Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The music

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is... MemoryLane covered it pretty closely. Yet people still point things out. There is no game alive today that doesn't have something borrowed from it. Doesn't mean it is stolen. Especially from the games you say they were * stolen*from since they came from a source before that. Hence why some games go out of their way to add * Original Score* to their cases. Like Eternal Sonta for example. Oh well. You guys have fun with this thread. =) I am getting off the boat now.
    Crystal Saga
    CarnivorousX
    Celestial Palace
    Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
    Guild Edan

WarTune
    Temple of Ibalize
    Archer Lvl 4x
    Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Originally posted by ygrakz View Post
      I wonder when will this ever ends cuz its pointless to discuss.

@Killerdaneil
      was that the SNES platform of Chrono Trigger?

@LordMagus
      have you ever played WoW? if you notice the upcoming patch/expansion they too were ripping stuff to make it good?
      it was a fanmade NON PROFIT fangame based on the chrono trigger rom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_...Crimson_Echoes http://richiebranson.com/2012/video-...rimson-echoes/ if Square can shut down a NON PROFIT fangame they can shut down this too

Comment

@Killerdaniel
        Wartune isn't fanmade its company made by 7road, so its not gonna be shutdown.
        only those fanmade that you already mention
        "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

CoS (CBT) - Kazue <Goblin - Arcanist>
        CoS (OBT) - Kazue <Ostenian - Arcanist>[S1 The Heartlands]
        Broken Realm - Kirai <Mage - Cleric>[S7 The Bloody Wilderness]

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY-Hh...ailpage#t=317s - Victory Music
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZyKLi55V0 - City Music, of course.
          ♥ Shermie ♥

Comment

Originally posted by ygrakz View Post
            @Killerdaniel
            Wartune isn't fanmade its company made by 7road, so its not gonna be shutdown.
            only those fanmade that you already mention
            You do realize that profiting from theft is WORSE, right? Copyright exists to ensure that the original creators get credit for their work. Instead, someone who's never heard of The Last Remnant is going to play Wartune and think

Oh my god, this music is so epic, 7 Road must be good composers

and judge the game better.

And to anyone saying noting original is made anymore, you're full of ****. Try playing something not made by a shady developer from a country that doesn't observe Copyrights.

It's blatant theft, the only reason I'm still arguing is because you keep trying to pull excuses out of your arse.

Comment

well my two cents is that their is a difference from copying a song in full and using it in their games and then making a video game music that sounds similar to an actual song. So far, this game pretty much copying every other games music. kinda sad to hear because most of us know were the songs are being ripped from.

plus this game is good so far for me and i dont want it to possibly shutdown because of this. one example of this is this video everyone should check it out, its kinda how video games gets around these issues, its cool to watch especially if u played these games, nice to see where they got the ideas from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrbBydaKG1k = Clanofthegraywolf made this video!

Comment

@LordMagus
                anyway you didn't answer my question probably you skiped it cuz you don't wanna answer

i've seen debate like this all over the other forums. WoW stealing stuff from SWTOR, Samsung ripping stuff from Apple Software. this debate is like a chain and it never
                breaks. i don't know why ppl wanna debate more on the originality, you should probably back track yourself to 80's before debating.

This issue will never stop cuz alot of popular games are also getting rip or cloned.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-Qo6QeR8U - Try watching this video as well
                Last edited by ygrakz; 08-25-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

It's pointless to compare the borrowing of an idea, like similar monsters or features in games like WOW and every MMORPG that came after, versus things like music, images, and source code that are not ideas but hard data have been directly ripped and used for profit without permission. It's very common in browser games, unfortunately, not to mention iPhone apps. Just look at Evony or all the **** Zynga got themselves into. It doesn't get stopped because most of the companies in question are based in China, which makes enforcing said copyright laws quite difficult. Even when they aren't, lawsuits are expensive and half of these companies won't exist by the time a suit was finished, and often aren't worth the trouble.

But just because it won't be stopped doesn't mean that it shouldn't be pointed out. This type of behavior does impact customers' opinions and loyalty to a company.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanecyclone View Post
                    Is ripped right from The Last Remnant. Come on man.
                    no wonder i thought it was so similiar geeez to think that they used a jrpgs music not that it's a bad thing you know
                    "You don't need a reason to help people" {Zidane Tribal**

"Being mindfull and virtuous is for the greater good"

"My Pen mightier than the sword conquering every word"

"Like the light that lights up the world I step once more back into the shadows of the night"

"The real truth?, theres more to it than you think"

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42
                    Class:Dps
                    Honour:Count
                    Server:Starglade
                    Guild: Blackwings

Comment

i like this game, nice artwork, character, different combat style (except cannot choose target and sometime enemy can hit u twice b4 u hit them once)
                      BUT I HATE THAT THEY STEAL MUSIC FROM MY OTHER FAVORITE GAME!

Comment

The music of farm.. remember me Secret of Mana saga.. lol
                        IGN: WezzyBahamut
                        Server: S4-Realm of Kiriyos
                        Class: Warrior
                        Guild: Genesis

Comment

if you ppl didn't watch the video that was posted. you would never understand that this isn't the only game that rips music out from the other company.
                          which is alot of games are ripping from popular companies.

Raphiel75's post show's you the video during 80's and mid 90's games that some of the soundtrack are being used or ripped from the music company way back in 60's to 80's. the video i posted show's you that the ripping will never ends, just watch those 2 video link we posted and understand it why.

Comment

@ygrakz dude, who care if this is the only company or not, we are talking about this game ripped music from other games, a whole track
                            and that is very sad to me not only this is a good game, it should have its own cool music

Comment

@StygianSaint
                              no comment i can see that you don't understand much about how companies does. you probably don't care much either so you focus your question on one company than the rest.

Since ppl doesn't wanna search throu the net or just plain lazy. its hard to explain for these ppl why companies ripping something that isn't there's.
                              If you want to stop this go to the company yourself and tell them to stop rather than ranting and raving in forums.
                              I'd rather enjoy what is given to us to play than making comments or rants and rave regardless what music was placed in.

I'll re-quote what i said last time "The Sense of Originality has been LONG GONE since 80's"

Comment

@ygrakz ya they can ripped off from other companies, i never said they cant if u can read. but that didnt make them legalize and i'm very disappoint to this. if they decide to use music from other games they should at least credit them. and yes theres still originality but not as much as before

Comment

Working...
                                X