This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Guild Penalty TOO LONG

Why is the penalty for leaving a guild a 24 HOUR wait before you can join another guild?

What if a person ends up joining a guild that he doesn't like?
    What if a really bad guild spams their guild invites? *Most guilds do this... no introduction style*

I propose it should be cut down to at the very most 5 hours and the very least an hour.
    Wartune:
    Server: [S3]Worg Lair
    Name: Cashmere
    Guild: Kingdom

My
    My

24 hour is a pretty good standard for a time-based game since it acts as a small deterrent to guild hopping. I've seen games that go up to 72 hour penalties for leaving guilds. Honestly, 24 hours isn't a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownid View Post
      24 hour is a pretty good standard for a time-based game since it acts as a small deterrent to guild hopping. I've seen games that go up to 72 hour penalties for leaving guilds. Honestly, 24 hours isn't a big deal.
      Yeah your right

Comment

You may ask the guild leader politely to kick you out as soon as you log out. That is if they are there to kick you out. The 24hr penalty will cease to exist this way.
        [S7] Serpent's Den
        IGN: Million
        Guild: Nizami

Comment

The first time you leave a guild should be free. The second time, 4 hours. The third, 8 hours. Fourth, 12 hours. Etc etc. Or something along that vein.
          Also don't get why you lose all remaining contribution once you're gone. Skills cost. A lot. I don't wanna put in 90% contribution for my next level and then the GM decides to be a **** and kick me or something. Should get your gold back.

Comment

Oh yeah! True about the guildmaster being a baddie! So GMs, please consider a restriction on kicking someone for fun. Like a questionnaire of some sort before the booting process. To make sure they dont abuse the power! Banhammer!

Comment

You can buy item in cash shop to remove the time wait

Comment

24 hour penalty is fine. Although, doing something about people losing contribution isn't a bad idea. I do tend to kick in actives who have been gone for a few days. So, if they did ever comeback they should at the very least have some contribution for rejoining or going to another guild. I remember the days where you had to wait a week to join another guild...... and this guy wants a 4 hour penalty O_o ***!

Comment

Originally posted by choukage View Post
                  24 hour penalty is fine. Although, doing something about people losing contribution isn't a bad idea. I do tend to kick in actives who have been gone for a few days. So, if they did ever comeback they should at the very least have some contribution for rejoining or going to another guild. I remember the days where you had to wait a week to join another guild...... and this guy wants a 4 hour penalty O_o ***!
                  First, not a guy. Just pointing that out. Not really important.
                  Second, learn2read? I said "or something along that vein". 4 just happened to have been the first number that popped into my head and it wasn't even the point. The point was to scale the penalty according to the amount of times you've left a guild. And just because a week-long penalty was done in one (or even several) games doesn't mean it needs to be emulated in every game.

Comment

People should not be guild hoppers. If a person can go from 1-3 guilds in a day there is something wrong with the game. I can see putting in an a few hour grace period to leave Once every week or so when someone accidentally join due to a spam invite or does not like the atmosphere. You are a guy until there is substantial proof otherwise. Guilds are not something to be made light of

Comment

It teaches people to gain info on the guild first, then they can not join or join.
                      Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
                      Level: 130
                      Class: Rogue
                      Plane: Eidolon
                      Honor: Emperor
                      Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
                      Guild: Rebels
                      Pet: DemonKing

Comment

Lol you can continue to contemplate my gender then. I'm not pandering to you.

The penalty isn't just against hoppers, it's against everyone. There's only so much you're going to learn about a guild and its members without joining. What if you join and it turns out there's someone (or even a group) there that just doesn't like you? Or you've been talking to someone and they're great and so, you decide to join them and it turns out their leader hasn't been on in days and ends up not being on for several more days or not coming back at all? There are plenty of examples of it being a matter of you needing to find another guild rather than just wanting to.

The penalty is in place for guild jumpers, yes? Well, everyone is still going to get hit by it regardless of why you leave. The penalty isn't going to stop all jumpers, just like the chat text limit doesn't stop all spammers. All I'm saying is there needs to be a balance between those who need and those who want. You can't just lump everyone into once category to attempt fixing a problem. It'll just create another.

Comment

I think I posted this when I just started playing and joined an Indian language guild. lol

Since then my opinion has changed. And besides there's a bypass.
                          Wartune:

My
                          My

Comment

You mean to say Kingdom was not your first family? :/
                            [S7] Serpent's Den
                            IGN: Million
                            Guild: Nizami

Comment

Pff, Kingdom is my first family.
                              All I ever did in the indo guild was spam boca boca boca, whatever that meant. lol
                              Wartune:

My
                              My

Comment

Working...
                              X