Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Class War Trick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class War Trick?

Is there a trick to class wars to get in top 100 easier? Im seeing people with 50 to 55kbr get in top 100 that are like 62 , 66 etc..

Also toward the beginning of class wars I see people afk or take off there templars and armor.

I heard awhile ago if you lose the first 5 on purpose you get put in easier brackets.. So what's the deal with this?

It's all just luck.

You might get some ppls that's afk or lagging.
    or
    You might get some ppls with High BR but is doing the above.
    or
    You might get some ppls that's weaker than you.

And yea... it seems like some ppls are losing the first 5 on purpose so they'll get weaker opponents in the last 5 (which give more points)

But you still need at least 13~15 Wins total to get into Top 100. (especially the last 10 wins)

Comment

I win by luck.
      ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
      -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
      ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
      (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

I also think that if you lose first few rounds, you get easier ones after.
        I missed out first 4 rounds due to class wars taking insane amount of time just for loading after clicking start.
        My first 10 battles were all below level 55 and last one was level 69 the only one I lost. I am level 64. I got 3030 points in end about 200 points less than previous CW even after missing 4 rounds.

Comment

The first 3 rounds I play is a lost. 3 consecutive lost. But then later battles. I won all
          ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
          -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
          ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
          (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

iam mage with42k BR and got place in finals duno how but its happend

Comment

Basicaly it is all down to luck as it was already mentioned. Also if you lose firs few fights you might get easier oponents later on or not (once again pure luck). I think the matching in class wars works like astral system. There is no rule which one you will get in those 15 rounds. Also the points which you win are not so important to go trough as many other players can have the same amount of points. If there are a lot of players with the same amout the player with the highest br goes forward to the second round.
              Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

well.. a friend of mine used this trick and almost successful.
                He entered the class wars late / skipping 4 fights, and because the matchup is based on points gained, he fought against opponent with low points, and usually those with low points are the weaker ones. the final result is he gained 3400 points.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

3400 .. isn`t even close you need more one win i had 3450 ...

Comment

I disconnected for first 2 fights and didn't even get lose points for them, and still mostly fought against 65+.
                    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      well.. a friend of mine used this trick and almost successful.
                      He entered the class wars late / skipping 4 fights, and because the matchup is based on points gained, he fought against opponent with low points, and usually those with low points are the weaker ones. the final result is he gained 3400 points.
                      I DCed during one of the early levels loosing that round, it cost me the spot in the finals as i ended up with just 3350

Comment

my experience...

me- archer, lvl 65. removed mdeff astrals and gems, in exchange for block and block crit respectively. full lvl 50 legend gear (2legend 60 rings)(4 sockets on each, p.att, p.deff crit, hp)fully buffed to 65k br.

guildmate -archer, lvl 64 no changes to astrals or gems (still using mdeff) 55 pve gear (3x sockets p.att, pdeff, mdeff) lvl 50 legend trinkets (4 sockets previous + hp) no buffs,50k br

no issues with lag or dc in classwars.. we both had full 15 out of 15 fights.

i won 10 out of 15.. so lost 5.
                        he won 9 out of 15.. lost 6.

the difference is with the points.
                        i ended with 3150 points.
                        he ended with 3300+ points(cant remember exact figures, just know he got more than me).

the big difference is where and when we lost.

i won my first 5. lost a couple in the second group of 5. and the majority of my last group of 5.
                        where he lost his first 4, and 2 more in his second group of 5. whilst winning his last 5.

seeing as you get more points for winning later matches, he ended up getting 150+ more points than me, even though i won more than him.
                        so he got better rewards, and a higher chance at getting into top 100 than i did, even though he lost more than me. this doesnt make any sense right? win more fights, get a lower reward.. its backwards...

ive heard rumors if you miss the first 5 and win the last 10 you get more points than if you play all 15 and loose the last 5. i havent done the math, but it seems to me winning more later and loosing earlier does get you more points.

because of the way CW is set up, the first few matches are random, and after that you are faced off vs opponents who have the same amount of wins as you, with luck thrown in.
                        theory being, the more you win, the higher the chances of facing opponents who have more wins.

if you "throw" the first 5 matches(loose on purpose) you will face someone who also has 0 wins but 5 losses, chances are they have very low BR.
                        round 6 - face someone with 1 win,5 losses
                        round 7 - 2 wins 5 losses (2 wins, 5 losses for you)
                        round 8 - 3 wins 5 losses (3 wins, 5 losses for you)
                        round 9 - 4 wins 5 losses (4 wins, 5 losses for you)
                        etc... etc...

at round 13 -8 wins 5 losses (8 wins, 5 losses for you)

and this is where luck comes into play, if your lucky youll face opponents of "average strength" rather than strong players who have had the missfortune of loosing 5 matches to even stronger opponents than themselves,
                        if the final few matches go in your favour, and you dont face off against those "unlucky strong guys who had to face even stronger opponents than themselves loweing their win to loss ratio"
                        you can get -
                        80x5 for throwing first 5. (400)
                        250x5 for winning second group of 5 (1250)
                        350x5 for winning last group of 5 (1750)
                        for a total of 3400 points.

in my case, if i lost my matches early, and won the later ones i would have had 250 more points than i ended with.

ive spoken to a number of people on my server ( of which 3 people got into top 100) 2x archers, 1x mage. the 2 archers both said they won 11 lost 4, the 4 they lost where early, as well as other people who claimed to have gotten less points than people with 10-15k br less than them. some having the same amount of wins, others like myself having slightly more.

so in my experience, unless you are a monster player who can only actually loose to a select few on the cross server battles. or your very very lucky. loosing earlier, winning later, does result in a better chance at getting into top 100, regardless of strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post

so in my experience, unless you are a monster player who can only actually loose to a select few on the cross server battles. or your very very lucky. loosing earlier, winning later, does result in a better chance at getting into top 100, regardless of strength.
                          Nice observation.

So in all, the "trick" does work and it's not just totally up to luck.

Hmm, maybe next month's Class War, and if they didn't fix it (IE: that suggestion thread about locking equips, troops, etc), I might also try it out this way, maybe losing the first 3~4 on purpose and see if I'll end up with more points than this month (I end up with 3090)

Comment

nothing is changed until 2.2 version in CW. then all fights give same points, and top 16 fighters, fights each other for rankings at finals.
                            BAN-KAI

Joined 14/01/2013

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                              Nice observation.

So in all, the "trick" does work and it's not just totally up to luck.

Hmm, maybe next month's Class War, and if they didn't fix it (IE: that suggestion thread about locking equips, troops, etc), I might also try it out this way, maybe losing the first 3~4 on purpose and see if I'll end up with more points than this month (I end up with 3090)
                              did you see zebq took off troops in video and win

Comment

Working...
                              X