This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@StypianSaint
    not just games they also intend to use music from the music industry. the only originality you might find is the game genre.
    the question is how many ppl understands it?
    "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

CoS (CBT) - Kazue <Goblin - Arcanist>
    CoS (OBT) - Kazue <Ostenian - Arcanist>[S1 The Heartlands]
    Broken Realm - Kirai <Mage - Cleric>[S7 The Bloody Wilderness]

Comment

all of you shut up. .who cares about the music.. if u dont like it then go settings and mute it.. and go to youtube then play any song u want to hear..
      god dam people.. wanna be cool...

Comment

If all of the music is ripped, what's the music that plays in Temple of Ennoblement? It's my favourite music in this game .

Comment

The music isn't stolen from any games, it is all original work. Don't know what you all are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Enura View Post
            The music isn't stolen from any games, it is all original work. Don't know what you all are talking about!
            Way to necro a thread with what I hope is sarcasm. There isn't any denying the music was ripped directly from The Last Remnant OST, among other sources.

Comment

@ygrakz WoW does sort of rip, but in ways that they alternate it and make it 10x better

Comment

Companies actually pay licensing for songs they want to use in their games. It's not really ripping. I learned this when I reported a browser game for using SoundTEMP's music and apparently, companies like a certain song, they pay the composer or label for rights to use it. Music doesnt belong to a company unless it's specifically composed in-house and licensed to it, ie: alot of Nintendo and some of Square's stuff most notably Final Fantasy.

Comment

Ok first of all R2 didn't develop this game so it's actually on the shoulders of Proficient City Ltd. R2 is just a hosting agency for the game.
                  Crystal Saga - S18 - Judgement
                  Wrenboh, Allanon, Collboh, Ravenlock, Wrenbrogue

Wartunes S1
                  Wrenboh, Collboh - Judgement

(Guildmaster Guide )
                  (How To Submit a Ticket)
                  ( Battleground Guide )

Comment

Originally posted by R2391668 View Post
                    Companies actually pay licensing for songs they want to use in their games. It's not really ripping. I learned this when I reported a browser game for using SoundTEMP's music and apparently, companies like a certain song, they pay the composer or label for rights to use it. Music doesnt belong to a company unless it's specifically composed in-house and licensed to it, ie: alot of Nintendo and some of Square's stuff most notably Final Fantasy.
                    This was discussed earlier. And I know for a fact that Blizzard owns the rights to those SFX, and that SquareEnix owns the rights to TLR OST. And last time I checked, huge game developers like that don't give out music licenses to some random small Chinese game developer. It's much more likely they're just abusing the lack of IPR enforcement in China and picking some popular BGM and SFX to hamfist together a soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                      This was discussed earlier. And I know for a fact that Blizzard owns the rights to those SFX, and that SquareEnix owns the rights to TLR OST. And last time I checked, huge game developers like that don't give out music licenses to some random small Chinese game developer. It's much more likely they're just abusing the lack of IPR enforcement in China and picking some popular BGM and SFX to hamfist together a soundtrack.
                      Just a question Magus. How do you know for a fact that Blizzard owns those SFX ro SquareEnix owns whatever. Have they filed patents or copyright paperwork for those sounds exclusively. Just wondering.
                      Crystal Saga - S18 - Judgement
                      Wrenboh, Allanon, Collboh, Ravenlock, Wrenbrogue

Wartunes S1
                      Wrenboh, Collboh - Judgement

(Guildmaster Guide )
                      (How To Submit a Ticket)
                      ( Battleground Guide )

Comment

Originally posted by WrenBoh View Post
                        Ok first of all R2 didn't develop this game so it's actually on the shoulders of Proficient City Ltd. R2 is just a hosting agency for the game.
                        Because i shoot a person, i'm not responsible because the company who made the gun is?
                        Awesome.

Anyways, if the developers are using these things without paying the fees to the original owners who holds the rights, both publisher and the developer can be held responsible. Assuming R2 has a good lawyer and if they get sued by Square Enix, they can sue the developer in their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenBoh View Post
                          Just a question Magus. How do you know for a fact that Blizzard owns those SFX ro SquareEnix owns whatever. Have they filed patents or copyright paperwork for those sounds exclusively. Just wondering.
                          Because those companies are also developers of their games which contracted outside or in-house music developers to create music for their games, which implies these music rights are held exclusively to the game company and not to the music creators for legal purposes. Not to mention they paid for the original rights and therefore are the holders. Unless the rights are leased out, they are violating it.

But hey, if you really want to know if this is legit or not... contact square enix or blizzard legal division. If its published in the US, then R2 must have already checked with the developer if their licenses and rights to use said music is legit. Else R2 is playing with fire.

Derp

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post
                            Because those companies are also developers of their games which contracted outside or in-house music developers to create music for their games, which implies these music rights are held exclusively to the game company and not to the music creators for legal purposes. Not to mention they paid for the original rights and therefore are the holders. Unless the rights are leased out, they are violating it.

But hey, if you really want to know if this is legit or not... contact square enix or blizzard legal division. If its published in the US, then R2 must have already checked with the developer if their licenses and rights to use said music is legit. Else R2 is playing with fire.

Derp
                            If you accuse the music of being stolened then the burden of proof is on you to prove. Otherwise don't accuse of stuff that don't make sense.

Comment

Necro party

Comment

We are aware of issues with certain music in the game, and are working with the developer to resolve them as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your support

Comment

Working...
                                X