No announcement yet.

Add stage selection for Spire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to Add more EXP for spire instead of stage. Not many people get to stage lvl 8+ though, why you want even more harder? ^^"
    ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
    -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
    ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
    (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      Meh, you were right. i wasnt read the opening post.

Anyway, while it sounds like a good idea, i disagree fully because it's killing the intensity of spire. It was a team based gameplay. Why not make MP dungeons and ToK fully automated / blitz capable if you can make a stage selection in spire?
      thanks

well MP was reduced by 1/3 from approx 45 minutes to about 15 minutes max nowadays, a huge improvement

ToK can change daily based on top cross server BR and it only takes about 10-15 minutes for hard which seems reasonable especially since the rewards are tremendous (900,000 exp and lots of souls/insigs)

Spire takes too much effort and time with marginal rewards for going further. getting an extra 300,000 exp and spire chest to pass 11 or 12 just doesn't match the effort and time since u have to save ur buffs thereby slowly getting through the other stages
      Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
        I would like to Add more EXP for spire instead of stage. Not many people get to stage lvl 8+ though, why you want even more harder? ^^"
        that's another option...increase the rewards significantly just like catacombs

something like double rewards after stage 5 and triple rewards after stage 10
        Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by qphantom View Post
          what you say is very true but helping lower players get rewards is not a major impact as there are lots of aids for low level players already in place. this is more geared towards the veteran players who are grinding day in and day out. also, a blitz gold "penalty" like catacomb is a small price to pay if ever there is one just as i would say everyone blitz's their catacomb these days

in addition, i imagine it would take a huge amount of more time to get to 14, 15, 16, and further on.

again like i said, it's much more fun to try to get past your current stage than to grind through 12 bosses
          I understand why you suggested this in the first place, and I myself would love to try to take on the harder bosses as well. However, spire is a survival type of event which means using your resources wisely is part of it. Skipping would mean no vulcan usage on 3rd-5th if your party normally uses it, still have revive, etc. This would eliminate any chance of making a mistake on the earlier bosses, things like mistimed a delphic on 9th boss and suicide, failing to stop a debuff on 3rd-5th or slow on 7th.

What I was saying about lower lvls getting help isn't the same as what some people are doing right now. I was talking about 4 20k BR players each get help by a strong team to get to boss 9 once, and then they can just team up and get full rewards from then on for bosses they can't beat. Right now, to help a lower lvl player, one must use his attempt EACH time to help. With my example, it only have to be done once. I want to make it clear that I'm not against helping weaker players, but just pointing out a potential for abuse with your suggestion.

Comment

Fun? yes maybe. But spire is a challenge, where challenge doesn't always equal fun. And there's also a problem where it's exploitable, that's why Spire and ToK cannot be done twice a day, unlike MP dungeons.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
              I agreed with this one, it's lame that harder bosses gives same reward as the easiest one.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

there was a post about allowing players to help in spire with no att but by doing that low lvl players would receive help from high lvl players. your idea leads to the same problem. I'll ask a favor from the strongest players on the server to help me once reach a much higher lvl and then receiving the rewards from them every day doing nothing ... so basically even a lvl 46 player with 20 k br can reach lvl 12 spire and daily receive the bonuses which are incredible for a lvl 46 player.

Comment

Originally posted by R27402931 View Post
                  I understand why you suggested this in the first place, and I myself would love to try to take on the harder bosses as well. However, spire is a survival type of event which means using your resources wisely is part of it. Skipping would mean no vulcan usage on 3rd-5th if your party normally uses it, still have revive, etc. This would eliminate any chance of making a mistake on the earlier bosses, things like mistimed a delphic on 9th boss and suicide, failing to stop a debuff on 3rd-5th or slow on 7th.
                  i understand the strategy since i've been to level 13 many times. my group was the first to beat the eye as well as the horse on my server. it's just not worth it at the moment due to low rewards and a lot more effort/time from saving all the vulcans

so spire either needs significantly more rewards or it needs a stage select or blitz to make it much more fun and interesting

What I was saying about lower lvls getting help isn't the same as what some people are doing right now. I was talking about 4 20k BR players each get help by a strong team to get to boss 9 once, and then they can just team up and get full rewards from then on for bosses they can't beat. Right now, to help a lower lvl player, one must use his attempt EACH time to help. With my example, it only have to be done once. I want to make it clear that I'm not against helping weaker players, but just pointing out a potential for abuse with your suggestion.
                  i understand it's possible but very unlikely and minimal relevance to the committed player
                  Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Poorly thought out concept. As others have pointed out:

1) Removes strategy. "Okay guys, let's burn all our runes to get to Spire X. Tomorrow we'll start from X and burn all our runes to get to Y. Then the next day to Z...and so on and so forth."
                    2) Rewards doing nothing. "I've beaten Spire X before. I think I'll just sit back and reap my Spire X rewards every day from now on, no more Spire fighting needed."
                    3) Easily exploited by power-assisted runs. "Okay guys, let's each carry a 46 from our guild through Spire X. Then all of them can just sit back and get Spire X rewards everyday, no Spire fighting needed."

Comment

Lazy people with lazy ideas.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                        Poorly thought out concept. As others have pointed out:

1) Removes strategy. "Okay guys, let's burn all our runes to get to Spire X. Tomorrow we'll start from X and burn all our runes to get to Y. Then the next day to Z...and so on and so forth."
                        sorry but saving as many vulcans as possible is already done 100x over...not really a "new" strategy to do. more like repetition now

2) Rewards doing nothing. "I've beaten Spire X before. I think I'll just sit back and reap my Spire X rewards every day from now on, no more Spire fighting needed."
                        it's like catacombs blitz and getting more rewards for 1 MP...very unheard of huh?

3) Easily exploited by power-assisted runs. "Okay guys, let's each carry a 46 from our guild through Spire X. Then all of them can just sit back and get Spire X rewards everyday, no Spire fighting needed."
                        ya carry people thru MP instead, and stone runs, arena, and NM, yeahhhhhhh

but spire? NO no no the noobs will overwhelm us...right...

lol
                        Last edited by qphantom; 09-02-2013, 11:32 AM.
                        Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                          Lazy people with lazy ideas.
                          yeah let's get rid of the blitz and put back 5 mp

oh and that VIP cool down...that's gotta go

cause everyone is just being lazy
                          Last edited by qphantom; 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM.
                          Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

anyway, either increase rewards for later stages or add a stage select
                            Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

No stage select is stupid seriously. This is suppose to be a challenging event just like necro. There are times that things need to be cut down and made shorter. I.E cata blitz and 1x mp. Then there are events that shouldn't change i.e. spire, tok, necro, etc. If you made everything too short you might as well them to add a button so you can clear all events in10 secs then don't bother to even play. Stupid suggestion imo im sorry but this is just as bad as people saying we need to have the option to blitz multi player dungeons.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                                No stage select is stupid seriously. This is suppose to be a challenging event just like necro. There are times that things need to be cut down and made shorter. I.E cata blitz and 1x mp. Then there are events that shouldn't change i.e. spire, tok, necro, etc. If you made everything too short you might as well them to add a button so you can clear all events in10 secs then don't bother to even play. Stupid suggestion imo im sorry but this is just as bad as people saying we need to have the option to blitz multi player dungeons.
                                everything has or will be shorted...eventually. from blitz to 1 MP. eventually solo arena will be decreased to 10 and group arena to 15.

i guess i should ask YOU, how can we shorten spire to 15 minutes like everything else?

OR at least increase the rewards for later levels
                                Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Working...
                                X