No announcement yet.

200 glory as compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have made top 100, but because i lost connection, i also lost crypt keys, i lost the chance to get mount, I lost balens, and 200 crystals is not enough, they can compensate by returning my balens i used, and the gold i used and the crypt keys for scrolls and potions. Their 200 crystals doesnt even come close to what i would have gained, as i always am in top 100, as well as at least 4-6 others in our server. Now even the wager will be compromised because some people that shouldnt have even placed in the top 100 are there because of R-2's inability to be able to maintain the server. If they can not keep up with such an even, they should not hold it. and make people really lose out on what they could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbodiddy View Post
      yes total joke. It should have been 2000

lol 2000? for not even doing class wars thats a bit extreme. If that was the case I wish i could have not been able to do cw for 2000 crystals.

I won a majority of my fights and only got 627 flor crystals so your asking for a free win into top 100 with 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
        Winning EVERY prelim fight will only get you 800 crystals; makes absolutely no sense to grant such a significant amount of glory crystals (exceeding the max possible to earn from prelims in addition to a quantity that only the top 10 finalists would earn). Keep in mind EVERYONE on the servers affected gets this compensation - and don't try telling me that EVERYONE on your server would normally finish top 10 in finals, coz even if that were the case (which is not likely), there would only be 10 players of each class - yet you'd like everyone on the server to receive that much. That's not how a compensation pack is designed.
        making the top 100 means the lowest you can make is 2000 since the payout for 50th-100th IS 2000 glory crystals. Everybody has a chance to make that top 100 because you can cheat your way into it because of their flawed programming process.
        A compensation package is meant to statisify a customer because the business caused you a issue. The "compensation package" they sent out was a slap in the face to all the people on all the servers that went down. People made plans and made investments of their time and money for a once a month event that they were locked out of.

Comment

R2 gained a lot out of this event(and they continue to make more from those servers that were not affected). I cannot imagine how much some of the participants spent in preparation for CW. They would not have done so if not for this event. Put simply, people paid for the chance to place in the Top 100. To have that taken away because of a thing such as server downtime during the event, which should not have happened at all would be tantamount to fraud. As Bob said, 200 glory crystals is a huge slap in the face. Combined with what I earned from the remaining matches I would have made more had I not missed any. It would have been better if you gathered the names of the people who scored points in the CW(proof that they participated) and give ALL of them the RIGHT compensation packs, not give them to everyone, including people who did not even care about CW. It's hard work, but you guys gotta earn what we shelled out for this event.

Comment

I was attempting to explain that to those that are competitive in the game, yes, all compensation packs almost always are a huge slap in the face. My example was that the gold/daru compensated for missing a WB being drastically lower than the normal amounts obtained by competitive players; yet more than quite a few players would typically earn. Also, people act like gold/tokens/etc. spent in preparation for CW should also be considered into their compensation packs without acknowledging the fact that many players do the exact same thing, yet still are unable to win much in preliminaries - these players would LOVE to get the bonus 200 crystals you have been granted as compensation for the duration of 5 "no-show" matches.

I, as a competitive player totally agree that all compensation packs for missed events, for whatever reason, usually just add insult to injury, but I understand WHY the packs happen to be the way they are - everyone on your server gets an equivalent value so as to prevent significant growth gaps as a result of the compensation pack, and keep in mind they are NOT obligated to grant any compensation packs whatsoever. The thing I'd be complaining about (were the situation to happen to me) wouldn't be over the quantities of glory crystals, I'd complain solely over the loss of the opportunity to participate - unfortunately, there's no way they can compensate you with an additional preliminary round experience - the event has ended and will only occur again next month; thus, being compensated with glory crystals (while insulting to some) should simply be looked upon as "dang, that happened. there's no possible way for them to properly compensate for the lost experience, but sure, I'll take those bonus glory crystals; something is always better than nothing".

I'm not trying to be cross, I'm not saying your frustrations are unwarranted, it's just that there really is NO good method to compensate for this situation. Yet, you have at least been given something - obviously they are sympathetic to your plight since they did at least give something. And as for the quantities of the compensation - I've already tried explaining why they are at the values they are (very little to a high-spectrum player, but more than low-spectrum players would have normally earned from the rounds that were missed - it's mean or median value among all players possibly affected so that it nets an average for all players that could possibly have been affected. If I were in the situation, sure I'd complain, but as the logic behind the low quantity from compensation is explained in addition to the understanding of the fact that they cannot compensate an additional preliminary round would eventually make sense and although I'd likely still be furious and frustrated, I'd eventually understand and at least be glad I got something for it.

Comment

Don't fully agree Sinned. The amount they gave is the same to losing all rounds in CW. They could have made it more. This is indeed adding insult to injury towards alot of people.
              I know they shouldn't compensate, but it's still a slap in the face.
              Player Class: Archer
              Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                Don't fully agree Sinned. The amount they gave is the same to losing all rounds in CW. They could have made it more. This is indeed adding insult to injury towards alot of people.
                I know they shouldn't compensate, but it's still a slap in the face.
                200 isn't the amount you would of gained for losing all rounds though. It's have that.
                80*5 = 400
                140*5 = 700
                180*5 = 900
                900+700+400 = 2,000 Which is the min Prelim points you can get.

Prelim Points coverted to Glory Crystals is Prelim/5.

Aka min Glory Crystals you should receive is 400. If they gave only 200 to affected servers then they gave half of the minimum.

Edit: Nvm just back read some of the previous 2 pages of posts I missed. So they only missed 5-7 matches? Then yeah 200 would of been as if they lost them all.
                Last edited by Daehawk; 08-24-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

agree!!! not affected player but this is very low of r2
                  • S69 - Corftey ravine
                  • H4D3S
                  • lvl 76 archer
                  • 103k br

Comment

whahaha they lost a lot of money on wager!! total wager pot lower then they first released it..... good job guys!!

Comment

lol 4 days purchased no balenls f.ck r2!! it saves me money now!! thx for this big mess up!! really ty R2!!

Comment

really thank you!!! thank you again!! and thank you again!! and thx again lol!!

Comment

ty again!!!!

Comment

This was a slap in the face to all the players on all the affected servers maybe they wouldnt of made the top 100 maybe they would have but 200 glory crystals is an insult. These players spent money not only on pots n scrolls and gem swaps but on the wagers too. But to have 2 players that I know of who spend a lot of money in this game get 200 crystals is an insult. Invasion and Angelus not only spent alot of money on this game there also 2 nice and helpful people. Bobbobiddy is also a nice person and a great friend he has also spent his fair share of money on this game and to treat not only them but all these players cashiers and non cashiers alike like this is an insult. I have worked in Customer service almost my entire life and am 42 years old. I have seen smaller companies and managers do more for people then R2 did for its "players without of whom Wartune would not have made 1 year or hit 3 million players". You as a company are a joke and really need to look hard at your customer service skills.

Comment

Read R2 ToS!! It says they have the rights to deny any claims and or faults. Tough schmit luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X