Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The music

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The music

Is ripped right from The Last Remnant. Come on man.

everything is ripped in this game, several thing i know are from WoW, Valkyrie profile and of course the Last remnant, im a chinese myself but feel why the chinese cant creative enough to made game with their own imagination without steal it from japan and USA. even though i admit this game is very good.

Comment

It seems like absolutely everything in Wartune was stolen except the hero art. All sound effects and music were ripped directly from copyrighted games.

I don't think this was half as bad in Crystal Saga, at least that had it's own soundtrack.

Comment

here's a few question, do you think that WoW or any other games didn't steal idea's from other online game?
        online game companies will always base there idea's or they usually rip'em from other company. you think Square Enix didn't steal character from Walt Disney if you played Kingdom Hearts?

ill put this up short, its "Common Knowledge".
        "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

CoS (CBT) - Kazue <Goblin - Arcanist>
        CoS (OBT) - Kazue <Ostenian - Arcanist>[S1 The Heartlands]
        Broken Realm - Kirai <Mage - Cleric>[S7 The Bloody Wilderness]

Comment

Originally posted by ygrakz View Post
          here's a few question, do you think that WoW or any other games didn't steal idea's from other online game?
          online game companies will always base there idea's or they usually rip'em from other company. you think Square Enix didn't steal character from Walt Disney if you played Kingdom Hearts?
          Uh, Kingdom Hearts was done in partnership with Disney. I'm pretty sure R2 didn't get Blizzard's (or the 10 other games they ripped **** from) endorsement to use their music, sound effects, icons or other material. There's also a difference between being inspired by and directly ripping something off. Intellectual Property laws exist, even if some Chinese developers choose to ignore them. I know not all do, but this is a good example of that abuse.

Originally posted by ygrakz View Post
          ill put this up short, its "Common Knowledge".
          You're thinking of the fair use policy, and this most certainly does not apply, since R2 is making a profit off the game.

Comment

@LordMagus
            anyway you should try to figure it out yourself why game companies steal stuff, besides the only thing that was against it was piracy. which blizzard manage to sue private server years ago. and private server is what you called a total game ripping. about Common Knowledge try being a game maker or producer you'll know what i mean.

im not sure how many games are there that also has rip soundtracks or icons. what's best thing to do is leave it as it is. try playing other games and you'll find stuff you can find anywhere too.

Comment

Unfortunatly yeah, i've noticed the music, sound effects and icons from multiple games already.
              I just hope they don't get sued as Wartune is a really great game.
              ♥ Shermie ♥

Comment

I'm not trying to be a lawyer here, I'm trying to encourage originality.

I've written and created music for a game I made before. It was nothing spectacular, but it was original.

If you can program a game as big as Wartune, it can't be hard to make music and sound effects for it.

Comment

Does it really matter? Since Video games were created the Only original one was the very 1st. Every game after that was "borrowed" or "Stolen" or 'Ripped" from something else. In a world were every thing has been done it is hard to do anything that is 100% your own. But more importantly... Who cares? Personally I think it is a great game. Addicting. Fun.. and I LOVE the Bullhorns. Keeps world chat spamming down. =) But "haters are going to hate." Keep up the good work R2. Can't wait to see what is in store for the future... Like MarketPlace, which I assume is like Auction House.
                  Crystal Saga
                  CarnivorousX
                  Celestial Palace
                  Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                  Guild Edan

WarTune
                  Temple of Ibalize
                  Archer Lvl 4x
                  Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Originally posted by CarnivorousX View Post
                    Does it really matter? Since Video games were created the Only original one was the very 1st. Every game after that was "borrowed" or "Stolen" or 'Ripped" from something else. In a world were every thing has been done it is hard to do anything that is 100% your own. But more importantly... Who cares? Personally I think it is a great game. Addicting. Fun.. and I LOVE the Bullhorns. Keeps world chat spamming down. =) But "haters are going to hate." Keep up the good work R2. Can't wait to see what is in store for the future... Like MarketPlace, which I assume is like Auction House.
                    Uh, no. You sound just like ygrakz. Do you really think it's okay to rip music directly from another game? And people make original games every single day, look at the indie game scene in America and the doujin scene in Japan.

Comment

I think when you fight a world boss or go into dungeons, it should start playing some Hardstyle, that'll get you pumped up and ready.
                      power, speed, precision and fear no pain - Muay Thai motto

Comment

Originally posted by CarnivorousX View Post
                        So you're saying they can't come up with their own music, icons, and sound effects because it won't be original? Really??
                        Because I'm pretty sure people can still come up with original icons, sound effects, and music.

BUT, for everyone else.
                        Most professional companies ask for consent before they implement something that isn't their own. And also some old copy rights expire and become fair use.
                        I really hope this is the case for Wartune otherwise they risk having a law suit.
                        Wartune:
                        Server: [S3]Worg Lair
                        Name: Cashmere
                        Guild: Kingdom

My
                        My

Comment

I've google nor yahoo for some info or company that were ripping things from, and yes there's a list of it.
                          I can't tell where to start but its better to search em all on your own. The sense of originality has been long gone since 80's.

I have no more to tell its better for you all to find the answer on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
                            So you're saying they can't come up with their own music, icons, and sound effects because it won't be original? Really??
                            Because I'm pretty sure people can still come up with original icons, sound effects, and music.

BUT, for everyone else.
                            Most professional companies ask for consent before they implement something that isn't their own. And also some old copy rights expire and become fair use.
                            I really hope this is the case for Wartune otherwise they risk having a law suit.
                            No. What I am saying is the originality is dieing. Despite the * Infinite Possibility Principle* there is very little left that hasn't been done or that wont resemble something else. Obviously there as no issue with it. No one got sued. No one filed court orders. So why does it matter? They may one day do an update that changes things. And add their own original score. Who knows. I just think now a days to many people complain about originality when they themselves couldn't have done any better. It is a fun game. take it as is. Enjoy it. Give positive feedback and make it better. no point in whining about where they got the music. As Ygrakz said. ~The sense of originality has been long gone since 80's.~ It happens. Just be happy another good game was made from it.
                            Crystal Saga
                            CarnivorousX
                            Celestial Palace
                            Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                            Guild Edan

WarTune
                            Temple of Ibalize
                            Archer Lvl 4x
                            Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                              Uh, no. You sound just like ygrakz. Do you really think it's okay to rip music directly from another game? And people make original games every single day, look at the indie game scene in America and the doujin scene in Japan.
                              Pulling this quote simply for the "do you really think it's okay to rip music" part, though it's not really directed toward you.

Every game has this type of thread where people compare music, sound effects, art work, etc with every other game under the sun and claim the game is ripping off the original. Crystal Saga has many threads about how much it's "ripped off" from other games. But, it's still here, and no changes have been made, so.... if it was really ripped off then the owners of the copyrighted materials would have already had it all removed, right?

How do any of us know the real owners of the content haven't licensed out the use of the material, or flat out sold the rights? We don't. It's probably the actual scenario too.

Rights to use copyrighted materials are sold all the time in every industry- it's how a lot of major companies earn extra revenue. Easiest example of this would be movie theaters- movie theaters purchase the rights to show the films. It's very expensive to purchase the rights, but a lot of theaters make their money back by selling tickets to see the movie. It's why not every theater plays some movies, and why some theaters play last year's movies. The movie producers also purchase the rights to use music in the film, they make this money back from the sales to the theaters. This is why piracy hurts companies- no money being paid to use the content means someone on the chain isn't getting paid.

Now, apply that to the game world, specifically the mass produced style games that are offered on many platforms. The creators of games like this aren't looking to create original soundtracks, they are looking to getting a working product out as quick as possible to generate revenue to continue the process. R2Games didn't create wartunes or crystal saga, they license them to provide them to gamers in various demographics and often in a different language.

So, in the end, if you guys really want to complain about Wartunes "ripping off" other games, you should track down the creators of the game and complain to them. Good luck with that.
                              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                              X