Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

The music

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    Pulling this quote simply for the "do you really think it's okay to rip music" part, though it's not really directed toward you.

    Every game has this type of thread where people compare music, sound effects, art work, etc with every other game under the sun and claim the game is ripping off the original. Crystal Saga has many threads about how much it's "ripped off" from other games. But, it's still here, and no changes have been made, so.... if it was really ripped off then the owners of the copyrighted materials would have already had it all removed, right?

    How do any of us know the real owners of the content haven't licensed out the use of the material, or flat out sold the rights? We don't. It's probably the actual scenario too.

    Rights to use copyrighted materials are sold all the time in every industry- it's how a lot of major companies earn extra revenue. Easiest example of this would be movie theaters- movie theaters purchase the rights to show the films. It's very expensive to purchase the rights, but a lot of theaters make their money back by selling tickets to see the movie. It's why not every theater plays some movies, and why some theaters play last year's movies. The movie producers also purchase the rights to use music in the film, they make this money back from the sales to the theaters. This is why piracy hurts companies- no money being paid to use the content means someone on the chain isn't getting paid.

    Now, apply that to the game world, specifically the mass produced style games that are offered on many platforms. The creators of games like this aren't looking to create original soundtracks, they are looking to getting a working product out as quick as possible to generate revenue to continue the process. R2Games didn't create wartunes or crystal saga, they license them to provide them to gamers in various demographics and often in a different language.

    So, in the end, if you guys really want to complain about Wartunes "ripping off" other games, you should track down the creators of the game and complain to them. Good luck with that.
    I just wanted to quote this to say.. Exactly... -.- Except i wasn't trying to make a wall post LoL. God Bless R2 Mods hehe
    Crystal Saga
    CarnivorousX
    Celestial Palace
    Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
    Guild Edan

    WarTune
    Temple of Ibalize
    Archer Lvl 4x
    Faithful of Malicious

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by CarnivorousX View Post
      I just wanted to quote this to say.. Exactly... -.- Except i wasn't trying to make a wall post LoL. God Bless R2 Mods hehe
      Wall of text is like a silencer. Who really wants to read all of that and then bother to try to make a logical counter argument? :P
      Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

      Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

      Rules of the Forum are found here.

      R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        Pulling this quote simply for the "do you really think it's okay to rip music" part, though it's not really directed toward you.

        Every game has this type of thread where people compare music, sound effects, art work, etc with every other game under the sun and claim the game is ripping off the original. Crystal Saga has many threads about how much it's "ripped off" from other games. But, it's still here, and no changes have been made, so.... if it was really ripped off then the owners of the copyrighted materials would have already had it all removed, right?
        That's assuming Chinese developers give two craps about Copyright law. And it's pretty clear they don't, since the government doesn't enforce IPRs at all.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelle...ublic_of_China

        Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        How do any of us know the real owners of the content haven't licensed out the use of the material, or flat out sold the rights? We don't. It's probably the actual scenario too.
        Maybe if there was one game in question here. But I can count at least 4 different examples of blatant thievery from games made by different companies. If you're telling me they actually bought the rights to that many things, you must think I was born yesterday.

        Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        Now, apply that to the game world, specifically the mass produced style games that are offered on many platforms. The creators of games like this aren't looking to create original soundtracks, they are looking to getting a working product out as quick as possible to generate revenue to continue the process. R2Games didn't create wartunes or crystal saga, they license them to provide them to gamers in various demographics and often in a different language.
        That's true, R2 isn't at fault here, it was the developers of Wartune. Still, you make a profit off of it. So you're benefiting directly from IPR thievery.

        Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        So, in the end, if you guys really want to complain about Wartunes "ripping off" other games, you should track down the creators of the game and complain to them. Good luck with that.
        I'm sure they know already, but they can't do anything about it because of the lack of IPR enforcement in China. But just because you can get away with it doesn't mean you should do it. I've seen many upstanding Chinese game developers come out in the last decade and their reputation gets tarnished because of a few jerks.

        You talk about the game from a business point of view. That's fine, but at the end of the day, it's still a game. People play it and buy in-game products because the want to play that game.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          Wall of text is like a silencer. Who really wants to read all of that and then bother to try to make a logical counter argument? :P
          Yo. I got all the time in the world.

          And my wall of text is bigger

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
            And my wall of text is bigger
            Yours just has more spaces.

            Anyway, the original point of this thread was to point out how r2games was ripping off music from another game. Copyright laws or not, the music is provided in the license to the game, so, it's still not r2 ripping off music, especially if in the contract it says they aren't allowed to change it.

            Short and sweet cause there really is no point in arguing about it Just bugs me to constantly see these types of threads in every single game I've ever played.
            Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

            Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

            Rules of the Forum are found here.

            R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
              Anyway, the original point of this thread was to point out how r2games was ripping off music from another game. Copyright laws or not, the music is provided in the license to the game, so, it's still not r2 ripping off music, especially if in the contract it says they aren't allowed to change it.
              Right. I'm sure Blizzard and Square Enix gave their license to some random international developer.

              Did they give out free cake and pie too?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                Did they give out free cake and pie too?
                Probably at the company picnics.

                There's a lot of residual money in licensing, so it's entirely possible, if they were the ones who composed the scores (otherwise the composer holds the rights and is free to do as they please).
                Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                Rules of the Forum are found here.

                R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                Comment


                • #23
                  also noticed music from morrowind :P

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    the sound when you level up a building is the SAME as the sound when you level up in WoW

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Yung_Militant View Post
                      also noticed music from morrowind :P
                      Originally posted by killerdaniel View Post
                      the sound when you level up a building is the SAME as the sound when you level up in WoW
                      Yup. Every single SFX and BGM I've found can be traced to a popular game.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        also this game have tauren monsters that looks very similar to warcraft taurens and how many games got taurens in it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by killerdaniel View Post
                          also this game have tauren monsters that looks very similar to warcraft taurens and how many games got taurens in it?
                          The Tauren race were created in the earlier Warcraft games, but I don't think they are directly copyrighted. It's fine to pull mythical races from other games as long as you aren't directly ripping artwork or sprites.

                          On the contrary, 7 Road drew nice original models for them- the art in Wartune is fantastic. It's a shame they didn't put half as much effort into anything else.
                          Last edited by LordMagus; 08-24-2012, 02:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            looks like the OP was right
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx0RODG1BVc this is the main battle theme for wartune
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XqE5VSFuFM and this is the boss theme in wartune. Note the fact that the last remmant came out in 2008 and the fact that square enix has shut down a NON PROFIT game based on a chrono trigger rom mod in the past (google Crimson Echoes if you dont belive me)
                            i wonder if i can find more
                            Last edited by killerdaniel; 08-25-2012, 07:35 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              -Still amazed this thread is ongoing-
                              Crystal Saga
                              CarnivorousX
                              Celestial Palace
                              Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                              Guild Edan

                              WarTune
                              Temple of Ibalize
                              Archer Lvl 4x
                              Faithful of Malicious

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I wonder when will this ever ends cuz its pointless to discuss.

                                @Killerdaneil
                                was that the SNES platform of Chrono Trigger?

                                @LordMagus
                                have you ever played WoW? if you notice the upcoming patch/expansion they too were ripping stuff to make it good?
                                "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

                                CoS (CBT) - Kazue <Goblin - Arcanist>
                                CoS (OBT) - Kazue <Ostenian - Arcanist>[S1 The Heartlands]
                                Broken Realm - Kirai <Mage - Cleric>[S7 The Bloody Wilderness]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X