Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for Class Wars Cheat

Problem
    In the most recent class wars, I did everything I could to buff up my character. I drank level five potions, used scrolls, adjusted astros, even activated a one hour VIP card I had been holding since Christmas so I could use the panda. I got my battle rating up to a respectable 69K. I participated in class wars and did not make top 100. Though it was disappointing, I was not surprised. That was until I saw who had made the top 100 from my server. A player with almost 20K LESS BR!!

I did some inquiring as to how that was even possible. I found that the tactic was simple: CHEAT.
    The cheat is rather simple: strip off all your gear, then go AFK for the first three to five fights. This will give you a much easier fight in the later rounds which are worth more points.

If this sounds familiar to you then you probably remember the scandal in the last Olympics when this was attempted. (See article here.)

Solution
    A simple two pronged fix can easily block this cheat. Upon entering the class war you are given a notice to have everything ready, (just like in the the spire). Then once in, your backpack is locked for the duration of class wars. If you leave the CW ready room a penalty should be applied which is loss of all points and a ten minute delay to return to CW, (similar to battlegrounds).
    NOTE:refreshing or a relogin should put you back in CW with NO penalties, (again like spire and battlegrounds).

Pros
    This will truly allow us to see who is the best of each class and reward hard work and preparation.

Cons
    This will highly irritate those who will say its not cheating, just strategy.

Poll
    I will also include a poll for you to easily weigh in with your opinion.
    No, I want to cheat!
    7.48%
    Yes, let's stop the cheating!
    61.68%
    I dont care.
    30.84%

The poll is expired.

Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
    Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
    #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
    #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

This is actually a good suggestion.

Instead of having weird players being nekkid, we'll have an actual Competition.

However, we should still be able to use Pots and Scrolls (since Scrolls only last 30 mins, unless you use 2 of them before entering CW)

Still need a bit better matching tho.

Comment

[QUOTE=The cheat is rather simple: strip off all your gear, then go AFK for the first three to five fights. This will give you a much easier fight in the later rounds which are worth more points. [/QUOTE]

Really? It work? I though CW are suppose to be a random match. And it should be level range as well. It kinda not fair of how u fight lvl 70+ when you are lvl 69 or below.
      ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
      -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
      ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
      (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

[The cheat is rather simple: strip off all your gear, then go AFK for the first three to five fights. This will give you a much easier fight in the later rounds which are worth more points.]

Really? It work? I though CW are suppose to be a random match. And it should be level range as well. It kinda not fair of how u fight lvl 70+ when you are lvl 69 or below.

Srry, for double posts.
        ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
        -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
        ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
        (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

I just want to point out right here that I clicked on Poll Results out of curiousity to see what people thought, and the one thing that stood out to me is that A MODERATOR voted "I don't care". This is who we are dealing with guys, so based off of the Moderator's opinion which is reflected off R2, we can assume that they simply do not care about the glitches or anything as long as they are getting their money.

Comment

I've mentioned this before and people would tell me noo... it's compeletly random, but the only people that know how class wars matching works is the people who created the game and use their patches.

Seems to me it goes like this, first couple fights are to determine who goes into a harder bracket or who goes in a group of other people who lost. If you lose your first couple fights you will be put in an easier bracket to get more wins and points.

If it's based on what people think at random then the fights wouldn't get harder as you go.

So ya I am almost certain this is how lower br/level characters get in top 100 cause just like last night I stated in another thread, people were naked, had templars off and afked the first couple fights. There would be no other reason to do that then some kinda trick they discovered to get in top 100 easier. If this doesn't get fixed i'll be doing the same thing next month then. People say it's based on wins, I think it's based on points but the only people who know for sure is r2 and 7 roads.

Also they need to fix the timer.. 2 minutes inbetween fights kill scrolls fast, I have to buy two of each to last the entire cw and at 30 crypt tokens a piece that seems like a waste,.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobasaurusREX_ View Post
              I just want to point out right here that I clicked on Poll Results out of curiousity to see what people thought, and the one thing that stood out to me is that A MODERATOR voted "I don't care". This is who we are dealing with guys, so based off of the Moderator's opinion which is reflected off R2, we can assume that they simply do not care about the glitches or anything as long as they are getting their money.
              Mod is actually regular players with a time-limit as forum mod, they're not actual R2 employee.

However... knowing R2 and 7Road... that might as well be true anyways, LOL.

Comment

Does this actually work?? I have my doubts on this

I did not strip off in CW for any fights and ended up with 3600 points, which was 50 less than the last CW.
                A guildie, same class and roughly the same strength (give or take a few points) did strip off for 3 fights and ended with less points than me.

Also another guild member who has 10k more BR than me ended with 10 points less, which leads me to believe that the only thing that effects the prelims is pure LUCK.

There is no way to either prove or disprove that stripping works, but in my experience based on the above it doesn't

Comment

It works, there is a 48k BR mage that made top 100 while my Guildmate level 64 with 65k+ BR didn't.

All because that 48k BR went nikked in the first few rounds. (how we know? cause our lower level mages actually fought that 48k when CW started...)

Think I'll go nikked next time too for the first 2 or 3 round just to test it out (I probably won't make Top 100 anyways, no non-cashers do)
                  I'll see if I'll get more points this way.
                  ^IF they decide not to add in this thread's suggestion.

Comment

Wow, I have to say I thought this might get more traction.
                    Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                    Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                    #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                    #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                      Does this actually work?? I have my doubts on this

I did not strip off in CW for any fights and ended up with 3600 points, which was 50 less than the last CW.
                      A guildie, same class and roughly the same strength (give or take a few points) did strip off for 3 fights and ended with less points than me.

Also another guild member who has 10k more BR than me ended with 10 points less, which leads me to believe that the only thing that effects the prelims is pure LUCK.

There is no way to either prove or disprove that stripping works, but in my experience based on the above it doesn't
                      yess its all about luck, matching system is random.
                      i met my same opponent 2 times, n it happened 2x each class war... what bout that, am i luck or what, coz i win easy 4 x...
                      ITSS ABOUT LUCK GUYS
                      JUST PLAY the GAME
                      Starts from the Heart, Do it with Sincerity, and Enjoy the Fun

Comment

The OP and his supporters are so damn wrong on all fronts. I had a guildie claim the same thing, that you got easier opponents if you just DIDN'T even do the first 3 rounds, so started with 0 points on round 4. Well he got a crude wake-up call last CW.
                        People aren't matched on win/loss, they are matched on total points at that time. So yes, while throwing or not competing in the first 3 will give you easier opponents the next few rounds, as you win and thus gather more and more points, you'll be matched with players of the same/similar total points. The biggest issue is that matching within the same/similar total points is completely random, so yes you could have people with very high br's being matched against each other, while weaker people are matched against each other, thus having the one strong person that lost at a disadvantage, cause he could've taken those 2 weaker ones, but not that other strong one that beat him. Getting into the top 100 now is based in large part on LUCK. The only way this can be mostly avoided fairly, is having longer preliminaries or more preliminaries, since the effect of lucky draws will diminish over time because of the matching on total points works better when there have been more battles to truly spread out the playing field.

PS. The IOC was completely WRONG to eject those teams. They didn't break any rule, whatever the IOC may claim about Olympic spirit, since that is that competing is more important than winning, it says nothing about having to try your best all the time. If doing something like that actually works, there's nothing wrong with the players, the game is flawed. They should fix the competition format so that things like that can't be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomslaya View Post
                          I had a guildie claim the same thing, that you got easier opponents if you just DIDN'T even do the first 3 rounds, so started with 0 points on round 4. Well he got a crude wake-up call last CW.
                          People aren't matched on win/loss, they are matched on total points at that time.
                          Thank you, thats what I was saying, though your guildy lost out on 150 points for not fighting in the first 3 rounds, unlike those that intentionally lose a fight.

Comment

so... how many ppls are gonna try this out? lol...

And yes, having 0 points and 150 points makes a large difference.

Because players at 0 points might be the same a you, they might be stronger or weaker

however, players with 150 points usually means they lost (or is another "cheater") and thus most times they will be weaker

Comment

Originally posted by Reng_O_Reng View Post
                              yess its all about luck, matching system is random.
                              i met my same opponent 2 times, n it happened 2x each class war... what bout that, am i luck or what, coz i win easy 4 x...
                              ITSS ABOUT LUCK GUYS
                              JUST PLAY the GAME
                              NO ITS NOT.

matching is based on the points you gained. the only random is the first fight, because all people started with 0 points.
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X