0.45)*1000 = 550 and 1.45*1000 = 1450.
              Average = (550+1450)/2 = 1000.

Your mistake is you subtract and add ruthlessness effect AFTER the initial floating damage.
              You should add the EFFECTS together before multiplication.
              U dont have a solid Proof and I don't either .
              The question is , Why would the gamers make a useless astral ? They are not Idiots, Are they? They do research .
              So my theories work fine according to reasoning !

If u can make me convience then I will accept u that the astral is uselss,
              Coupe De Grace

Comment

The question is , Why would the gamers make a useless astral ? They are not Idiots, Are they? They do research .

You believe what you want to believe.
                I don't have to, and I have no interest in convincing you. That serves no purpose to me.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

And you know this how?

Comment

The question is , Why would the gamers make a useless astral ?
                    Even if the dmg evened out in the end, I wouldn't say it's useless. Some people would like to hope for larger combos. Sure you could hit 2 minimums in a row but if you hit 2 max's in a row, that's pretty nice. Some also just like to find out their max hits.

Comment

It is just another gamble astral like blessed health or regeneration. 10% chance if it says on astral, in practice it sometimes triggers more than once or never in 10 attacks. Another gamble thing is crit chance.
                      Flip a coin ten times and see if you get 5 times heads and 5 times tails.
                      Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 08-19-2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

to prove it, based on astral description it says " expands floating damage..." .. w/c means default floating 10% + (expand by) 35% ....... 10 + 35= 45% float

and to answer you on its purpose or use.. its good against an enemy(pvp) in w/c you have absolutely no chance of winning.. why? coz you will be given a chance to deal a higher damage compare to your usual damage. so basically its giving you a chance to win that fight .. but as for a permanent use of this astral is not advisable, its a risk taker

Comment

Well this astro is just a big gamble in the end. I find it useless though. Yes you can hit bigger hits but also its possible (with high lvl astro) to hit crit similar to normal hit. So in the end it all comes down to luck. Crit rate is much better for wb than normally but i doubt its the same with ruthlesness. And taking this blog into consideration... well i just found there a lot of mistakes on the game. Such as edd without losing round only possible in afk mode.

Comment

I tested it for two days and found myself getting less gold/daru at the end of the fights than normally. Took it off and went back to normal. However someone else in my guild reported that they had an increase in gold/daru income. So it seems to just come down to luck.
                            *looney mage addict*

Nyx
                            lvl80 Mage
                            S444 Silent Arena

Comment

This astro isn't useless in the short run. In fact, it is sometimes referred to as "the gambler astro," and is mostly intended for short fight. Basically, a player always hope to get the better end of the bargain by getting the higher end of the dmg spectum, thus killing much stronger opponents. however it always depend on luck. I tried this astro extensively on wb at lv 7, and being bad luck that i am, i get much less gold/daru. In theory, astro is useless in the long run cause the dmg does average out.

Comment

Working...
                              X