This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to say Good bye

I've been playing wartune for about 6 months now and finally my journey is coming to an end. Usally I would just quit and that would be the end of it but hopefully some of you understand where i'm coming from on why am I quitting and hopefully help you make the decision on if it's worth staying or not. This game is unblanced, no one can refute that but is it to unblanced to where it just sucks the fun out of it ? Imo yes. When I first started playing it was because I seen a link and clicked on cause I was home bored and just looking for something to do. Without knowing what a pay 2 win game is since I never played one I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I started off leveling, pretty quick thinking this game is pretty easy. The next day I found myself playing again wanted to level. I kept getting on this game cause I got hooked on wanting to accomplish something, better gear higher level each thing had something to work for so I got sucked in. I noticed people on my server since it was slightly new start getting things like wings and clothes so I figured it's not that much i'll throw in some money to get it. Then after while of playing I started noticing more mounts were coming out, more people were upgrading clothes so I figured to keep up i'll throw in some more cash. Up to level 55, this game was a blast.. then 60 came. By now people have spent hundreds of dollars upgrading gear, buying spirit coventant, crypt tokens, money on wb etc just to stay ahead and win at wb. Gear became alot harder to get so I figured i'll just buy the crysalloids to get the 60 and save my self grinding for months. By the time we hit 60, someone in our group who we ran with ended up quitting because he spent so much time and money in the game he was missing stuff out in real life but didn't wanna just quit because he knew he would fall behind if he took a break from the game for a month or two on our server. So when we decided to save time to buy the crystalloids that was his pushing point and quit, he wasn't going to spend more time and money in this game.

What I came to realize playing this game is that there is no end game to reach. Level cap is 80, end game is 70 legendary, but that's only until the new patch comes out and then the level increases and 80 gear comes out among other stuff that's more then likely going to be pay to consume and get ahead.

For most you will always have people who have played this game for months and months ahead of you, spent tons more money then you ever will and you will never ever catch up. It will always be like that and no matter how much you complain or I complain on forums is ever going to make this game cheaper or more balanced.. let's just face it.

Now I don't hate people who spend a ton of money in this game and I also give huge props to people who play this game for free.. you have it alot harder then anyone else.. People who say you are playing the game for free that tell you to shut up cause cashers are what is paying for this for you too play dont listen to that ****. You play the game and you do it in hard mode , where as cashers including myself get easy mode.

This game like other games are addicting, you find yourself spending alot of time on this game and spending more money then you should just to keep up or try to get ahead, but what you have to ask yourself is it worth it? Calculate how many hours you spend playing this game, then count how many days a week you log in and then how many months you have played. On average I spend 6 to 7 hours a day in this game 7 days a week, it's alot I know it's about 49 hrs a week. so in 6 months I have spent 1, 176 hours in this game. thats almost 50 days playing 24 hours non stop if you add it up in days by 24hrs.

What I have accomplished in 6 months is reaching level 70 and 60 non legendary gear only cause I bought 600 crystalloids of what I needed. By the time I get legendary it will be another couple months, by the time I get 70 gear it will be another 4 or 5 months to make it legendary added more months. By then new level cap will come out and new gear. This game has done nothing by suck money out of people and hours spent doing nothing productive in fact not even fun anymore, it's all a constant grind everyday.

So I came to realize that I will never catch up , there really is no end to spending money and time in this game and even if you wanna take a break from this game you will fall further behind. They even made it so if you dont pay even when your not playing you lose vip levels so I would have to pay for something im not even playing just so i dont lose levels in Vip or else if I did decide to come back I'd have to start all over with level 1 vip.

So this is my last week of playing. I know people who say they put to much time and money in this game to quit, but what they don't realize is how much more time and money they are going to have to spend to try to catch up or keep up, so for alot of you this game is an addiction. Up to you if you want to break that addiction and use your time and money on something of more value or not, but for me i'm not letting this game control my time and money anymore. I've broke the addiction and moving on from gaming for awhile to spend more of my time being more productive and spending that time with friends and loved ones. This whole summer flew by so fast cause I spent so much time on this game that I missed half the summer indoors playing this game. you only have one life to live so don't waste it playing a game you will eventually quit because you can't get that time or money back.

As for the people on forums, I know i'm out spoken and probably said some stuff I shouldn't and I apoligize. When I play games I get a gamers mentality where everything is a competition, everyone is out to get you or make you look bad and that's another thing that I want to get ride of.

So farewell and if you happy playing this game, have the extra income to throw away or maybe even disabled and cant go out and do stuff and gaming is the only joy you can have in life then continue playing, no hate or judgement here. For the rest of you who got sucked into this addiction I hope you get what I'm trying to say and can break your addiction and move on because by the time you realize how much time you spent and money you spent on this game and quit their is no getting any of that money or time spent back. Most i'm trying to do is save you from wasting more money and time then you already have.
    Last edited by Tehlawlfirm; 08-23-2013, 09:55 PM.

Bye bye
    Gl with life

Comment

Thanks and I hope no one takes this out of context. I know r2 is a business and their goal is to make money and I'm not trying to slame anyone for spending money or playing this game. Just I know for me and alot of people this is the reality of this game and some people might need that push to make a decision to break that addiction.

Comment

One if the biggest reason ppl quit is because everything is X-server now. The game wouldn't cost so much or time if players didn't have to compete with every casher on every other server and platform. The recent class wars was a prime example. Unless players spend many 10 of thousands there is no chance to catch up to the top. New servers open up almost daily and I can't understand how it stays active. I find most players go to an older server to get help. Cross server was probably the deal breaker for most. We used to know who to avoid in the BG and players would not stay a certain lvl there because there would be no one to fight if they did. With Cross server I found players at level 39 for the last 4 to 6 months and it is on ever level group. I suspect this game needs some reworking to keep things fair and enjoyable and sorry to see you leave.

Comment

bye bye enjoy life

Comment

This is a very good post, and it did reflect what I had been thinking.

I think the 7Roads Games developers did realize that this game is TOO time consuming, hence with the changes. MPD attempts drop from 5 to 3 to 1. However, they started adding in more events for people to do (first Spire, then Tanks, then Tower of Kings). The reason for adding this is that (some) players complain about the lack of stuff (you could even see such complains around here). Usually these complains are by new players who started.

For an older player (one who has played more than 6 months), more events means more time spent on the game.

At this point, most players want to spend a couple of hours in this game and be done with daily chores. We love the weekly GBs, or the monthly CWs. But the hunger of the players means more content must be released.

Everyone will quit at some point -- my time is not up yet. But I can understand why you are leaving.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

This game does make people wasting a lot of times and money. It does their choices after all, but games are games. The more you play, the more you get addicted, and you desire to pay to get some extra content.

I also start get inactive after this week. Got real stuff to do. Start to live my real life, and quit living in Game World.

Good Bye, and good luck on everything you do. Btw, you should try to get PS4 or Xbox 1. Pretty cool games. Even you still pay, but the games in there such as Black ops 2. You can play and quit anytimes. Not like Wartune. Everything by time events. And if you bored with games. You can even sell PS4. For Wartune is no. You pay, you bored, and trash. Get nothing back but negative things
              ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
              -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
              ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
              (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Thanks.. Like playstation games or xbox online you can take a break come back and not be behind. If I ever decide to come back to gaming it will be a game like that. I dont mind paying a subscription, what I do mind is being pentalized for taking a break for real life stuff . For that reason Wartune will always be a problem, while it's a fun game I don't see myself spending thousands of dollars and a year or 2 to get where some people are at now just to get to that point and realize now the level cap is out, new gear and people spent thousands more.

Comment

I haven't touched my Wii for like a year now... don't even have Wii U...

I was hoping to play MHO... but they blocked off NA release.

There are so many negatives I could say about Wartune, but ppls will just say troll, so there's no real point to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                    I haven't touched my Wii for like a year now... don't even have Wii U...

I was hoping to play MHO... but they blocked off NA release.

There are so many negatives I could say about Wartune, but ppls will just say troll, so there's no real point to post it.

I think people know the negatives of wartune, but can't accept it. Like I posted before, alot of people when they play games get a gamers menatlity , not on purpose it just comes with playing the game, being around other people who have it etc. But I know what your talking about, I've accepted it and hence why I'm moving forth.

Comment

You could:

• Try listen to Kpop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWlVxkhdc0

Click image for larger version

Name:	BSX-Winter-Wallpapers-g-dragon-33243899-1280-1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	1673490

• Watch anime: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/narut...ed-online-free

Name:	naruto_bijuu_mode_by_lariz19-d4nkmy8.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	1673491

Name:	sword_art_online_by_sakimichan-d69cxwk.jpg
Size:	760.7 KB
ID:	1673492

↑ Sword Art Online. Very good anime for gamer

----------------(\_/)
                      -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                      (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

I don't understand why if you hate this game so much and think you're wasting your time, why are you still posting?

Think I'm old enough to know what's good for me and what I want to do.

Instead of trying to compete with heavy cashers, why don't you try spending 20$ each month, doing your best and just enjoy the game?

If you have fun, play, you don't have fun, well just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
                          You could:

↑ Sword Art Online. Very good anime for gamer
                          HaHaHaHaHa! Best joke i heard in years. 10/10 points for you, good sir.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                            I don't understand why if you hate this game so much and think you're wasting your time, why are you still posting?

Think I'm old enough to know what's good for me and what I want to do.

Instead of trying to compete with heavy cashers, why don't you try spending 20$ each month, doing your best and just enjoy the game?

If you have fun, play, you don't have fun, well just stop.

Never said i hated the game and if you read my post you would know why I posted. Trying to help some peopl come to a decision if they have the same thoughts I do, you obviously don't so have fun spending all your time on this game instead of real life that's your choice but don't bash my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              HaHaHaHaHa! Best joke i heard in years. 10/10 points for you, good sir.
                              Very very very good animes

----------------(\_/)
                              -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                              (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Working...
                              X